How Did You Respond to Losing Ben Gordon?

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Not only were the 2 previous offers under market value, they were low ball offers when compared to the lucrative deals that Deng, Chandler, and Wallace got. meaning the front office thought they were more valuable than gordon.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
The $50 million over 5 year deal was under market value, as Paxson believes that guys should take below market value deals in early extensions.

below market value? What? You gotta be kidding me. They overpaid for him, where did you get that bs about Paxson, where did he say such a thing, makes no sense.

Ben wanted 5yr/15mil like Wallace, you think he was worth that?

I don't think you quite understand what market value is.

market value
?–noun

the value of a business, property, etc., in terms of what it can be sold for on the open market;

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
ok, obviously market value is in fact NOT 9 mil a year, because BG actually got paid MORE than that...

we just tried to figure BG's market value by what the bulls offered.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Market value in basketball is an interesting situation, because it depends so much on the market at any given point.

If, say, Chris Bosh was a UFA this season instead of next season and the Pistons signed him for max money then BG's market value may have been around 7 million instead of 11, because there weren't a line of suitors.

So much of it is fortunate timing.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
I stayed up too late, got agitated, and through the course of the day I've been trying to regroup around Rose and Noah and that is it. Put your blinders on folks. It will be much better watching those two with tunnel vision.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Frank you need to see someone for your mental issues.:laugh: As for those who cried, I didnt know BG died I just though he went to Detroit. Seriously some of you need to man up.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think you quite understand what market value is.

I think you should have answered the damn question.

But whatever the case, Ben Gordon was overpaid in my opinion by the Pistons. So let him go. He thought he was worth more than that a couple of years back. He explicitly said he wanted to be the highest paid player because he was the best player on the team. No way the Bulls give him that kind of money, would have been outrageous.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Frank you need to see someone for your mental issues. As for those who cried, I didnt know BG died I just though he went to Detroit. Seriously some of you need to man up.

AMEN! Dedicatin' songs to him and whinin' and crying and bitchin...ridiculous. And someone actually threatened to kill Reinsdorf, OVER BEN GORDON! Just sad.

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Frank you need to see someone for your mental issues.:laugh: As for those who cried, I didnt know BG died I just though he went to Detroit. Seriously some of you need to man up.

I don't have any mental issues whatsoever. You don't know me...why are you saying this?

Like anyone else I'm a Bulls fan and I happen to be a Ben Gordon fan and while i'll grant you throwing a mug of orange juice and shattering a mirror isn't exactly the most logical thing in the world...(and i pause here for your laughter and mine)...i'll be willing to bet everyone on here has done something completely irrational here and there as well. Maybe not as rash as what i did...but something completely irrational.

Am i right or am I right?

Am I questioning your mental capacity? I don't think so.

I just went overboard, man. No worries.