Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Worse than last season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-9 season

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

RandomGuy

Liked Posts:
I expect wild card playoffs and tough match up so loss against more experienced team in the 1st round. My guess on what will happen.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does Vegas have to say:

North
Lions 10.5 wins x
Packers 9.5 wins y
Bears 8.5 wins ?
Vikings 7.5

West
San Fran 11.5 x
Rams 8.5 ?
Seahawks 7.5
Cardinals 6.5

South
Falcons 9.5 x
Saints 7.5
Bucs 7.5
Panthers 5.5

East
Cowboys 10.5 x
Eagles 10.5 y
Wash 6.5
Giants 6.5

x= Division winner
y= clinched wild card
? = in contention for last WC spot

WC very much in play for Bears.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have to say this every year because a lot of guys have us winning "on paper" games and making "on paper" playoff appearances...

...but everything has to go right in order for the Bears to make a playoff appearance.

Caleb Williams would have to look like a starter after about 5 effing games. "Showing flashes" doesn't get playoff appearances.

We'd have to be extremely lucky with injuries. Our depth chart is still not good.

You've got a new OC, rookie QB, rookie WR, and a new vet WR who's 32 yrs old - what are the chances they aren't "3-and-out" a lot?...especially early on.

Can they beat a bad team like Tennessee in the opener? Can they beat bubble playoff teams from last year like the Colts and Jaguars in the first 6 games?

Seems to me, winning 3 out of the first 6 games would bolster the perception of a young playoff team.

The scheduling worked out perfectly for CW - no divisional games until after the bye. What a gift by the league. Seems to be by design.
which is it?? is the beginning half of the schedule easy or not? you state the league gave the bears a "gift" with their scheduling, yet you also go on to say winning 3 out of the first 6 would be an accomplishment. so which is it? is the start to the schedule easy or not? i hardly call 3-3 a "gift" from the scheduling of the league.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'd consider Braxton, Tev, Davis, and Wright all average or above average at their position. Isn't that the actual definition of solid? lol

They have a lot of depth now too, unlike last year. It all comes down to bates and center, if he plays well then the OL should be more than fine. If he sucks it will be a long long year
And it's not about their individual talent at each position, it's all about how they play as a unit.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
The DL is concerning.. they lost the main DT and only drafted a project DE..
He was the main DT last season, he wasn't going to be this season. AFSK and Pickens will be better than Jones this season. If Jones is a team's main DT, that team is in trouble. I would be concerned if Jones was still on the team.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'm one of the nuthuggers...lol....who voted SB Winners.......my gut is telling me that I'm hungry.......no wait, wait......that something else......that Da Bears season will be equivalent to the '69 Miracle Mets. Now I need a sandwich. Later.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't read every thread/post in here but I haven't seen anyone in love with the schedule. I think it's set up for the Bears to potentially exceed expectations.

Barring injuries, CW gets time to get plenty comfortable in the system and for the team to gel around him before the most meaningful games begin. The Bears could really be hitting their stride by week 11 and actually be playing for something late in the season for a change.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Since they have the 🐐 at QB, anything short of a SB victory is a complete disappointment.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
With the schedule that we have, it’ll be a disappointment to miss the playoffs. Realistically, I think they can make the nfc championship game, like the lions did last year. I don’t see them getting past the 9ers though. Other teams I’d be worried about seeing in the playoffs include the packers and the eagles.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll go out on a very long limb and say further than last year. I'm pretty stoked about the team.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd consider Braxton, Tev, Davis, and Wright all average or above average at their position. Isn't that the actual definition of solid? lol

They have a lot of depth now too, unlike last year. It all comes down to bates and center, if he plays well then the OL should be more than fine. If he sucks it will be a long long year
Tev is injury prone and Davis sucks, Braxton is ho hum, so that does not scream solid

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I went with divisonal playoff game...because that seems trending right now

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the main DT last season, he wasn't going to be this season. AFSK and Pickens will be better than Jones this season. If Jones is a team's main DT, that team is in trouble. I would be concerned if Jones was still on the team.
that's a big ask for a player that amounted to shit last year