How do we fix the QB in 2020

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
Bunch of bull responses..I'm talking to Luck every day.. be his best buddy..send him Christmas presents..siging some good oline and tell him Chicago needs you..you have no shadow of a past QB to live up to -YOU LUCK will be the shadow every other QB in Chicago will have to look back at. Bring Andrew Luck out of retirement...

Yes..its just a dream

It would be nice, but one main issue. he wont come here because our Oline is shit.

mbison

Liked Posts:
He's a cancer because he will divide any locker room. His girlfriend is truly head fucked and would be a major distraction.

Windy is a moron for even suggesting this

How would he divide the locker room? I’m pretty sure everyone in the Bears locker room wants equality for ALL! Not just the people who benefit from privileged now

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If going for a vet, Bridgewater is definitely the guy at this point.
Would be nice, but I don't feel like we have any trade value especially since he's been undefeated as a backup

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
People who want Mariota are crazy. You think Trubisky is bad? Mariota has had one of the best O-lines in football in front of him almost his entire career and he has been average at his very best. Hard pass.

Depending on what happens in Carolina, I am looking at Kyle Allen.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Kaep's last three years he played were worse than the 2018 Mitch, stats back me up. Now you want to throw in a QB who will be 31 and has not played any kind of football in three years. I can guarantee you some of his skills have deteriorated, like arm strength, speed, and ability to react at game speed. No thanks. There are much better options
Colin still trains and does whatever to stay and be ready, his agent been contacting teams before the season started.
my idea would be bring him here now, cut chase, possibly active Bray and let Colin catch up to game time speed with practice during a four week stretch, I would even let Colin play in garbage time while trying to get up to speed with Nagy's offense system. Maybe Mitch will play better because of this knowing Chase ain't that guy. Colin on the other hand could have a lot to prove and he's just waiting to eat.

btw, about Colin being 31.....
TOM BRADY is 42.
QBs are protected nowadays

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I rather we find our own Qb in the draft by drafting one every year or two, become a Qb breeding market someday like the Pats.
Really, I think Teddy, will be too pricey (same goes for Foles, Cam and rivers) and I totally believe after what Bridgewater witness at soldier field, i doubt he would want to come to Chicago, but somebody like Mariota would because he would be able to handle Chicago (iMO) and Mariota does sucks as a choice. He could be better than Mitch as of right now and definitely a cheap option cap-wise. The Bears just need a rental and insurance. Figure out the whole cap situation, get their ducks in order and either get really lucky with Mitch, a drafted QB or a FA-QB before the window on this defense closes.

It makes no sense to sign a QB to a big ass contract now without the possibility of knowing if Nagy and Pace are going to get fired a year or two later.

BTW it doesn't have to be Mariota, it could end up being Bortles, Hundley, Siemian, Geno Smith or some other bums..etc. but we're definitely ain't gettin' a QB like Bridgewater, Prescott or Rivers.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People who want Mariota are crazy. You think Trubisky is bad? Mariota has had one of the best O-lines in football in front of him almost his entire career and he has been average at his very best. Hard pass.

Depending on what happens in Carolina, I am looking at Kyle Allen.

The Titans were 29th in adjusted sack percentage last season. They are 32nd so far this season. He’s also been playing in John Fox type schemed offenses with no weapons around him.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Still feel it's a mistake ignoring the keystone cops run blocking

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bunch of bull responses..I'm talking to Luck every day.. be his best buddy..send him Christmas presents..siging some good oline and tell him Chicago needs you..you have no shadow of a past QB to live up to -YOU LUCK will be the shadow every other QB in Chicago will have to look back at. Bring Andrew Luck out of retirement...

Yes..its just a dream

The Colts still own his contract.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears can’t afford to absorb Foles’ contract with Trubisky’s money being guaranteed. The Bears’ cap situation was fine provided Trubisky panned our. Since he is a bust, you are now handcuffed with no wiggle room.

The only way to salvage something is signing a reclamation project on the cheap and let the best man win. The Bears just need average QB play at this point to be a competitive team.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft qb in the second and use all available cap to sign vet OL help. Signing a vet QB is really just throwing in the towel and saying you give up on making a championship run.

Bears had a chance to hit a home run with the third overall pick and Pace whiffed.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
What I expect is the Bears to be 5-9 and Bray getting a cup of tea. He will play well in the last two games given it will be garbage time at the end of the year. Pace will see enough to go with the Trubisky/Bray/mid-round draft pick scenario into next year. Bray will beat out Trubisky in TC and then Bray will implode when the games actually matter and teams game plan for him. Season will be lost again.

Typical Bears.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Would be nice, but I don't feel like we have any trade value especially since he's been undefeated as a backup
It would be tough for any team to convince Saints to trade Bridgewater this year. It's possible if Brees is healthy, but true, Bears don't have much draft capital for that move.

I was thinking more of 2020. For 2019 Bridgewater only signed a 1 yr $7.5 contract. That's only $2.5 more than Daniel. I'd assume teams will pay Teddy starting pay for 2020, that could be the Bears.

We'll have a better idea of where Trubisky is by the end of this year.

Last edited:

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am wondering what people think is the best way to fix the QB spot in 2020 so that we do not totally waste this defenses window.

*Trubisky must be kept because his money is guaranteed, so he will be on the team no matter what.

Option 1: The Veteran Starter

Sign Teddy Bridgewater 4 years 80 million/42 guaranteed [Foles Light]

Draft a QB in the 5th round

Bridgewater
Trubisky
5th Round Pick

You sign Bridgewater to start. He is smart, accurate and has spent 2 years with one of the best play callers in the league and a HOF QB. Trubisky can compete, but he is starting behind Bridgewater who can run an offense and compliment the defense.

Brees is too close to retirement. No way if i were the Saints would i let Bridgewater walk. I would even go as far as saying the Saints would cut Brees to pay Bridgewater if they had to (precedence Brett Favre). Which leaves Bears Picking up Brees and winning the Super Bowl (precedence P. Manning).

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Use the same strategy Seahawks used , Tripledown. Two FA and draft .

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears will go with Mariota, because Foles or Bridgewater at their salaries are going to be the starter.
Do you think it would be possible to trade Mitchell for Teddy B?

Then Target Hurts in the draft with our 2nd?