• Worse than last season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-9 season

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

bear4life21

ChiCitySports Newb
Liked Posts:
I picked Division game exit. record prediction of 10-7. the back half of our schedule is brutal.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to say this every year because a lot of guys have us winning "on paper" games and making "on paper" playoff appearances...

...but everything has to go right in order for the Bears to make a playoff appearance.

Caleb Williams would have to look like a starter after about 5 effing games. "Showing flashes" doesn't get playoff appearances.

We'd have to be extremely lucky with injuries. Our depth chart is still not good.

You've got a new OC, rookie QB, rookie WR, and a new vet WR who's 32 yrs old - what are the chances they aren't "3-and-out" a lot?...especially early on.

Can they beat a bad team like Tennessee in the opener? Can they beat bubble playoff teams from last year like the Colts and Jaguars in the first 6 games?

Seems to me, winning 3 out of the first 6 games would bolster the perception of a young playoff team.

The scheduling worked out perfectly for CW - no divisional games until after the bye. What a gift by the league. Seems to be by design.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The oline and dline will expose them

msadows

Liked Posts:
I am worried about the defense being bad because of the dline. That back 7 seems like they can be dominant but wont mean shit if demarcus walker is your starting edge

Fingers crossed for a vet june 1st cut

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
OL actually has some depth now. I'm not worried about it. Wont be amazing, but maybe the NFL will allow the bears to hold on every play like the packers, or false start without a penalty every play like the chiefs tackle.
The oline lacks solid players and their best player is prone to injury...

There is a razor thin margin on the oline and any attrition will cause problems. I think the oline is better than last year, but that isn't saying much.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The oline lacks solid players and their best player is prone to injury...

There is a razor thin margin on the oline and any attrition will cause problems. I think the oline is better than last year, but that isn't saying much.

I'd consider Braxton, Tev, Davis, and Wright all average or above average at their position. Isn't that the actual definition of solid? lol

They have a lot of depth now too, unlike last year. It all comes down to bates and center, if he plays well then the OL should be more than fine. If he sucks it will be a long long year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Plus the backswing swing tackle from Hinsdale said he wont let caleb get touched. Why would he lie?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd consider Braxton, Tev, Davis, and Wright all average or above average at their position. Isn't that the actual definition of solid? lol

They have a lot of depth now too, unlike last year. It all comes down to bates and center, if he plays well then the OL should be more than fine. If he sucks it will be a long long year
Until they actually perform on the field I can't say this is a good oline....

They had let downs in big games and big situations....for me it goes beyond just stats

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
The DL is concerning.. they lost the main DT and only drafted a project DE..

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If that is your definition of life.. go ahead.. at least I am not looking to comment on the poster than the actual post.. as I said try to have a life.. at least try..
U literally commented on me, Diaper. I commented on your post, stating polls have a public option and encouraged that you use it.

I think you are getting it twisted, Diaper.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think they go 9-8 and likely make the expanded playoff round.