How good is Anthony Rizzo?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we cherry-picking what "experience" is here? :lol:

Obviously even MLB players are a work in progress and they will always, at some point, need instruction from those with more experience than they do. Skills, knowledge, etc. all come from greater experience. You could probably learn how to do simple chemistry from a book but if you don't have the right application of knowledge you're going to blow up your house. With baseball, if you don't have the experienced scouts and coaches, you're going to pick the wrong players more often than not and worse yet, screw up their development. I don't think anyone wants that, but then again I'm probably not as knowledgeable as you :lol:

That's just not true though. Just because you are more experienced, it doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable. Furthermore, you don't have that if you do not have experienced scouts and coaches that it will screw up development. Dusty Baker is experienced at managing an MLB team. He still screws up young players development. If he has become so knowledgeable with his experience, why does it continue to happen?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's just not true though. Just because you are more experienced, it doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable. Furthermore, you don't have that if you do not have experienced scouts and coaches that it will screw up development. Dusty Baker is experienced at managing an MLB team. He still screws up young players development. If he has become so knowledgeable with his experience, why does it continue to happen?

just stop talking.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
just stop talking.

I liked how he cherry-picked a bad example and also suggests that experience should lead to perfection when not even the most experienced of people can avoid mistakes all the time :lol:

I don't think he should stop posting though...this is fun.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just impressed about how much negative feedback is used now. Seemed like it was hardly given, but now adays quite a few people are infamous.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just impressed about how much negative feedback is used now. Seemed like it was hardly given, but now adays quite a few people are infamous.

whatta mean

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
whatta mean

Seen a few people with red reputation and that was really rare here. Seems like people are more willing to dislike rep then in the past here.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seen a few people with red reputation and that was really rare here. Seems like people are more willing to dislike rep then in the past here.

people are negative repn ya? for what? just because someone disagrees with another people shouldnt dislike rep. il start watching it more and if its uncalled for there will be punishment for the babies

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
people are negative repn ya? for what? just because someone disagrees with another people shouldnt dislike rep. il start watching it more and if its uncalled for there will be punishment for the babies

Not myself per se, the only two times I can think I got dislike repped was Brett in the redraft discussion thread and Rory Sparrow in the Jim Hendry thread, but was talking about CO being infamous. I personally don't care if people are dislike repping, but I just noticed that change.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not myself per se, the only two times I can think I got dislike repped was Brett in the redraft discussion thread and Rory Sparrow in the Jim Hendry thread, but was talking about CO being infamous. I personally don't care if people are dislike repping, but I just noticed that change.

:hi5: ME TOO!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think I did once or twice. Not sure what his problem has been.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think I did once or twice. Not sure what his problem has been.

He wants a pony. You didn't give him one. Sounds a lot like Rice's version of Ryan Dempster.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've played and I umpire. I know the rules of the game a lot better than you do, I guarantee you that.
But wait.

Experience doesn't equal knowledge.

What does you having played and umpired have to do with anything?
Please show me a better OFFENSIVE catcher in THAT YEAR.
I showed you three other possible guys. Perhaps more.
I made an uneducated opinion on Soriano

If you play extensively then you also know the fundamentals of the game fairly well and you also can better anticipate what your teammates and opponents would do in a given situation. By extension, you can anticipate what players you coach/observe will likely do in similar situations. In short, having more experience is never a bad thing, unless your teachers and coaches were Captain Obvious and/or Rami.

Fixed

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am absolutely serious. How does playing experience = knowledge?

Joe Torre, Mike Matheny, Joe Girardi, Robin Ventura, Lou Pinella, Ozzie Guillen, Kenny Williams, Billy Beane, Mike Scioscia, Dusty Baker, and many more all played pro ball before they became successful managers or general managers

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
this whole conversation is stupid....i feel like CO is trying to be skip bayless

And with every other "discussion" he tries to have, he is proven wrong again.