I can’t agrue with his craziness

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
#1 and #2 are still unknowns. At this point, you can't say Nagy is an upgrade over Fox because he has never been a head coach. Ever.

Fox was that bad. Anything is better than him. Regardless of experience.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Fox was that bad. Anything is better than him. Regardless of experience.

We really do not know that. There is no evidence to support that claim. Fox needed to go as the game appeared to pass him by, but Nagy could be the next Belichick or he could be the next Trestman. We just do not know at this point.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't get this crowd either, Trubs proved nothing??? He did a lot of good things last year in a very bad situation. No QB would have lit up the league with our team and staff last year but Trubs showed me why Pace wanted him so bad. He showed the skill set of what a modern QB should be. Athleticism, arm, legs, he made good reads and decisions, showed leadership. His teammates and coaches loved what they saw and so did I. Nothing is proven but he showed the traits all the top QBs have.

I agree, his individual play as a QB was fairly good for a rookie with NOTHING around him.

I think we all need to admit that Fox/Loggains were conservative for good reason, and did a lot of things right, except win.
- Did not put Trubisky in a bad position, but he learned how to operate under center
- Shaheen came to us with very little skills blocking, and he developed rather well last year
- Cohen was given a chance to make plays and got all of us excited, he could have been buried behind Benny.
- He Never lost the Locker room even with the poor year we had, and that is not an easy task.

I'm glad Fox is gone, but last year was a building year and Fox did not put his interest above the team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We really do not know that. There is no evidence to support that claim. Fox needed to go as the game appeared to pass him by, but Nagy could be the next Belichick or he could be the next Trestman. We just do not know at this point.

Already implied that Nagy is not a beta like Trestman. For all of Trestman's offensive brilliance, him trying to be a coach while cowering to his (many headcase) players killed the team. Nagy isn't letting that happen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, his individual play as a QB was fairly good for a rookie with NOTHING around him.

I think we all need to admit that Fox/Loggains were conservative for good reason, and did a lot of things right, except win.
- Did not put Trubisky in a bad position, but he learned how to operate under center
- Shaheen came to us with very little skills blocking, and he developed rather well last year
- Cohen was given a chance to make plays and got all of us excited, he could have been buried behind Benny.
- He Never lost the Locker room even with the poor year we had, and that is not an easy task.

I'm glad Fox is gone, but last year was a building year and Fox did not put his interest above the team.

Ya, I don't think they hurt Mitch in any way. The learning to walk before you run approach was not a hindrance to him. The way they game planned and managed in game beyond that is something else all together.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ya, I don't think they hurt Mitch in any way. The learning to walk before you run approach was not a hindrance to him. The way they game planned and managed in game beyond that is something else all together.

My biggest issue with how they treated Mitch was usually only throwing when the D knew it was coming.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, maybe my wording was a bit strong, but I meant he proved nothing to convince me that he can play on the same level as Rodgers, Stafford or Cousins, and be considered a "real" QB to lead us to a playoff spot.

LOL! Please tell me how many rookie QB's could play at Rodgers level.

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
I think you could make the argument that anything is better than Fox for another year. You could've fired him and not replaced him and I think the Bears wouldve been better off. Then there be no game time decisions instead of bad ones.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
LOL! Please tell me how many rookie QB's could play at Rodgers level.

I was not saying that he should play at his level. The OP's article said that one of the reasons the Bears should make the playoffs is because Trubisky is a REAL QB. My point was that Trubisky at QB is not a legit reason why we should make the playoffs, since the other 3 QBs in the NFL North are a much better reason why their teams should make the playoffs.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, maybe my wording was a bit strong, but I meant he proved nothing to convince me that he can play on the same level as Rodgers, Stafford or Cousins, and be considered a "real" QB to lead us to a playoff spot.

By using the words "Stafford" and "real QB" in the same sentence, you prove you know nothing about being a "real" QB...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always remember we had several posters predicting 9 or 10 wins last year predicated on our top ten defense. The disease of homerism always leads the afflicted to believe there will be no set backs, disappointments, key injuries, and of course...all our draft picks are future pro-bowlers.

People thought we had a good shot with Fox last year. There's a lot of 20/20 vision in this thread.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always remember we had several posters predicting 9 or 10 wins last year predicated on our top ten defense. The disease of homerism always leads the afflicted to believe there will be no set backs, disappointments, key injuries, and of course...all our draft picks are future pro-bowlers.

People thought we had a good shot with Fox last year. There's a lot of 20/20 vision in this thread.

Who was predicting 10 wins last year?

Sammich

Liked Posts:
By using the words "Stafford" and "real QB" in the same sentence, you prove you know nothing about being a "real" QB...

WTF?? You are saying that Stafford is NOT a real QB?? Obviously you are the one who knows nothing about being a "real" QB.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:

To be fair, what had Rodgers, Stafford or Cousins done in their first year to prove they should be considered a "real" QB to lead their team to a playoff spot? The only one who started as a rookie was Stafford and his stats make Trubisky's look All-Pro worthy by comparison. Rodgers and Cousins had 8 starts in their first three years COMBINED.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who was predicting 10 wins last year?

I don't recall anyone predicting 10wins. I'm sure some meatballs did but everyone seemed to know that it would be a long year

Sammich

Liked Posts:
To be fair, what had Rodgers, Stafford or Cousins done in their first year to prove they should be considered a "real" QB to lead their team to a playoff spot? The only one who started as a rookie was Stafford and his stats make Trubisky's look All-Pro worthy by comparison. Rodgers and Cousins had 8 starts in their first three years COMBINED.

I will say it again, I was NOT comparing Trubisky to the other 3 QBs. I was simply saying that the OP's article said that Trubisky is one of the reasons that we will make the playoffs this year. My point is that if you consider the other 3 QBs in our division, Trubisky will NOT be a reason that we make the playoffs.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Another Eeyore post from halfempty

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really do not know that. There is no evidence to support that claim.

Evidence? Here you go. Got this from a previous CCS post. Wish I saved the link. Unfort the article it's from is behind a pay wall: https://247sports.com/nfl/bears/Article/Inside-the-Numbers-Chicago-Bears-painfully-predictable-on-offense-in-2017-111789720

2dzp6b.jpg

Bears ran with a historically low pass rate on 1st down. Ridiculously 33% less than the 2nd fewest even.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
WTF?? You are saying that Stafford is NOT a real QB?? Obviously you are the one who knows nothing about being a "real" QB.

And how much have you actually watched Stafford play? Just as with Mitch, you have to look beyond the stats.

I've watched every single one of his games (up until last season), including preseason. He is not very accurate, doesn't make quick or accurate reads, and has very little mobility. He does have a very strong arm and is a leader though. But without the WRs Detroit has had, and throwing more than most any other QB, he would not look half as good as the stats suggest. And his contract is certainly doing that team no favors....