How do we fix the QB in 2020

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick is a locker room cancer and his girlfriend is a fucked in the head commie
Not sure about the cancer part. He was pretty successful for a while. The end in SF was ugly, but Chip Kelly did no one any favors (trust me I know that all too well :cry:)

If this is about the protest I think he actually was fairly successful. It was a completely non-violent gesture that generated a lot of awareness towards unequal treatment minorities by the police. You may not agree with the message or were receptive to his sediments, but as far as protests go it was quite an accomplishment.

Regarding his GF I rarely care about the mental state of football players I root for, let alone whomever they are having sex with. Maybe here's another way of looking at it. We all love Kalil Mack. Would you cut him over what his GF is thinking?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The best solution to fix the quarterback position is to wholesale change the organization from the top. I mean above the GM level.

For several decades, this organization has had a problem at the quarterback position with dozens of different quarterbacks. Some of which have shown real promise as an NFL prospect.

Bears fans always knee jerk think the QB is the problem because we see the results on the field.

The problem is this organization places a higher premium on developing a successful defense. This is why they always seem to piece together an elite defense. That culture is embedded in this Bears organization while they ignore investing in an established NFL caliber offensive system/personnel.

No logical person can look at the large amount of reproducible evidence over the last decade and conclude that each of those quarterbacks were the problem.

As an example for how a real organization does it, look at how Aaron Rodgers got to learn the nuances of the game behind an NFL legend for 3 years in an offense that fits like a glove for his skillset.

The Bears had a John Fox offense and drafted Trubisky to absorb all of that NFL level knowledge behind Mike Glennon in an offense that fit him like OJ's glove. Then he was somewhat successful in year 2 with some ups and downs. Now in year 3 the offense around him as regressed.

I understand why Mitch is pissed and if I'm am qb coming into the draft, I wouldn't feel good about my long term outlook for my legacy or financial security.

Reactions: DC

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Not sure about the cancer part. He was pretty successful for a while. The end in SF was ugly, but Chip Kelly did no one any favors (trust me I know that all too well :cry:)

If this is about the protest I think he actually was fairly successful. It was a completely non-violent gesture that generated a lot of awareness towards unequal treatment minorities by the police. You may not agree with the message or were receptive to his sediments, but as far as protests go it was quite an accomplishment.

Regarding his GF I rarely care about the mental state of football players I root for, let alone whomever they are having sex with. Maybe here's another way of looking at it. We all love Kalil Mack. Would you cut him over what his GF is thinking?
He's a cancer because he will divide any locker room. His girlfriend is truly head fucked and would be a major distraction.

Windy is a moron for even suggesting this

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He's a cancer because he will divide any locker room. His girlfriend is truly head fucked and would be a major distraction.

Windy is a moron for even suggesting this

Kaepernick is an upstanding role model who is bringing awareness to systemic racism and police brutality.

he doesn't kneel to blind patriotism like actual commies do. I would say he's pretty far from being a "commie."

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If they don't believe Trubisky is the guy, and if you can't win now with him, then get rid of him. Doesnt matter if the contract is guaranteed or not.

Bring in a guy like MM on a 1 year-ish deal, and draft a QB you like. A 2nd rd pick would be fine, but it has to be the right player. If not, wait until later in the draft and hope.

There's no magical fix...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Chiefs got a Alex S
Someone Thinks This Is Possible

I'm not sure this has any remote chance of happening, but there's at least reason for someone to write the article if TB has made the moves the writer mentions in the article.

Trubs has proven the last couple years he isn't the short term answer and hasn't developed like anyone would expect a #2 draft pick. This puts Chicago in a terrible place, with limited draft capital in the 2020 draft, and forcing their hand to potentially draft a QB before Trubs' rookie deal is finished, along with signing a vet.

The current situation is the perfect storm of bad for the QB position.

I don't hate the Mariota potential, seems he might be like what Alex Smith was for the Chiefs when they got him. A stabilizing player at the position and they were competitive each week with him. He'd be reunited with his college coach as well.
The Chiefs got an Alex Smith coming off a 100 QB rating year. Mariota has never been near that.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The idea of mariota needs to die right now.

Teddy Bridgewater or nick Foles are the best/realistic options.

