Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You might want to start learning the name Teddy Bridgewater.......
You could get him relatively cheap.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No no Ryan. Watch a lot of Falcons because of where I live. No thanks. He has had the luxury of solid weapons, which is fine. Mahomes does also. But Ryan chokes all the damn time.

Stafford is a much better QB, but some didn’t want him. Well Ryan takes the padding the stats game to a whole new level.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Depends on the price, but even at 36-37 he would be the best Bears QB of the modern era. But the Dead money for ATL makes me think this is a non-starter: it would cost them an extra $3M of cap space to trade Ryan before 2021 season.

His contract isn't terrible if traded for 2021 and there would be very little dead money after 1 season for the team that got him:

2021: $25M
2022: $25.75M
2023: $30M

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No no Ryan. Watch a lot of Falcons because of where I live. No thanks. He has had the luxury of solid weapons, which is fine. Mahomes does also. But Ryan chokes all the damn time.

Stafford is a much better QB, but some didn’t want him. Well Ryan takes the padding the stats game to a whole new level.
Stafford is better than Ryan? How many SB appearances and MVPs does Stafford have again? Does he have 10 4000 yard seasons in a row? FOH.

Stafford is younger that's about it.

I live in Atlanta fwiw.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Smoke & mirrors

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Stafford is better than Ryan? How many SB appearances and MVPs does Stafford have again? Does he have 10 4000 yard seasons in a row? FOH.

Stafford is younger that's about it.

I live in Atlanta fwiw.
I live in ATL too. Stafford never had near the weapons or the level of coaches/coordinators Ryan did. Ryan would’ve looked like the average QB he’s always been if he’s been on those DET teams. Stafford is no HOF-don’t get me wrong. But he’s sure as shit better than Matt Ryan.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in ATL too. Stafford never had near the weapons or the level of coaches/coordinators Ryan did. Ryan would’ve looked like the average QB he’s always been if he’s been on those DET teams. Stafford is no HOF-don’t get me wrong. But he’s sure as shit better than Matt Ryan.
Calvin Johnson?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Calvin Johnson?
Julio Jones? Ridley? Of course Stafford had Johnson, but that whole roster and coaching hierarchy has been a shit show for decades. Both have had superstars (Ryan more so), but It takes a whole team and good coaching, play-calling. Ryan has had that on the offensive side of the ball his whole career. Stafford hasn’t.

Ryan needs dominant weapons and good protection to put up numbers. Stafford didn’t. Watching them play it is clear to me who’s the better QB. Just my honest opinion.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Julio Jones? Ridley? Of course Stafford had Johnson, but that whole roster and coaching hierarchy has been a shit show for decades. Both have had superstars (Ryan more so), but It takes a whole team and good coaching, play-calling. Ryan has had that on the offensive side of the ball his whole career. Stafford hasn’t.

Ryan needs dominant weapons and good protection to put up numbers. Stafford didn’t. Watching them play it is clear to me who’s the better QB. Just my honest opinion.
The Falcons had an absolutely shit O line for many of those 4000yd seasons. Julio been injured since Ridley has been there. We will just have to agree to disagree.. Im not even a Ryan fan but in his prime hes was better IMO.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I wouldn't do it. Living in Georgia and see him play every Sunday I would pass. He is a mirror image of Foles maybe more durable , but that's about it. I'm sure Falcons would love to trade him because of huge cap hit.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't do it. Living in Georgia and see him play every Sunday I would pass. He is a mirror image of Foles maybe more durable , but that's about it. I'm sure Falcons would love to trade him because of huge cap hit.
Wow man. Matt Ryan is Foles now? JFC.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Wow man. Matt Ryan is Foles now? JFC.
Matt Ryan has had a really nice career. No doubt. Seems like a super nice guy too. But he’s getting up there in age. If he was on the Bears roster as currently constructed, I don’t think he would have much more success than Foles did. He’s not the answer. But hey, Stafford probably wasn’t either.

Sure would be nice if the Bears drafted a franchise QB more than once every 50 years.