Hub Arkush on the score right now: Fox was NOT Pace's hire.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Roommate? After reading your posts "roommate" is an interesting euphemism to choose

Aaron Rodgers had a roommate.

aaron-rodgers-kevin-lanflisi-300x256.png

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
George McCaskey has been a train wreck of a Chairman.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So again, Pace was hired as GM with the agreement that he leave his balls at the door.

No wonder they chose him over Ballard.

That wasn't the agreement at all. Following castration, Pace's balls weren't left at the door but rather delivered to Ted Phillips, who played marbles with them with Ernie Accorsi while they picked the Bears' Head Coach . . .

That is exactly what happened. Reports were that Jerry Angelo, Ballard's former boss, advised him not to take the job without full control over football operations. Naturally, that was never going to happen, so in came Pace. More recent reports have indicated that Pace includes sweat ted and George in important decisions because they like to think of themselves as "football people."

So, I don't understand how this is all going to change and Pace has suddenly grown a pair, especially when he's presided over three failed seasons. If anything, you would think he's working from a position of extreme weakness.
download.jpg

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Hey guys, what's three wasted years anyway? No big deal.

Oh, it's a huge deal...

3 more yrs that useless assfuck Phillips gets to hang around Halas Hall, kiss Virginia's ass at the country club and stick his ugly nose into football operations years after we were promised he was going to be relegated to back office work.

Am I hallucinating or wasn't that supposed to be the case?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, it's a huge deal...

3 more yrs that useless assfuck Phillips gets to hang around Halas Hall, kiss Virginia's ass at the country club and stick his ugly nose into football operations years after we were promised he was going to be relegated to back office work.

Am I hallucinating or wasn't that supposed to be the case?

You're hallucinating.

Any other questions? . . .

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I heard Hub this morning. Other things he stated:

The Bears and Giants are the best jobs.

Having Trubisky and a great locker room makes the Bears highly desirable.

Bear fans that need validation that it is a good job just aren’t knowledgeable. Doesn’t understand why this fan base needs validation from a national source.

He doesn’t feel the Bears are that far away from contending.

He thinks Fangio deserves an interview and a legitimate shot at the Bears’ coaching job. He said older guys like Zimmer and Arians should help illustrate why Fangio could be successful if given an opportunity.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don't even understand how anyone can debate that Accorsi and upper management didn't play a HUGE roll in the Fox hiring.

Fox has been considered by people on here to be one of the worst (actually the worst) Bears coaches of all time. Accorsi gets to working with the Giants and all of the sudden Fox is now being considered for the Giants HC position??? Even after his absolutely abysmal tenure with the Bears???? Seems as obvious as could be to me.

The thing is that Fox is clearly more than willing to be the head coach that falls on that sword. At this point in his life and career he's just racking up millions purely based on reputation and doesn't give a shit to be the rebuilding coach that gets shit on and axed after two/three years.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Fucking McCaskies and their cronies. Fucking the Bears for decades.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that Fangio will stay on as DC now that Foxy is leaving. I know, it's not likely and there are potentially better DC's out there but it would be good to have some continuity now that the D is starting to look respectable.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
You're hallucinating.

Any other questions? . . .

Dude, I CLEARLY REMEMBER them saying he wasn't going to play a role in anything having to do with football operations.

Are you honestly denying this?

Also, THROW THE GODDAMN BANK AT FANGIO AND GIVE HIM WHATEVER TITLE HE WANTS AND LOTS OF INPUT ON DRAFT DAY/THROUGH THE SCOUTING PROCESS TO HAVE HIM STAY.

Fangio is a defensive genius.

billwade

Liked Posts:
You're oversimplifying things, the way I'm sure Pace might want you to. The Bears are seriously devoid of talent at key positions, we all know this. There's no excuse for instance for the receiver situation in year 3 of a rebuild. It may be unreasonable to expect All-pros there, but how about something above a Peter Principle'd Special Teamer?

Fox is awful, seemingly everyone agrees. But did he really turn, say, a 9-and-7 team into a 5-and-11 one? Of course not. If you're going to suggest that Pace wasn't given the tools he needed to succeed (i.e. his own Head Coach) then you have to admit that Fox wasn't given the talent he needed to succeed either, especially if he was only going to be given three years.

I'm not going to defend John Fox as I've despised him from Day One. But this failed rebuild is a TEAM failure that Pace shares significant responsibility for. He'll probably survive here, but he needs to move quickly to avoid his own Black Monday presser in 2020. No more excuses . . .

No one wants to paint themselves in a corner by defending Fox, but what the shoopster says is true. The biggest factor that doomed the 2017 season was the idiotic signing of Mike Glennon. Pace knew Trubisky was green, so he was right to sign an interim QB. But there were better options available at half the price. The Glennon decision alone should be enough to get him fired. Very few coaches in the NFL could take a rookie QB without a single NFL-caliber receiver and succeed.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Hub this morning. Other things he stated:

The Bears and Giants are the best jobs.

So John Fox has his pick of the two best HC jobs in the NFL, thanks to "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi . . . You can't make this stuff up . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, I CLEARLY REMEMBER them saying he wasn't going to play a role in anything having to do with football operations.

Are you honestly denying this?

Also, THROW THE GODDAMN BANK AT FANGIO AND GIVE HIM WHATEVER TITLE HE WANTS AND LOTS OF INPUT ON DRAFT DAY/THROUGH THE SCOUTING PROCESS TO HAVE HIM STAY.

Fangio is a defensive genius.

Yes, dude, I am ... Please clarify. When did you see those words come out of either "King" George or "Sweaty" Teddy's mouth? . . .

. . . No "reports," leaks, twits twats or whatever they call them ... When did THE BEARS say this? . . .

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is on a 5 year contract. He has 3 drafts under his belt, has reworked the scouting team around him, and will have his choice of coach for 2 years. I don’t think he’s escaping accountability. He’s assuming control over time and will be accountable if the QB and coach don’t work out.

This seems like an appropriate plan of action with a young GM.

What would be disastrous for the organization is firing the GM too and starting the carousel again. The Bears have to show resolve here.

All this speculation about what did or didn’t happen re: the Fox hire is pointless. It is what it is. We’re 3 years down the road now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ryan Pace had to earn there trust to get full control of the GM space understandable but it makes sense why some GM candidates would turn down Chicago if they had other options.

More like upper management finally learned to not trust themselves.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also don't get why these macho geniuses don't see that you can't walk up to your superior and tell him to fuck off. Sure Pace is the GM and should be in charge of the coaching hire but if your boss is strongly leaning towards one guy you have a ton pressure to follow through with his wishes.

People acting like Pace should be 'strong willed' and tell his boss to go fuck off.... Go tell your boss/owner of the company to fuck off and report back how that works out for you.
That and just because he agreed, doesn't mean he would have gotten his guy if he didn't. Would have been interesting if he said 'no way'.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No crap. Imagine you're like 70+ with dimentia starting to creep or a cancer patient and the Bears go from Fox to Fisher...
I'd kill someone.

I didn't think anything could jeopardize my fandom... until now.