I am done with the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd ask why you are the biggest dickhead this board has ever seen, but you have serious competition.

If no one calls out the officiating it will just get worse. Pro wrestling was popular so they figure ytou morons will just accept whatever the refs do. THAT IS HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.

Do you get any AM radio from Utah coming in through that tinfoil helmet?

If so, are Living Colour still atop their rock charts?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Okay that guy isn't upset about the refs. Go get him tiger

I let all my anger go in the form of damaging all Wisconsin freight at work yesterday night.

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
The announcers did during the game, and I guess you haven't read much of the board today. LOTS of people bringing um the officiating.

Let me ask you, WHY ARE YOU NOT UPSET ABOUT IT GIVEN THAT THEY HANDED GREEN BAY 18 POINTS?
I think most Bear fans are stand up enough to say that the officiating was shit yesterday but won't agree that that's why the Bears lost, given the fact that AR has had so much success vs the Bears throughout his career. Bad calls extended drives for both teams, but 2 turnovers in a game with 2 wretched defenses means the Bears lost 2 possessions, and possessions in a game like that are critical. that's why Tres tried to steal one with the onsides.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears lost because the Packers are better at football than they are.

The refs are abysmal.

These statements are not mutually exclusive.

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
I was thinking about this during the Eagles/49ers game yesterday. I am so addicted to the NFL that I can't see myself not watching, but this shit is absolutely a watered down product these days. I am enough of a football fan to admit when bad calls are being made both ways. That call on Mundy was bullshit, there were a number of terrible calls and non calls against Chicago in the Monday nighter against SF. However, the call on Peppers yesterday for illegal use of hands was absurd. The refs flat out called the wrong number and side of the ball and lived with it. The personal foul when Cutler slid was also a crap call. You literally can't hit anyone hard or it's a penalty. It sucks period!
I do admit there were a lot of flags thrown, more than I've seen ever. Of course they have to draw the line somewhere and I've heard the 49er's are notorious for penalties and in that case they need to just stop whatever they're doing wrong. Then at the same time you have to figure when your running fast things are gonna happen and player will get hurt. With Dick Butkus at yesterday's Bears game I've seen old footage of him and don't think he did any wrong, though I've heard he tried to hurt players and while it's gonna happen as I said before if he did go out of his way to injure players that's wrong.

I think if a player is trying to touch a players helmet, grabbing the face mask, that's wrong, those helmets are worn for a reason and shouldn't try to mess with them risking they come off.

Of course that's not to say that they maybe overdoing it.

Probably the concussion issues and lawsuits from former players are perhaps causing any possible overdoing of these things.

What can I say?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

The refs are abysmal.

Not sure that's true. I can think of one, maybe 2 players I'd take over their Bears counterparts. Once again though, the Bears were outcoached.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure that's true. I can think of one, maybe 2 players I'd take over their Bears counterparts. Once again though, the Bears were outcoached.

Yeah but when one is the most important position on the field and it's a gulf of a difference, that offsets a lot of the other stuff.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who's saying they are?

Is that directed towards me? Are you getting sensitive and imagining that things are being aimed at you again?

It was aimed at Guitarman. The fact that the refs are idiots doesn't change the fact that GB is still the better team until shown otherwise.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was in the context of the larger argument. They sucked yesterday but did not 'cost us the game' any more than they won it for us vs the 49ers

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right. As bad as they were, they weren't the cause of the outcome. That's what I'm saying.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Speaking of aiming, try to keep your arguments free of ad hominem attacks, since I know you hate that

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why is Ole so grumpy today?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:

The refs are abysmal.

You are correct on both counts, however I'd rather let the Bears be abysmal without any help from the equally abysmal officiating..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Because i usually avoid this place during the week but have the day off and just spent $600 to get trolled by my favorite team?

If it makes you feel better, I lost every bet I put down on football this week.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It doesn't make me feel the least bit better but thanks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I tried bud. Sometimes others misfortune makes me feel better, but I'm a rotten person, so...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
refs were TERRIBLE. sure, there were calls against both teams, but calls (and non-calls) really hurt us more. i heard somebody say today 7-2, bad calls Bears-Packers. and the ones that were against us were BIG calls that were bad (no td before half, no call on jordy pushing off / stiff arm vs fuller for td, holding on fg by our def, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.