How do you cope...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Broken coverages all over the fucking field any time you watch KC play, even against the best D's.

Its like watching Madden on rookie.

Then you watch the bears games, who run the same offense, and its like playing madden on fucking hall of fame.

“But Mahomes is just making easy throws to wide-open receiverrrsssss.”

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Please stop posting your opinion as fact. Mary Kay Cabot is basically an insider with the Browns and their interest was real. It was a big story before the draft. Haslam coveted Trubisky.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ll-potential-no-1-pick-in-nfl-draft-by-browns

And...

“The team is both pondering a trade-up for the former Cleveland-area high school quarterback and selecting him at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Cabot adds that the pro-Garrett vibes coming out of Sashi Brown‘s Wednesday press conference do not mean the team is going to take the defensive end, noting the Browns are “strongly considering” bypassing the Texas A&M sack artist and selecting Trubisky.
Cleveland’s line of thinking here is believed to be that the pro-Trubisky contingent within the Browns’ decision-making structure is uncertain he will be there at No. 12 and isn’t sure the team will be able to swing a trade back into the top 10 to select him. Sources informed Cabot the team is ready to select its quarterback of the future.”

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/latest-on-browns-mitch-trubisky-interest

That is a myth perpetuated by pace lovers to defend his idiotic trade up for trubisky. The browns had the 1st over all pick and picked DE over qb. if you have a qb you like you dont pass him up for a de. They also traded their other 1st round which ended up being watson. They were not interested in a qb in the first round. You do know saying a lie over and over again doesn't make it true.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That is a myth perpetuated by pace lovers to defend his idiotic trade up for trubisky. The browns had the 1st over all pick and picked DE over qb. if you have a qb you like you dont pass him up for a de. They also traded their other 1st round which ended up being watson. They were not interested in a qb in the first round. You do know saying a lie over and over again doesn't make it true.

So Mary Kay Cabot is a Pace lover? I hope his wife isn’t jealous.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Aside from all the other hindsight questions, how did so many teams miss on Mahomes arm strength and accuracy? His throws are effortless and dead on. You’d think those are pretty high up on list of things QBs need....

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't think you know how to read. Nothing suggested that the browns had interest in trading up for trubisky.

Did you read the articles? How fucking dumb are you?

Also, you claimed they had zero interest in drafting a QB.

Do you head out into the world daily wearing a helmet and a mouth guard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Aside from all the other hindsight questions, how did so many teams miss on Mahomes arm strength and accuracy? His throws are effortless and dead on. You’d think those are pretty high up on list of things QBs need....

The area scouts for every team that missed on him have some explaining to do. Guys on this board were saying he had poor mechanics, was a system QB and was a major project. Obviously, the comments were regurgitated nonsense. If you ever watched Texas Tech play, he was always the best player on the field. All the things he’s doing at KC were on display at Tech. A guy like Mayfield played with the best players in the Big 12 and behind the best line in the conference. Mahomes played with inferior talent behind suspect protection and made everyone on his offense better. Also, he was called a gunslinger but what most failed to mention was his incredible accuracy throwing from many different platforms.

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The real question I have is why can the Bears routinely put together generational defenses and find good running backs but can't manage to get a franchise signal caller.

For the last ~20 years the bears have used first rounders on McNown, Grossman, Cutler, and now Trubisky. So, I'm used to it. I do think Trubisky still has hope, but something's gotta give.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Did you read the articles? How fucking dumb are you?

Also, you claimed they had zero interest in drafting a QB.

Do you head out into the world daily wearing a helmet and a mouth guard.
It said they might draft trubisky at 1st. Obviously they didn't and they traded the pick that turned into watson. Only a dumb ass like you would take an article with hypotheticals as truth. The browns did not want a 1st round qb and pace got ripped off.

if you want articles with hypotheticals here ya go

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15474510/mitchell-trubisky-bears-49ers-trade-2017-draft

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It said they might draft trubisky at 1st. Obviously they didn't and they traded the pick that turned into watson. Only a dumb ass like you would take an article with hypotheticals as truth. The browns did not want a 1st round qb and pace got ripped off.

if you want articles with hypotheticals here ya go

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15474510/mitchell-trubisky-bears-49ers-trade-2017-draft

“The team is both pondering a trade-up for the former Cleveland-area high school quarterback and selecting him at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Cabot adds that the pro-Garrett vibes coming out of Sashi Brown‘s Wednesday press conference do not mean the team is going to take the defensive end, noting the Browns are “strongly considering” bypassing the Texas A&M sack artist and selecting Trubisky.”

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/latest-on-browns-mitch-trubisky-interest

She’s wired into the Browns. Once Trubisky was gone, they traded the pick instead of trying to trade up. They didn’t want Watson or Mahomes.

The Bears said they were fielding calls for three before they traded up. Who do you think that might have been?

It was everywhere that their owner (Haslam) wanted Trubisky.

