Hopkins on the move...to Chicago???

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

In 2017 he had a low separation stat with 2.1 yards yet he had 1378 yards and 13 TD's! crazy.

I'm not asking you to find me the evidence I'm asking for stats with some context. I'm also shook he was able to post these numbers in 2017 despite poor separation stats and being mostly unable to run.

It's insanely curious how he posted a far better season last year despite having greater separation! Almost as if Arizona in general was part of the problem. crazy. almost like I suggested that last year but hey those mystery GM's really nailed it!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

In 2017 he had a low separation stat with 2.1 yards yet he had 1378 yards and 13 TD's! crazy.

I'm not asking you to find me the evidence I'm asking for stats with some context. I'm also shook he was able to post these numbers in 2017 despite poor separation stats and being mostly unable to run.

It's insanely curious how he posted a far better season last year despite having greater separation! Almost as if Arizona in general was part of the problem. crazy. almost like I suggested that last year but hey those mystery GM's really nailed it!

He didnt have a far better season. He was suspended in Arizona and only played 9 games. In those 9 games he averaged 79.7 YPG whereas he played 17 games this year but only averaged 62.2 yards.

So basically what you have proven is he had a half yard less separation this year (2.3) compared to last (2.8) and had less YPG than last year. Ergo his production actually declined.

You ignoring that just because he had more total yards due to playing almost twice as many games is stats without context.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He didnt have a far better season. He was suspended in Arizona and only played 9 games. In those 9 games he averaged 79.7 YPG whereas he played 17 games this year but only averaged 62.2 yards.

So basically what you have proven is he had a half yard less separation this year (2.3) compared to last (2.8) and had less YPG than last year. Ergo his production actually declined.

You ignoring that just because he had more total yards due to playing almost twice as many games is stats without context.
You are ignoring how I literally said in 2017.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are ignoring how I literally said in 2017.

You said he had a far better season last year than in 2022. That is what I was responding too.

I don't give a shit what he did in 2017 as a 25 year old. The point was he was likely in decline and his 2023 numbers did in fact decline on a per game basis relative to 2022.

You have also lost sight of the whole context here. The whole point in my noting the lack of separation was to point out that like Allen Robinson Fields did not appear to like WRs whose game was more about contested catches in tight spaces vs getting separation.

Are you honestly telling me you watched Fields this whole year and did not notice that he doesn't like throwing in tight spaces. So the whole point was however good you still think Hopkins is his play style did not fit Fields.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You said he had a far better season last year than in 2022. That is what I was responding too.

I don't give a shit what he did in 2017 as a 25 year old. The point was he was likely in decline and his 2023 numbers did in fact decline on a per game basis relative to 2022.

You have also lost sight of the whole context here. The whole point in my noting the lack of separation was to point out that like Allen Robinson Fields did not appear to like WRs whose game was more about contested catches in tight spaces vs getting separation.

Are you honestly telling me you watched Fields this whole year and did not notice that he doesn't like throwing in tight spaces. So the whole point was however good you still think Hopkins is his play style did not fit Fields.
At 25 years old he only managed 2.1 yards separation. The point I’m making is he was never an elite separation receiver. The fact that you cited this from a stupid article and now continue to defend your take is just too funny!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At 25 years old he only managed 2.1 yards separation. The point I’m making is he was never an elite separation receiver. The fact that you cited this from a stupid article and now continue to defend your take is just too funny!

Ok and the point is he wasn't a good fit for Fields who doesn't like throwing in tight spaces.