Hub Arkush on the score right now: Fox was NOT Pace's hire.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Ernie Accorsi, Ted Phillips and George McCaskey could all fuck off. Their idiocy has wasted years of our fandom.

just fuck off guys

You're kooky, ikooky. But the shoopster agrees with ya' . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub arkush is on the score right now and corroborated the report that John Fox was not on Ryan Pace's list of head coach candidates when Fox was hired.

He said Fox was an Ernie Accorsi recommendation to George McCaskey and Ted Phillips, and then was brought to Ryan Pace, with a strong recommendation from ownership to hire him.

He also alluded to the problems that it caused, and as such Pace now has 100% control of football operations and will be making the head coach hire this time himself, without input from George or Ted, unless he solicits their opinions on a batch of final candidates, which hub suggested may be more of a final signing off on them from ownership once Pace has made a decision.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Why do the Pacemakers keep posting opinions and leaks of this nature as if it's vindicating news. Everybody with half a brain knows "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi hired John Fox.

Does that exempt Pace from any responsibility for the 33 losses since he got here? Of course not. But of the coaching fiasco, Pace is clean and ,King" George, "Sweaty" Teddy and honorary Bear Ernie Accorsi are dirty. The only question left is whether the latter will dirty themselves up again in the next hire.

We'll know if Pace takes the podium alone on Black Monday . . .

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is cute though seeing the anti Pace assholes getting all bitchy and launching personal attacks because their pipe dream of a pace firing is down the shitter, and their Narrative of pace wanting Fox getting blown out of the water has them shitting nails, lol.

Link me thses posts please that sounds hilarious!

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Why do the Pace,Akers keep posting opinions and leaks of this nature as if it's vindicating news. Everybody with half a brain knows "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi hired John Fox.

Does that exempt Pace from any responsibility for the 33 losses since he got here? Of course not. But of the coaching fiasco, Pace is clean and ,King" George, "Sweaty" Teddy and honorary Bear Ernie Accorsi are dirty. The only question left is whether the latter will dirty themselves up again in the next hire.

We'll know if Lace takes the podium alone on Black Monday . . .

So if a GM doesn't hire the coach but provides him with talent. And the coach screws up and loses a lot. Why is that Paces fault? He gave Fox 3 seasons under a full rebuild and is now firing him per sources.

Also if you've never been a GM and people are gun shy about it. Why would you say fuck you I am hiring who I want? Because that's a good way to not get your first hire. Now that he's been a GM he can start being more demanding. For all we know he could have said at the beginning of the season "ok you got your coach. He sucks I'm drafting a QB instead of what Fox wants. Not even gonna tell him because he's gone at the end of the season." It's ALL speculation. And he needed career-wise to establish himself somewhere. Firing Fox and it being leaked it wasn't his choice paints him green but his career is still established now. If his coach hire does well history washes some of the Fox stink off him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Pace has done exactly what was needed, he earned the respect of ownership by trying to make do with Fox.

Ownership will not only give him full reign over the football operations, but they will now likely give him more benefit of the doubt, if some of his moves do not work out.

The two things that must work out for Pace to be successful is that the new HC and Trubisky need to improve the team dramatically within the next two years.

Imagine if Pace had gone in pounding his fists against Fox.... He would have likely been forced to take Fox anyway, and he would likely be on his way out the door come Monday. Pace played it smart and it will likely result in an extension.

The only thing they might not completely turn over to Pace will be the FA selections. They might insist on getting him additional help to evaluate FAs, which might not be a bad idea.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if a GM doesn't hire the coach but provides him with talent. And the coach screws up and loses a lot. Why is that Paces fault? He gave Fox 3 seasons under a full rebuild and is now firing him per sources.

You're oversimplifying things, the way I'm sure Pace might want you to. The Bears are seriously devoid of talent at key positions, we all know this. There's no excuse for instance for the receiver situation in year 3 of a rebuild. It may be unreasonable to expect All-pros there, but how about something above a Peter Principle'd Special Teamer?

Fox is awful, seemingly everyone agrees. But did he really turn, say, a 9-and-7 team into a 5-and-11 one? Of course not. If you're going to suggest that Pace wasn't given the tools he needed to succeed (i.e. his own Head Coach) then you have to admit that Fox wasn't given the talent he needed to succeed either, especially if he was only going to be given three years.

I'm not going to defend John Fox as I've despised him from Day One. But this failed rebuild is a TEAM failure that Pace shares significant responsibility for. He'll probably survive here, but he needs to move quickly to avoid his own Black Monday presser in 2020. No more excuses . . .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Start with any you ever made.

