Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're still not over the Jenkins thing?

Wow. Move on, bud. - I have.
Can't wait until he and Borom become long term bookends. :) I know it's dire for them because no one ever gets injured playing football but just trying to be helpful. I figured you could just take a quick look since your head's up there as well.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The team doctors give their opinion on how long each will be out but it's up to Nagy how long it'll actually be because everything goes through Nagy and he has final say.

Pretty neat right?

Well nobody would expect Jenkins to come back early from back surgery ?

Considering the lack of training and total lack of doing anything after back surgery I'm guessing he's not going to be back this year unless maybe late December to see how he's doing and give him a taste of the NFL.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait until he and Borom become long term bookends. :) I know it's dire for them because no one ever get injured playing football but just trying to be helpful. I figured you could just take a quick look since your head's up there as well.
I hope they come back too.

Congrats if they do, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count on Jenkins being back. At one point Pace said the back injury was so bad it caused issues with his leg - this is what prompted the surgery.

Pace said the surgery went well and they believe the issue is fixed....but they've lied so much....so?

That's not "so bad" but it gives an idea of where it was. If it was lower back he had at least a month or two on tight restrictions. I bet he couldn't even do leg work outside of walks for 2 months. It's suspected he had diskectomy so no stabilization implant.
Little camp training, no muscle work, probably not this year in any meaningful capacity. Although Long did come back from his neck faster than I thought he would.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did they lie or did it actually take time to get a definitive diagnosis?

I love how Bears fans think this is an episode of House where by the end of the hour the diagnosis is confirmed.
If i were @remydat, i would say

If this was an episode of House, Dr House wouldn't take the case because its simple orthopedics and not a one in a million rare disease case that could take weeks to confirm a diagnosis.

But i am not him, so i wont say that.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Any other guess on Borom other than amputation? Or Bye week (ouch, 5 more weeks).

I would think you tape an ankle sprain up to cast level and he's playing like club footed Orton for a while. Orton didn't lose any mobility from playing with a cast, he may have even gained some.

But I'm old and remember when that was how the NFL worked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If this was an episode of House, Dr House wouldn't take the case because its simple orthopedics and not a one in a million rare disease case that could take weeks to confirm a diagnosis.

Except it is not simple orthopedics if it took a few weeks to diagnose.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nagy was asked today about Borom and just said he likes how he is progressing. That’s pretty vague so I’d think he is still a few weeks away. I’d look to have both of them practicing after the bye week. That’s just a guess.
Oh shit!

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The leg issues are almost certainly sciatica. It's just pain from the pinched nerve at the vertebrae radiating down the nerve into the buttock, leg and groin. Once the area of impingement is dealt with the radiated pain issues clear right up.
I got that one night on a Thanksgiving, without healthcare, it didn't stop hurting until about Labor Day the following year. Had issues sitting for more than 15 mins. It was hell to drive to work.

I'm a huge movie guy too, so I had to stay away from the theater that whole time. I snuck out to see the Friday The 13th remake, cause I'm a huge Jason nut....most pain I've ever been in my entire life. Had to get up and stand along the wall multiple times.

It only never hurt when I was standing, so I worked every second I could at my, at the time, two jobs.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Good thing that you wouldn't say that because you would be wrong.

Dr. House did treat Jenkins for his mysterious back "tightness".

Here is the video.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes that is quite possible but wild speculation at this point.
I think they already have the strikes against them to prove it so. Drafting him in the first place when other teams passed on him because of the injury risk and then having him pull a cart up a hill while dealing with the injury. Normal shit people do when dealing with back injuries.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Any other guess on Borom other than amputation? Or Bye week (ouch, 5 more weeks).

I would think you tape an ankle sprain up to cast level and he's playing like club footed Orton for a while. Orton didn't lose any mobility from playing with a cast, he may have even gained some.

But I'm old and remember when that was how the NFL worked.
Do you think that's a realistic solution to playing with a high ankle sprain?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<snip> Although Long did come back from his neck faster than I thought he would.
..and probably faster than he should have based on his decline.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
My question is if it's the latter, why did the definitive diagnosis take so long? The NFL Draft was at the end of April; surely they had him in for minicamps and physicals before mid-August (when they mentioned the surgery). Why couldn't the surgery have been sooner? Honestly I'm not sure which is worse: Not knowing or not telling the truth. Even if the argument is, "They knew, they just didn't want to tell the public and media", it still seems like for the good of the team they should have nipped this shit in the bud as soon as they even thought it was a problem.

And if the answer is, "Well they wanted to see if it was going to heal on it's own", then my rebuttal is, "He sat out all of 2020. If it hasn't healed in a year of not playing, then that's a hint and a half that it's not going to get better on it's own."

I want to be clear I am not angry at Jenkins (or Borom). I'm angry at the Bears medical staff.
Bro the guy did a combine for fucks sakes and had a top 20 performance from any OT the past 20+ years. he did play most of 2020 where are you getting your info from ...