How would you like your steaks cooked?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Salt and Pepper, Blue, Rare if they won't allow blue, Well Done if the steak is priced at $20 or less
I understand a lesser quality steak being cooked a lil more, but how do you go from blue on a quality steak to well done on a chit tier steak?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Medium rare with a large pat of roquefort butter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I understand a lesser quality steak being cooked a lil more, but how do you go from blue on a quality steak to well done on a chit tier steak?
I don't trust a cheap steak. I grew up well done and then was introduced to medium, medium rare, rare, blue and tar tar. Loved each of them all the more.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if brett was well done before, but he certainly is tar tar now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
U dont understand how foodborne illness works with beef.
I don't trust a cheap steak. I grew up well done and then was introduced to medium, medium rare, rare, blue and tar tar. Loved each of them all the more.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
U dont understand how foodborne illness works with beef.
I grew up eating well done chicken. Now, I have been introduced to Pittsburgh rare. Hard sear and nothing more. I have been losing a ton of weight this way. It’s goes right through me. Almost like the digestion process is working as an epic pace.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I grew up eating well done chicken. Now, I have been introduced to Pittsburgh rare. Hard sear and nothing more. I have been losing a ton of weight this way. It’s goes right through me. Almost like the digestion process is working as an epic pace.
Are you rubbing the chicken with essential oils prior to searing? I hear that helps as well. The oil blocks your body from absorbing the calories and cleanses you at the same time.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I thought this post was clever, so I had to report it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What don't you trust about it? Whether it's cheap or not, the bad bacteria on a steak is on the outside and would get killed off during the cooking process.

Tar Tar, even from good quality beef, is more likely to get you sick because it's raw.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ITT @brett05 tries hard, throws down "blue rare" to try and be asteak boss, fails hard not knowing chit about steakgerms,

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Medium rare, a ton of fresh cracked pepper, a little blackening and a little Lawry’s seasoning.

Cooked at 700 degrees, 1-2min per side depending on thickness. Flipped once.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sous Vide to 125 deg with just pepper, salt, sprig of thyme for 3 hrs. Hi temp cast iron with pepper and salt and a sprig of thyme, and some butter, 1 min on each side. Rest for 8 min or so. Perfect medium rare all the way to about the edge.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ok so I have to ask, what is the preferred cut of steak?

In order for me is:

Ribeye
Strip
Tbone/Porterhouse
Sirloin

If I am lighting up the smoker tho I love to go with tri tip. One of the most underrated cuts of beef in my opinion if you know how to cook and slice it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What don't you trust about it? Whether it's cheap or not, the bad bacteria on a steak is on the outside and would get killed off during the cooking process.

Tar Tar, even from good quality beef, is more likely to get you sick because it's raw.
It's about handling and food safety in addition to the quality of meat. So the higher the quality the more likely it's divine being cooked the least. Lesser quality, it needs more cooking for me.

As for the safety issues, I don't think anyone thinks the same careful attention is given to food from say Applebee's as it is from Emeril's Delmonico

I'd also note that I get my beef cooked more if the folks I'm dining with are a bit squimish. I try to always ask out of respect for them enjoying their meal.