Next best option is to draft a QB with the 1st 2nd round pick, but that really depends on who is there. I do not think hurts will be there, but if he was I’d love to see the bears draft him.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Kaep's last three years he played were worse than the 2018 Mitch, stats back me up. Now you want to throw in a QB who will be 31 and has not played any kind of football in three years. I can guarantee you some of his skills have deteriorated, like arm strength, speed, and ability to react at game speed. No thanks. There are much better options
Colin Kaepernick
...for now, let him train and practice with the team. if needed, we put his ass out there in the game.
Everybody needs to let their sorry ass feelings about Colin Kaepernick melt in a boiling pot.
People made it worse than what the situation was, without doubt not one fucking person can't say he wouldn't be an upgraded over Mitchell right now. People are just fucking pussies most of the time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I am wondering what people think is the best way to fix the QB spot in 2020 so that we do not totally waste this defenses window.

*Trubisky must be kept because his money is guaranteed, so he will be on the team no matter what.

Option 1: The Veteran Starter

Sign Teddy Bridgewater 4 years 80 million/42 guaranteed [Foles Light]

Draft a QB in the 5th round

Bridgewater
Trubisky
5th Round Pick

You sign Bridgewater to start. He is smart, accurate and has spent 2 years with one of the best play callers in the league and a HOF QB. Trubisky can compete, but he is starting behind Bridgewater who can run an offense and compliment the defense.

Option 2: The Veteran Competition

Sign Marcus Mariota 2 years 36 million/18 guaranteed, really is a one year deal for 18 million but 2 years gives you some cap wiggle room and allows you to keep him if he takes off.

Draft a QB in round 5.

Mariota/Trubisky
5th round pick

This plan leaves the QB spot exposed and the Bears would need Mariota or Trubisky to be the guy. That is not as guaranteed for 2 guys who have been benched or could be benched this season.

Option 3: The High Draft Pick

Re-sign Chase Daniel

Draft a QB in round 2 or trade up a little to get to the end of round 1 for the option

Trubisky/2nd Round PIck
Daniel

This would be the cheapest financially and would allow more money to be saved for the defense. This would also put the rookie into a situation where they could not sit for very long if 10 continues to crap down his leg.

I'd like to see Bridgewater here. But he'd be foolish to leave N.O. IMO, he's the heir apparent to Brees.
However, I like the idea of Mariota. He's mobile and can make plays on the move. We don't need a Qb who's immobile

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Bunch of bull responses..I'm talking to Luck every day.. be his best buddy..send him Christmas presents..siging some good oline and tell him Chicago needs you..you have no shadow of a past QB to live up to -YOU LUCK will be the shadow every other QB in Chicago will have to look back at. Bring Andrew Luck out of retirement...

Yes..its just a dream

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
The idea of mariota needs to die right now.

Teddy Bridgewater or nick Foles are the best/realistic options.

Next best option is to draft a QB with the 1st 2nd round pick, but that really depends on who is there. I do not think hurts will be there, but if he was I’d love to see the bears draft him.

You can tell who knows jack about the QB position if they think Mariota is somehow a fix or a bandaid. He’s trash. Simple. Just like Rex Trubisky is trash, no matter how angry/curt he gets at press conferences. Nothing is going to change that fact that he locks on one read, has no vision, no pocket presence or accuracy. They’re kind of on the same boat and thus, we’d be going through the same thing again next season with two trash QBs instead of one.

The fix is simple. You get Foles. Period. He has pocket presence/awareness. Is accurate and most importantly, he knows the system. So it won’t be a big adjustment. The Jags will probably let Minshew be their guy, so coming off the injury the draft price shouldn’t be too high. You keep the trash Trubisky for the next season as a backup and you draft a guy to hopefully develop like Minshew. And hopefully if all goes okay, you maybe able to trade one of them for some draft capital.

Foles is only 30, so you can get some good seasons out of him and be playoff contenders while still drafting and developing prospects. I don’t believe Mitch Grossman is salvageable, but who knows. You get some restructuring done on our soft, matador o-line and some cuts and Foles contract shouldn’t be an issue. This is the best way to keep the window open, but the Bears will do what they always do, placate and make excuses for the QB until they fire everyone (except sweaty teddy) and realize too late that he’s not the guy. I hope I’m wrong because they can still right this ship next season. They just have to shallow their pride and admit they whiffed on Mitch Tebow.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
THIS... I think this one of the more realistic scenarios given the Helfrich and Pace connection (Pace reported was high on him)

I am not overly thrilled with Mariota but would take him in a heart beat over 2019 Mitch. Sometimes the change of scenery can do a lot for a guy.

We'll see what kind of EGO Pace has....and if he is willing to throw in the towel already on his failed 2017 pick and basically admit that he F*d that one up.

Mariota might not be a back-breaker financially. He lost his job to Tannehill and there will likely be a glut of veteran FA qb's available. Mariota isn't dealing from a position of strength. Might be had for $10 mil a year or less.