Hot Stove,Random Trade Ideas, And FA Ideas And Discussions

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
last 2 seasons of BA and OBP were not all that bad and his WAR is a 4.7 which is right up Leftys alley, but....he is going to get way overpaid, and again......i dont want another runner on this team, it makes it so ozzie can run us out of more innings. we need a BAT.

Crawford is in his prime right now man, he is a bat. He's going to be good for a mid-.850's OPS or so, and with his speed and defense, he's going to be worth the money for sure.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love OBP. batting avg is just ehh, OBP is the stat for sure. The sox need OBP like yesterday.

Mark Kotsay..
th_ssst.gif

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you remind me of what Pierre brings to the table, again? I mean, besides a piss-poor steal success rate.

but it is not so easy to resolve, the lead off spot that is.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Theres no better leadoff hitter out there Lefty. So Pierre is good enough for us to win a title. He's decent defensively. Add in crawford and we have some good speed with Pierre, Rios, Crawford, Ramirez, Beckham

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theres no better leadoff hitter out there Lefty. So Pierre is good enough for us to win a title. He's decent defensively. Add in crawford and we have some good speed with Pierre, Rios, Crawford, Ramirez, Beckham

i believe he wants less CS, and more OBP out of the leadoff position.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well we need better bats so they cant pitch crappy to pierre so he doesn't get on. He had like 60 some SBs and everyone gets CS sometimes it just cant ruin your inning

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well we need better bats so they cant pitch crappy to pierre so he doesn't get on. He had like 60 some SBs and everyone gets CS sometimes it just cant ruin your inning

i blame alot of it on ozzie.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Paulie is a goner.

I know he wants to play closer to home.

But, it will sting not seeing him in a Sox uni.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Paulie is a goner.

I know he wants to play closer to home.

But, it will sting not seeing him in a Sox uni.

im predicting a crapfest lineup opening day.i hope im wrong.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

No, he gets caught stealing a TON. Do you know what ALL that running this season was worth? 2.65 runs. That's IT. For 68 steals, he only brought the team an extra 2.65 runs, because he got caught so damned often. It's not enough to say that "everyone gets caught once in awhile", because there is a definite interplay between stealing success and stealing failure, it is not a "no-lose" situation, there is a definite downside to getting caught, and if you do it enough, you aren't helping your team, no matter how many bases you actually do steal.

Oh yeah, and on that note about pitching "crappy" to Pierre:

1) I highly doubt that any pitcher in the MLB would ever, EVER seek to avoid pitching to Juan Pierre. Ever.

2) The phenomena you are referencing is often called "lineup protection", the idea that hitter X will see better pitches to hit with Albert Pujols batting behind him in the order than he would with Mario Mendoza in the on-deck circle. This phenomena has never been shown to exist in any culpable amount whatsoever. The idea of "protection" in the lineup is just one in a long line of baseball myths that modern empirical studies have shown to be completely untrue and, to an extent, illogical.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, I was just kidding. But, you never know with Ozzie.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I mean, it really could end up being Omar starting with Teahen being in a super-utility role. If that happens I'm done as a Sox fan.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I mean, you might think they're jokes, but Ozzie has done some similarly ass-backwards and Special person things in his managerial career already.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, it really could end up being Omar starting with Teahen being in a super-utility role. If that happens I'm done as a Sox fan.

you can add me to the list.

who would you cheer for if that happened?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, you might think they're jokes, but Ozzie has done some similarly ass-backwards and Special person things in his managerial career already.

Ozzie is begging for Grindy McKotsay as we speak.