How Matt Ryan would benefit the Bears

coolio

Liked Posts:
So, if the Falcons aren't going QB in the first and the Lions aren't going QB in the first, and the info is correct about the Dolphins sticking with Tua and the Broncos sticking with Drew Lock, suddenly it doesn't look so crazy to believe some of the big QB prospects will drop into the double digits, where the Bears could draft up for relatively little.
I don’t see panthers passing on a QB, they probably trade up

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you watch closer, it's that he's always playing from behind. No defense for support and/or field position. Small minds will always put the losses on the QB.
Not necessarily. In fact I know he's not the reason Atlanta has been bad. It actually started when they lost 9 starters on defense after the superbowl season.

In any given situation it feels like he's more careful than he should be, including sliding before reaching the first down marker.

I'm just saying they shouldn't give up too much to bring him to Chicago.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Good info. however......

A Matt Ryan trade at this point would benefit the falcons more than bears
-@coolio

How so?

The Bears QB right now is Nick Foles. That's bottom of the barrel and signals a punted season. Ryan is pretty comfortably an above average starter, although long gone are the MVP days.

Either way, I've been reading that the Falcons have no interest in trading him. Whether that's smoke or not, who knows?

First off I wanna say, you have a good take on many issues.

As for Ryan, he's 35 years old. At that age and what we'd have to give up for him, doesn't seem like a 'win-win'. I'd go with foles and draft a young developmental Qb. Yes, I agree... "it's smoke " .(y)

mecha

Liked Posts:
isn't Ryan at this stage in his career basically a slightly older Foles?

you already have Foles. you don't have to like him, he was intended to just be a backup anyway, but as of this moment is probably the starter. what matters is he's already on the team, you don't have to give up anything else for him.

I will never understand you people and all the trivial nonsense you obsess over.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How so?

The Bears QB right now is Nick Foles. That's bottom of the barrel and signals a punted season. Ryan is pretty comfortably an above average starter, although long gone are the MVP days.

Either way, I've been reading that the Falcons have no interest in trading him. Whether that's smoke or not, who knows?
Because I don't see Ryan as taking the bears over the too. While he is light-years better than foles he still needs greatness around him to succeed.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Matt Ryan should be a Colt. Great O-line, RBs, and WRs. Just need a QB.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

As for Ryan, he's 35 years old. At that age and what we'd have to give up for him, doesn't seem like a 'win-win'. I'd go with foles and draft a young developmental Qb. Yes, I agree... "it's smoke " .(y)

My concern with that is I don’t want any part of pace drafting a QB to be developed by the visornator. More importantly, it’s just not a realistic option because pace and Nagy don’t have the shelf life. They need to put their chips in and a rookie QB isn’t winning them a super bowl or likely even a playoff spot.

Personally, I’m hoping for Watson. I don’t care how many 1sts it takes, just get it done. If they strike out there, I think Carr is the next best option followed by Ryan. If they lose out on all those guys, next season is going to be painful.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Matt Ryan should be a Colt. Great O-line, RBs, and WRs. Just need a QB.
The Falcons need a quarterback as well.....why are the Falcons not interested in Ryan?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Falcons need a quarterback as well.....why are the Falcons not interested in Ryan?
They will draft one. Falcons are blowing it up, full rebuild. Why keep high-priced, older QB and WR if they are rebuilding

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They will draft one. Falcons are blowing it up, full rebuild. Why keep high-priced, older QB and WR if they are rebuilding
They will still have to pay him..... There's a good reason Ryan was never a realistic trade option ahead of the midseason deadline. The Falcons would get only limited cap relief ($1 million) now while eating more than $63 million in dead money. As that might suggest, the Falcons also are locked into Ryan in 2021. A trade in March would cost them more than $44 million in dead cap with an extra cap burden of more than $3 million. Designating such a move for after June 1 is also expensive, with $44 million in dead cap over two years to offset a cap savings of $23 million.
The Falcons could part ways with Ryan a little more reasonably ahead of the 2022 season, eating $26.525 million and saving more than $15 million. But a breakup gets a whole lot easier in 2023, when a straight-up release costs the Falcons only $8.6 million in dead cap with a significant $28 million savings.

Not sure about Julio

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They will still have to pay him..... There's a good reason Ryan was never a realistic trade option ahead of the midseason deadline. The Falcons would get only limited cap relief ($1 million) now while eating more than $63 million in dead money. As that might suggest, the Falcons also are locked into Ryan in 2021. A trade in March would cost them more than $44 million in dead cap with an extra cap burden of more than $3 million. Designating such a move for after June 1 is also expensive, with $44 million in dead cap over two years to offset a cap savings of $23 million.
The Falcons could part ways with Ryan a little more reasonably ahead of the 2022 season, eating $26.525 million and saving more than $15 million. But a breakup gets a whole lot easier in 2023, when a straight-up release costs the Falcons only $8.6 million in dead cap with a significant $28 million savings.

Not sure about Julio
So if Falcons can't rid of him after 2 years, why people think they are drafting a QB this year?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So if Falcons can't rid of him after 2 years, why people think they are drafting a QB this year?
You said they were not me. They can still draft a quarterback but he may have to sit like Brady and Rodgers did.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Foles was a bad example but like Foles,Ryan needs everything to be perfect around him to thrive. He has had multiple future hall of famers so far and failed harshly in the biggest game 9f his career

i drafted Ryan in fantasy this year, as I noticed last year, when Julio Jones is not in the game Ryan is a very ordinary dude...i would actually rather roll w/ a rookie but i'm not desperately trying to save my job.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i drafted Ryan in fantasy this year, as I noticed last year, when Julio Jones is not in the game Ryan is a very ordinary dude...i would actually rather roll w/ a rookie but i'm not desperately trying to save my job.
Surprised him passing to Ridley didn't help

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

My concern with that is I don’t want any part of pace drafting a QB to be developed by the visornator. More importantly, it’s just not a realistic option because pace and Nagy don’t have the shelf life. They need to put their chips in and a rookie QB isn’t winning them a super bowl or likely even a playoff spot.

Personally, I’m hoping for Watson. I don’t care how many 1sts it takes, just get it done. If they strike out there, I think Carr is the next best option followed by Ryan. If they lose out on all those guys, next season is going to be painful.

I don’t want any part of pace drafting a QB to be developed by the visornator.
? I never understood why some ppl wear those. But I digress. Yes on Watson. I'd investigate Carr more thoroughly.
I'd wanna know why Gruden is giving up on him. I know he's had some injuries. I'd expand the pool of Qb's we're looking at. One guy who's flying under the radar is Tyrod Taylor. He's smart and doesn't turn the ball over. We gotta find a Qb who doesn't turn the ball over in critical situations.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Old , non mobile QB behind bears OL who chokes under pressure and needs the run game to thrive? Perfect

Everyone suggesting Ryan knows this already they just dont want to admit it and by the time the season starts and they realize hes 36 yrs old and not the savior hes pushed as all offseason they are gonna be ready to burn it to the ground