You don’t like Pace because he refused to pay Alshon like a number one receiver which he isn’t. You must have saved your allowance for a 17 jersey and then your hero was gone. I’m sure it was heart breaking.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
“The team is both pondering a trade-up for the former Cleveland-area high school quarterback and selecting him at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Cabot adds that the pro-Garrett vibes coming out of Sashi Brown‘s Wednesday press conference do not mean the team is going to take the defensive end, noting the Browns are “strongly considering” bypassing the Texas A&M sack artist and selecting Trubisky.”

Again they didn't draft him and there was no trade up in the works.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nothingburger, Pace got hit with a smokescreen and ripped his dick off in front of everyone.

What I think some aren't realizing is even if it's true that the Browns wanted Trubisky, why would you want to copy the Browns? They've been an almost as inept franchise as the Bears for forever... I'd fade almost every Browns opinion on pretty much everything, assuming your goal is to be relevant in the NFL.

Drafting Trubisky is the mistake here. Pace is the one who made that mistake. His opinion is the one that mattered.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nothingburger, Pace got hit with a smokescreen and ripped his dick off in front of everyone.

What I think some aren't realizing is even if it's true that the Browns wanted Trubisky, why would you want to copy the Browns? They've been an almost as inept franchise as the Bears for forever... I'd fade almost every Browns opinion on pretty much everything, assuming your goal is to be relevant in the NFL.

Drafting Trubisky is the mistake here. Pace is the one who made that mistake. His opinion is the one that mattered.

What was the smokescreen? He knew the Browns wanted him and they traded up to get their guy. In hindsight, Mahomes was the obvious choice.

The funny thing is Bort, me and a few others were advocating drafting Mahomes.
I had zero interest in Trubisky. Watson was my second choice.

However, I do not believe he sucks or is anywhere near his ceiling. I think suggesting he is what he’s going to be is extremely premature but everyone has a right to fly that flag.
I’m certainly not a Trubisky fan boy but I will give him the time to develop. He’s put enough on tape that shows he’s more than capable but he needs to be consistent.

The hate starting this season is just silly and it’s been amplified because Nagy was spanked by Pettine in the opener and Mitch was an easy target for the anger.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Again they didn't draft him and there was no trade up in the works.

I was at an OTA at Halas Hall. After practice, we had a Q&A session with a scout that was in the war room. Some idiot like you tried to put the guy on the spot about the trade up. They had Cleveland on the phone. Do you think they were trying to order a pizza?

He said there were other teams trying to get to 3 as well.

Trubisky was the wrong pick but that doesn’t change the fact you’re a fucking moron.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When you start your post with a lie, there is no point reading the rest.

Truly fuck off. I’m a club season ticket holder. We’re invited to OTAs almost every year. I’m invited to the combine every year. I realize you can’t afford a ticket to a game let alone the cost of a PSL so I can understand your ignorance about the kind of access we have available to us. I don’t lie. Would you like to bet $1,000.00 that I wasn’t there?
I’m happy to post some pictures from my last visit.

This is the program. Wow look, there are pictures of fans at OTAs in the collage. If you accept the bet, I’ll post some of mine.

https://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/sth-experiences

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Truly fuck off. I’m a club season ticket holder. We’re invited to OTAs almost every year. I’m invited to the combine every year. I realize you can’t afford a ticket to a game let alone the cost of a PSL so I can understand your ignorance about the kind of access we have available to us. I don’t lie. Would you like to bet $1,000.00 that I wasn’t there?
I’m happy to post some pictures from my last visit.

This is the program. Wow look, there are pictures of fans at OTAs in the collage. If you accept the bet, I’ll post some of mine.

https://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/sth-experiences
LOL. It's like when meatballs call in to the radio station and start with "i was at the game and ..." as if it gives them better insight. I'm not interested in getting into a dick measuring contest with an anonymous person on who makes more money. I have no idea who you are but judging by your post you are probably poor.

The fact of the matter is no one was trading up for trubisky and pace panicked and made a bad trade. On top of that he passed up on 1 future qb and another very good qb. The fact you keep defending this idiot shows how much of a meatball you are.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
LOL. It's like when meatballs call in to the radio station and start with "i was at the game and ..." as if it gives them better insight. I'm not interested in getting into a dick measuring contest with an anonymous person on who makes more money. I have no idea who you are but judging by your post you are probably poor.

The fact of the matter is no one was trading up for trubisky and pace panicked and made a bad trade. On top of that he passed up on 1 future qb and another very good qb. The fact you keep defending this idiot shows how much of a meatball you are.

I love when people use "the fact of the matter" and then follow it up with their opinion, not a fact.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I think hearing something directly from someone that was in the war room is pretty decent insight. Pace built this whole team by the way which includes the best defense in football.

Yes you’re right too, I cobbled together my last 10k to buy my PSL. I spend the rest of the week sleeping under my seats.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think hearing something directly from someone that was in the war room is pretty decent insight. Pace built this whole team by the way which includes the best defense in football.

Yes you’re right too, I cobbled together my last 10k to buy my PSL. I spend the rest of the week sleeping under my seats.
You weren't in the war room.