I can’t agrue with his craziness

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Who was predicting 10 wins last year?

I thought we had a shot at 9 wins. Still believe we could have if it wasn't for the rash of injuries, even with Fox holding things back far more than he should have. But that team (because THIS team is completely different) had no chance to overcome their HC and the injury bug...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF?? You are saying that Stafford is NOT a real QB?? Obviously you are the one who knows nothing about being a "real" QB.

You can argue for or against Stafford till the cows come home but the only thing I see of any substance is that he has zero playoff wins and constantly gets bent when it counts the most. Not a single fan in Chicago would be lauding him as a real QB if he were on this team and had amounted to the same result here. Even Cutler for all his faults managed more with less.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You can argue for or against Stafford till the cows come home but the only thing I see of any substance is that he has zero playoff wins and constantly gets bent when it counts the most. Not a single fan in Chicago would be lauding him as a real QB if he were on this team and had amounted to the same result here. Even Cutler for all his faults managed more with less.

IMO, Stafford is Cutler, but without the pouting...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Evidence? Here you go. Got this from a previous CCS post. Wish I saved the link. Unfort the article it's from is behind a pay wall: https://247sports.com/nfl/bears/Article/Inside-the-Numbers-Chicago-Bears-painfully-predictable-on-offense-in-2017-111789720

2dzp6b.jpg

Bears ran with a historically low pass rate on 1st down. Ridiculously 33% less than the 2nd fewest even.

Also

DfmWfmtVMAAnpuI.jpg

I can't take credit for this. Kazu2324 posted it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It merely highlights just how fucking pitiful the Hobbit's offense was.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;6MYAGyZlBY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0[/video]

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
And how much have you actually watched Stafford play? Just as with Mitch, you have to look beyond the stats.

I've watched every single one of his games (up until last season), including preseason. He is not very accurate, doesn't make quick or accurate reads, and has very little mobility. He does have a very strong arm and is a leader though. But without the WRs Detroit has had, and throwing more than most any other QB, he would not look half as good as the stats suggest. And his contract is certainly doing that team no favors....

Where would you rank Stanford in league comparison? Top 10...Top 15?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

“Constantly gets bent when it counts the most?”

Are you sure?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Where would you rank Stanford in league comparison? Top 10...Top 15?

Top 15 somewhere. After the top couple QBs, the rest are all pretty much up and down every year. The reality is no matter where you rank Stafford (and many SERIOUSLY overvalue arm strength), he does not have the skills to take his team to the next level. He needs a complete team around him to have any type of shot at winning.

And with that contract he has, it is impossible to give him that. They may end up getting lucky once in his career and make it, but Detroit will never have a consistent winner with Stafford under center...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
“Constantly gets bent when it counts the most?”

Are you sure?

A quarterback that folds every single time in the playoffs or with entry to the playoffs on the line, yes.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Top 15 somewhere. After the top couple QBs, the rest are all pretty much up and down every year. The reality is no matter where you rank Stafford (and many SERIOUSLY overvalue arm strength), he does not have the skills to take his team to the next level. He needs a complete team around him to have any type of shot at winning.

And with that contract he has, it is impossible to give him that. They may end up getting lucky once in his career and make it, but Detroit will never have a consistent winner with Stafford under center...

I believe people don’t see what he is surrounded with in Detroit. A QB’s 2 best friends he never had, a good running game and a good defense. Every QB that has had sustained success has experience at lest one of these in most years. Stafford has NEVER had a running game. Think about that. Since 2009 they sucked at running the ball.

On Defense, excluding one year (2014 which they went 11-5), they have been in the bottom of the league just about every year.

The reason Detroit doesn’t finish last in the division every year like the Bears is because of Stafford.

Fuck Detroit but Matt Stafford is single handily carrying a franchise.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe people don’t see what he is surrounded with in Detroit. A QB’s 2 best friends he never had, a good running game and a good defense. Every QB that has had sustained success has experience at lest one of these in most years. Stafford has NEVER had a running game. Think about that. Since 2009 they sucked at running the ball.

On Defense, excluding one year (2014 which they went 11-5), they have been in the bottom of the league just about every year.

The reason Detroit doesn’t finish last in the division every year like the Bears is because of Stafford.

Fuck Detroit but Matt Stafford is single handily carrying a franchise.

There is zero ambiguity about the Lions simply not having a running game and I would say it stretches even farther back than then. It is however debatable that they haven't had any semblance of defense save for one season as you say.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
A quarterback that folds every single time in the playoffs or with entry to the playoffs on the line, yes.

That’s not a fair assessment of Stafford. First off, as I said before he is the team, they don’t even get to the playoffs without him. Side note he never threw a playoff game away. They did not lose because he “folded”. They lost to the superior team every game (0-3). Two of the three Stafford actually played good.

On a side note Stafford is a clutch QB and is a record setter in 4th quarter comebacks.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
There is zero ambiguity about the Lions simply not having a running game and I would say it stretches even farther back than then. It is however debatable that they haven't had any semblance of defense save for one season as you say.

Being a one sided offense will not produce sustained success. It’s not Staffords fault.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Being a one sided offense will not produce sustained success. It’s not Staffords fault.

They have a one sided offense, and just an ok defense, because they can't afford to bring in more thanks to Staffords contract. And he isn't good enough himself to overcome that. So yes, it is his fault...or the Lions for paying him like an elite QB when he isn't.

Either way, it's better for us.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
On a side note Stafford is a clutch QB and is a record setter in 4th quarter comebacks.

Stafford needed so many 4th quarter comebacks because in many games, he has played poorly for the 1st 3 quarters to get behind. And in many of those comebacks, he had his teammates making some pretty spectacular plays.

Why are you defending Stafford, btw?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They have a one sided offense, and just an ok defense, because they can't afford to bring in more thanks to Staffords contract. And he isn't good enough himself to overcome that. So yes, it is his fault...or the Lions for paying him like an elite QB when he isn't.

Either way, it's better for us.

They have terrible defenses - except for one year.

The run game and defense has been bad before he got the contract. It’s nothing new. Also it’s not his fault Detroit paid him that contract but I would say he’s proably worth it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Stafford needed so many 4th quarter comebacks because in many games, he has played poorly for the 1st 3 quarters to get behind. And in many of those comebacks, he had his teammates making some pretty spectacular plays.

Why are you defending Stafford, btw?

He needed the 4th quarter comebacks because his defense was failing and he had no run game.

I know I feel like a Stafford apologist but I’m a football fan too and just not a blind hater of anybody not in a Bears uniform.