How Did You Respond to Losing Ben Gordon?

Liked Posts:
I hope you're happy Johnny Pax.

As soon as I saw it online I was so furious I hurled my Bulls mug and broke a huge mirror in the room. It shattered in a thousand pieces and the next thing I knew I was standing there with bits of broken glass in between my toes and all over the place screaming "NO!" (I was drinking orange juice) and thinking, "Nice going Johnny Pax. Congratulations Chicago Bulls management. You had Ben Gordon and from day one you underappreciated, undervalued and disrespected him. You just let him walk."

We just lost our boss player and we aren't getting squa-doosh in return. Anything else we need to give away? The banners? The finals trophies? The Michael Jordan statue? Apparently anything of any value at all can be had for free.

Good for Ben Gordon. He's going to a place where they love and appreciate him. He's going to earn more than 10 million a year; play a ton of minutes; start every single night. As overdue as it is for him i say good for you Ben Gordon. You're finally getting paid.

For the rest of us, it's bad. He's not going to Portland. He's not going to Oklahoma City or Memphis. Of all the teams he's going to Detroit.

That's what you get Johnny Pax.

It's a shame...

It'll be hard rooting for him since he's a Piston but I think just this once we can make an exception.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I didn't give a damn anymore, I was glad it was over.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
apparently BG might come off the bench...uh oh...

it's not johnny pax's fault, idk what we expect him to do. it's JR's fault.

rodman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I cried, I can't watch any highlights or so, b/c I really have to start cry again. What stupida.. franchise loses its best player for nothing???? And keeps whiteboy Kirk and princess Deng instead??? Who's gonna take the crunchtime shots? I guess nobody....
Me I am sad.... :(

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
where's fred??? he didn't do anything to himself, right?

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
where's fred??? he didn't do anything to himself, right?

I certainly hope not.

As bad a mess as it was and as expensive as it's going to be to replace...all that glass everywhere...it felt good, man.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Threw a party and offer and put $5 on Ben's plane ticket

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cried a bit. Whined a lot. Sad sad day. We're fairly thin at the 2 spot now. The one positive that I can see of all this is that it's possible to replace a 3pt shooter who is a SG with someone cheaper. Unfortunately, no one we get will be nearly as clutch as BG. Since people are so caught up in Ben Gordon's so called nonexistant defense, I say we now target Anthony Parker, as he is a good defender...and taller (another thing people hate about Gordon is his lack of height). John Salmons, I hope you're up for the challenge.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
It's nice that you're blaming Paxson but he had nothing to do with this. Nor did Jerry or Gar.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
It's nice that you're blaming Paxson but he had nothing to do with this. Nor did Jerry or Gar.

what??? he's the freaking owner of the team!!!

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:

It isn't Paxson's fault or Reinsdorf's?

...You know what? I blame myself...

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I was a little disappointed, but I thought Gordon was a goner as of last trade deadline and said as much.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I wasn't shocked. I just knew that management wouldn't spend on Gordon when Salmons would be capable of filling his spot.

Once Salmons got here and was producing, I knew that was the end of BG here. Because they weren't going to be able to move Deng, that's for sure.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
I swear, it seems like Jerry, Paxson, and Gar are deliberately trying to screw Derrick Rose. I read on ESPN that Ben Gordon has already surpassed Ray Allen in some shooting category. He's certainly on pace to doing destruction. If his defense was such cripple, why didn't they keep Thabo Sefelosha whom has great chemistry on the court with Rose. That could of been a nice Depth Chart with Gordon and Sefelosha. Offense subs for Defense.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
I swear, it seems like Jerry, Paxson, and Gar are deliberately trying to screw Derrick Rose. I read on ESPN that Ben Gordon has already surpassed Ray Allen in some shooting category. He's certainly on pace to doing destruction. If his defense was such cripple, why didn't they keep Thabo Sefelosha whom has great chemistry on the court with Rose. That could of been a nice Depth Chart with Gordon and Sefelosha. Offense subs for Defense.

Gordon has the most career three pointers for a player in the first five years of their career.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I wanted to keep BG if we could get him on a reasonable contract, but as soon as Boozer opted in it was obvious that he would be the Piston's target and they'd pay more than I thought we should pay.

So while I'd rather have kept him as a good priced asset, I was relieved we didn't overpay and get him on a contract we couldn't trade later.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
what??? he's the freaking owner of the team!!!

Okay, let me get this straight...

2 years ago they offered him 5/50, he said no, he should be the highest paid player on the team. (Ben Wallace was then on the team at 15mil) So he wanted to make more than 15mil obviously. They offered Hinrich, Deng and Gordon contracts, Hinrich is the only one that signs that year.

1 year ago they offered Ben 6/54, and gave him a deadline. Ben initially turns down the offer, then Ben didn't meet the deadline, the deal was off the table.

Now, Ben leaves for 1mil more a year. According to Brian Hanley, Gar Forman called Ben's agent and asked, what are they offering you? The response? Don't worry about it. So you know what? I don't worry about it. Neither does Reinsdorf.

They kissed Gordon's ass! They offered to pay him above his market value two years ago, and quit whining about Hinrich, they offered him LESS money than they offered Ben! Who's fault is this mess? Ben!

Then he gets on the radio and talks about not being offered a contract and all this stuff, they catered to him THE LAST TWO SEASONS! HE ISN'T EVEN AN ALLSTAR!

Enuff is enuff!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The $50 million over 5 year deal was under market value, as Paxson believes that guys should take below market value deals in early extensions.

The $54 million over 6 years is likely less than what Miami and New York were offering Ben in a sign and trade.

And obviously, both offers ended up being less than the $55 million over 5 year deal that the Pistons gave him. So I don't quite understand how the Bulls kissed his ass by giving him above market value deals, when the contract he got on the open market was better than both of the Bulls' offers.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The $50 million over 5 year deal was under market value, as Paxson believes that guys should take below market value deals in early extensions.

below market value? What? You gotta be kidding me. They overpaid for him, where did you get that bs about Paxson, where did he say such a thing, makes no sense.

Ben wanted 5yr/15mil like Wallace, you think he was worth that?