How do you cope...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nobody is sick of hearing about Mahomes. What people are sicking of hearing is the hindsight bullshit. Not one goddamn person in this world knew what ANY of these QB's were gonna be like in early 2017. And seriously, if you constantly cry that we should have taken Mahomes, your life is very pathetic and you should realize there is a HELLUVA lot more to life than football. If not drafting Mahomes pisses you off of makes you depressed, I'd suggest getting your life in order.
Thanks for the speech dork.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back in 2015, it was rumored that Pace wanted Mariota and was willing to trade up, but couldn't. Mariota and Mitch do not inspire faith in Pace to get the QB situation right.
Buuuuut Mariota isnt even a white guy...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes may be helped by mismatches all over the field, but he recognizes those mismatches early on and throws the ball on time to the open receiver. I'm sure Trubs has those mismatches in his offense as well but maybe he just doesn't see them early enough.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching Mahomes is almost sickening. He makes quarterbacking look so easy that he should be flagged for taunting on some of his throws...

3yuNGj.gif

FTE6Kr.gif

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You're not wrong and I get you, but aren't we allowed to hold Pace accountable since picking the right guy was his job and he failed at it? It's one thing that no one here on CCS knew; it's another thing to say no other GM knew or COULD have known.

Yes, he did pick the wrong guy. But better GM's than Pace have picked the wrong guy also. It happens. I think dwelling on it is silly.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Back to the OP’s question. Mindfulness and a balanced life. I do yoga, stretch daily, eat clean, and limit my social media to CCS. Also salve my inflamed joints with CBD oil. Not shill for any brands, just advocate. If I were an NFL player I would violate their drug policy. Sad.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
no they weren't. The Browns also needed a QB and passed on both Mahomes and Watson. They passed on Watson twice. Niners, Titans, Jets also needed a QB.

The Bears had a chance to get one of those two and they missed. Shit happens. What am I supposed to do? cry about it? does that ignore all the good players Pace has brought in? I'm just going to do the best I can do and cheer for the players on the team. You have the right to bitch and moan about the QB, that's perfectly fine. Just as I can just cheer for the players on the Bears
The browns had no interesting in drafting a qb in the first. The had the 1st overall pick and went with a DE.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The browns had no interesting in drafting a qb in the first. The had the 1st overall pick and went with a DE.
The Browns had 2 firsts. They traded out of the pick that Houston used to draft Watson. If they didn't want a QB, they wouldn't have drafted one in the draft. Knowing what they know now, if they had to redraft, you think they still take Garrett #1?

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The Browns had 2 firsts. They traded out of the pick that Houston used to draft Watson. If they didn't want a QB, they wouldn't have drafted one in the draft. Knowing what they know now, if they had to redraft, you think they still take Garrett #1?
Probably not but they werent in a market for a qb at 1. The bears were with their first pick and choose the wrong guy.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
And I could argue that Watson is right now, in a worse situation than Trubisky when you consider Houston's O-line can't protect him (most hit QB in the NFL) and Bill O'Brien is probably the most overrated coach in the NFL. With Watson, the Bears are Superbowl favourites in the NFC without question.

I was a Trubisky truther from the draft but I am done with him. He is too inaccurate and too slow with his decision making to be an upper echelon QB in the NFL and I don't think you win a Superbowl with him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Please stop posting your opinion as fact. Mary Kay Cabot is basically an insider with the Browns and their interest was real. It was a big story before the draft. Haslam coveted Trubisky.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ll-potential-no-1-pick-in-nfl-draft-by-browns

And...

“The team is both pondering a trade-up for the former Cleveland-area high school quarterback and selecting him at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Cabot adds that the pro-Garrett vibes coming out of Sashi Brown‘s Wednesday press conference do not mean the team is going to take the defensive end, noting the Browns are “strongly considering” bypassing the Texas A&M sack artist and selecting Trubisky.
Cleveland’s line of thinking here is believed to be that the pro-Trubisky contingent within the Browns’ decision-making structure is uncertain he will be there at No. 12 and isn’t sure the team will be able to swing a trade back into the top 10 to select him. Sources informed Cabot the team is ready to select its quarterback of the future.”

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/latest-on-browns-mitch-trubisky-interest

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
... with watching Mahomes and Watson just be excellent week in week out? As a Bears fan, it's so disheartening watching these 2 perform at such an elite level, knowing that the Bears could have had either of these guys and just picked wrong. Chiefs are 3-0, Texans are 2-1, and both teams are collecting wins BECAUSE of how good those 2 have been/are playing, not in spite of how they are playing..

It doesn't end there either...

Lamaar Jackson has looked much improved
Danny Dimes just had an impressive rookie outing
Kyle Allen just put on a clinic for the Panthers
Even 6th round rookie Gardner Minshew has looked better than what we've seen in Chicago

This isn't a "trash Trubs" thread, and I know the offensive woes extend beyond just Trubs (Ahem, Kyle shitdick Long). But man.... this shit sucks.
I don't stress about the things i can't control. I just hope for wins and a SB

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching Mahomes is almost sickening. He makes quarterbacking look so easy that he should be flagged for taunting on some of his throws...

3yuNGj.gif

FTE6Kr.gif
Just seems sooo easy for him. Flick of the wrist and it's a perfectly placed dime..