Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Our team is fairly comparable to Minnesota. Rookie QB, really good receiving options, an OL with a few question marks and a patchwork DL.

Thankfully, we have LBs and DBs in spades, which I think puts us at 3rd in the division until this team shows it can dunk on GB and Detroit. Last year, this team could have swept Detroit and yet they bottomed out. With a rookie QB, it is hard to imagine how the season will turn out, and this division is really sneaky about how tough it is.

With rookie QBs, I think you have to expect them to struggle until they "figure it out." If Chicago ends up with 8 wins I will be ecstatic. If they get to 10, they could still miss the playoffs but give a lot of hope for the upcoming year. Unfortunately, it is more likely that we win 5 games by primarily beating up on QBs with one year or less starting experience at the NFL level.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
So funny. Didn't even bring you up. Hey I'm stoked about Williams. Sorry Fields got traded. We should heal together with Williams sorry Fields sucked bud. Williams> Fields you twat. Go be a Steelers fan you stupid cunt

Wow you're big mad.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does Vegas have to say:

North
Lions 10.5 wins x
Packers 9.5 wins y
Bears 8.5 wins ?
Vikings 7.5

West
San Fran 11.5 x
Rams 8.5 ?
Seahawks 7.5
Cardinals 6.5

South
Falcons 9.5 x
Saints 7.5
Bucs 7.5
Panthers 5.5

East
Cowboys 10.5 x
Eagles 10.5 y
Wash 6.5
Giants 6.5

x= Division winner
y= clinched wild card
? = in contention for last WC spot

WC very much in play for Bears.
yeah, should be a fight between the bears and bucs for that final WC spot

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Our team is fairly comparable to Minnesota. Rookie QB, really good receiving options, an OL with a few question marks and a patchwork DL.

Thankfully, we have LBs and DBs in spades, which I think puts us at 3rd in the division until this team shows it can dunk on GB and Detroit. Last year, this team could have swept Detroit and yet they bottomed out. With a rookie QB, it is hard to imagine how the season will turn out, and this division is really sneaky about how tough it is.

With rookie QBs, I think you have to expect them to struggle until they "figure it out." If Chicago ends up with 8 wins I will be ecstatic. If they get to 10, they could still miss the playoffs but give a lot of hope for the upcoming year. Unfortunately, it is more likely that we win 5 games by primarily beating up on QBs with one year or less starting experience at the NFL level.
8 wins would be a massive dissapointment. After winning 7 last year they better make the jump to double digits.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
8 wins would be a massive dissapointment. After winning 7 last year they better make the jump to double digits.
Nah, we have a rookie QB. I don't set high expectations there, and I am looking more for traits than stats and wins in Caleb's rookie year. He's going to have stuff to figure out this year that just wasn't part of college ball.

One of those things is how to handle getting hit by grown men with years of NFL experience.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Nah, we have a rookie QB. I don't set high expectations there, and I am looking more for traits than stats and wins in Caleb's rookie year. He's going to have stuff to figure out this year that just wasn't part of college ball.

One of those things is how to handle getting hit by grown men with years of NFL experience.

4th quarter closers. Must have fieldgoal / touchdown to win it. Can Caleb make it happen? Justin sure as hell couldn't

Bust

Liked Posts:

Justin Fields during Bears' 14-game losing streak​

1ST 3 QUARTERS4TH QUARTER
Comp pct67%57%
Yards per attempt7.35.6
Pass + Rush TD206
Turnovers49
Passer rating107.856.8

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
4th quarter closers. Must have fieldgoal / touchdown to win it. Can Caleb make it happen? Justin sure as hell couldn't

Well, maybe, but I don't want to put it on a rookie to succeed at the highest level out of the gate. The offense is going to be faster than he has ever dealt with. He is playing better defenders than he has ever faced, and by grace we actually have a squad of WRs that are prepared to make it as easy as possible on Caleb. We have to be prepared for him to throw away some wins, too, or hold onto the ball in the fourth quarter and allow for a strip-sack to end it. I still think that our best comparison for progress will be the Vikings. They had the same record, a comparable points-for and against, and each are fielding some of the best WR talents in the league to go with a rookie QB.

Vikings have a week 6 bye, so look for McCarthy to have an honest shot at starting in Week 7. They will have just gotten hit hard in London against the Jets (I am emotionally prepared for Aaron Rodgers to have a big season to retire upon), and will try to get a spark for the team against the Lions with an extra week to plan and practice. So 12 games of McCarthy vs 17 games of Caleb (ideally) should give us a decent pool of games to see which team is more prepared to challenge for the division in 2025.

EDIT - just from looking at points for-and points-against in 2023, Chicago scored 23 points fewer than GB and allowed 29 more points. I am not sure the defense got 29 points better, but thankfully we get to watch a lot of games against young QBs that will be more likely to make a mistake from inexperience. I have hope that our offense will improve by 23 points.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see a winning record, so even with a rookie QB, I think 9-8 is a very reachable goal. That's what I'm predicting. If nobody get injured, I think we could win as many as 11. But I'm not expecting us to win the division or make the playoffs (WC) I just want to see this team look better, and do the things we didn't do with Fields—close in the 4th, win the close games, not turn it over (in the 4th or red zone), etc. And I think that's all very possible.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Rams are a definate WC team
Then which of the following do you not see as definite?

Packers/Lions (assuming one wins the division, the other a WC)
Rams
Eagles

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then which of the following do you not see as definite?

Packers/Lions (assuming one wins the division, the other a WC)
Rams
Eagles
actually I see the Cowboys as touchy