Zero posts predicting PACE would be fired in my posting history, fake news as usual.

Thanks.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
You're oversimplifying things, the way I'm sure Pace might want you to. The Bears are seriously devoid of talent at key positions, we all know this. There's no excuse for instance for the receiver situation in year 3 of a rebuild. It may be unreasonable to expect All-pros there, but how about something above a Peter Principle'd Special Teamer?

Fox is awful, seemingly everyone agrees. But did he really turn, say, a 9-and-7 team into a 5-and-11 one? Of course not. If you're going to suggest that Pace wasn't given the tools he needed to succeed (i.e. his own Head Coach) then you have to admit that Fox wasn't given the talent he needed to succeed either, especially if he was only going to be given three years.

I'm not going to defend John Fox as I've despised him from Day One. But this failed rebuild is a TEAM failure that Pace shares significant responsibility for. He'll probably survive here, but he needs to move quickly to avoid his own Black Monday presser in 2020. No more excuses . . .

Well said. And ya you are spot on with the FA fiasco. WR & Glennon both God awful. But even with better talent I don't see the Bears being more than 7-9 with Loggains bad play designs. The sloppy to bad route running has to reflect on the WR coach. And all those fall under Fox. Still I am willing to call this a lesson learned with Pace. But he has to show he's learned and go hard at WR. And find a genuine talent at HC and not a retread.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If this is true why hire a gm you don’t trust hiring a coach? This is the guy making important draft pics and spending 100s of millions of your money but you don’t trust them hiring a coach? This is why this organization isn’t respected by its fan base

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So again, Pace was hired as GM with the agreement that he leave his balls at the door.

No wonder they chose him over Ballard.

That wasn't the agreement at all. Following castration, Pace's balls weren't left at the door but rather delivered to Ted Phillips, who played marbles with them with Ernie Accorsi while they picked the Bears' Head Coach . . .

billwade

Liked Posts:
So again, Pace was hired as GM with the agreement that he leave his balls at the door.

No wonder they chose him over Ballard.

That is exactly what happened. Reports were that Jerry Angelo, Ballard's former boss, advised him not to take the job without full control over football operations. Naturally, that was never going to happen, so in came Pace. More recent reports have indicated that Pace includes sweat ted and George in important decisions because they like to think of themselves as "football people."

So, I don't understand how this is all going to change and Pace has suddenly grown a pair, especially when he's presided over three failed seasons. If anything, you would think he's working from a position of extreme weakness.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Look back at history of the Bears and their GM’s. Jim Finks got to hire two coaches. When it was time for a third hire, Papa Bear hired Ditka.
When Angelo was hired, he was hired with the proviso that he keep Dick Jauron for at least a year. When Emory was hired he was required to keep on Lovie for a year.
Why should anyone be surprised that a coach was foisted on Pace? After the Trestman debacle you can bet they weren’t going to be looking for “out of the box” coaches.
They have a history of not letting one man have all the control right away. However, when they did trust Angelo, he did pretty well.
I think they trust Pace now, he’s been smart to bring ownership in on the Trubisky decision, makes them feel they are part of things, even if they aren’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That is exactly what happened. Reports were that Jerry Angelo, Ballard's former boss, advised him not to take the job without full control over football operations. Naturally, that was never going to happen, so in came Pace. More recent reports have indicated that Pace includes sweat ted and George in important decisions because they like to think of themselves as "football people."

So, I don't understand how this is all going to change and Pace has suddenly grown a pair, especially when he's presided over three failed seasons. If anything, you would think he's working from a position of extreme weakness.

My room-mate insists on referring to RYAN PACE as "cuck Pace" and will not stop it, kind of annoying and cause of irritation around the apartment but I honestly cannot blame him and what could really change that perception would be for PACE to actually develop a relationship with the fans through the media because it seems like he isn't allowed to do that either, and now I guess we know why because all these reports three years later finally coming out that pace didn't want anything to do with JOHN FOX but put up with the hire so he could get his dream job...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
My room-mate insists on referring to RYAN PACE as "cuck Pace" and will not stop it, kind of annoying and cause of irritation around the apartment but I honestly cannot blame him and what could really change that perception would be for PACE to actually develop a relationship with the fans through the media because it seems like he isn't allowed to do that either, and now I guess we know why because all these reports three years later finally coming out that pace didn't want anything to do with JOHN FOX but put up with the hire so he could get his dream job...
Roommate? After reading your posts "roommate" is an interesting euphemism to choose