First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
This is the foolproof, balanced mock draft that the Bears need to address as many needs as possible, without trades, to set the team up for a wildcard run in 2023 and deep playoff run in 2024 (pending Fields development, of course).

Pick 9: Darnell Wright, RT, Tenn-In this scenario Wright is the second OT off the board behind PJJ. My logic being that we know Wright can play RT. If we were to draft a young LT like Broderick Jones, or PJJ, if he's available, we'd have both tackle positions learning a "new" position--assuming Braxton moves to RT. Obviously the rookie LT would be adjusting to the NFL game, and Braxton Jones would probably be playing RT for the first time since before college. With Wright at RT, Braxton Jones can continue his development at LT.

Pick 52: Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn-We need an edge rusher with some juice. Right now we have nobody coming off the edge that can get after the QB. Hall is that.

Pick 61: Gervon Dexter, DT, UF-BIg, long, mean DT. 6'5 315lbs. Excellent run defender that has the tools to develop into a menace inside. Could be our 3T of the future and internal disruptor.

Pick 64: Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami-Long, physical CB. 6' 200lbs. Played some safety at UGA before transferring to Miami. Would be an excellent Tampa-2 CB. Would allow Gordon to move inside where he belongs and round out the secondary nicely.

Pick 103: Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas-Strong, mean, nasty, athletic, run-blocking center. He could probably start year one, but with Whitehair we won't need him to. Can learn for a year before taking over in 2024.

Pick 133: Braeden Daniels, OG, Utah-Very experienced player with positional versatility. Has played both guard positions and LT so he has some athleticism to his game to be able to play outside--and excel as he was first team all-conference in 2022 as a LT.

Pick 136: Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane-Board favorite. Good athleticism. One-cut back that would fit very nicely in this zone blocking scheme.

Pick 148: Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Mich-6'5, 250 athletic TE. 9.66 RAs, ran a 4.63 40. Would be a nice compliment to Kmet.

Pick 218: Nesta Jade Silvera, DT, ASU-This is an Eberflus guy. Plays hard every play, mean, nasty. 6'2, 315. Can play NT or 3T in this 4-3 defense. Could develop into a good backup DT.

Pick 258: Tavius Robinson, Edge, Ole Miss-Toolsy developmental DE. 6'6, 257, 4.66 40, 8.76 RAS score. Finished 2022 with the 2nd most forced fumbles with five and had seven sacks. Another player that could develop into a rotational guy with low-end starter upside.

QB: Fields,/ PJ Walker/Peterman
RB: Foreman/Herbert/Spears
WR: Moore/ESB
WR: Claypool/Pettis
WR: Mooney/VJJ
TE: Kmet/Tonyan/Schoonmaker
LT: Jones
LG: Jenkins/Daniels
C: Whitehair/Patrick/Stromberg
RG: Davis/Leatherwood/Carter
RT: Wright/Borom

DE: Walker/Gipson/D. Robinson
DT: Billings/Silvera
DT: Jones/Dexter
DE: R. Green/Hall/T. Robinson
LB: Edwards/Sanborn
LB: Edmunds/Lewis
CB: Johnson/Jones
NB: Gordon
CB: Stevenson/Vildor
S: Bojack
S: Brisker

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like it. I have to believe if they draft Stromberg, either Patrick or Whitehair is getting cut. They still have Kramer too.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Mocks I've seen have Tajae Spears going around pick #75.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I like it. I have to believe if they draft Stromberg, either Patrick or Whitehair is getting cut. They still have Kramer too.
I think Whitehair is gone after this season regardless. We have plenty of cap space so no need to cut him now when he could be a valuable mentor to Stromberg for one season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think Whitehair is gone after this season regardless. We have plenty of cap space so no need to cut him now when he could be a valuable mentor to Stromberg for one season.
Could be… I did say Patrick or Whitehair would get cut.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder if we can move back based on how the draft is going, and still pickup Wright or Broderick Jones. It would be sick to drop back into the teens and still get one of those guys or Calijah Kancey, and get an extra early-mid 2nd rounder.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Mocks I've seen have Tajae Spears going around pick #75.
He probably will go earlier than where I have him going, but he was available here. There are a number of RBs that'll probably be there in the 5th that we can plug in.

Really, the point is with this system there's no need to use high draft capital on RBs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Darnell Wright at nine is a little high but I think he'll be a quality starter and I'd rather not see Bears gamble and miss out on him.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Darnell Wright at nine is a little high but I think he'll be a quality starter and I'd rather not see Bears gamble and miss out on him.
I've gone back and forth on that too for the fact that he's a RT, but I've come to the conclusion you need two starting tackles in today's league. DCs move their best guys all over now. If your RT is weak, they'll abuse him.

Besides look at Wirfs in TB (13th pick) or Lane Johnson in Philly (4th overall). Do you think either franchise regrets using a high pick on them?

I think if Wright is identified to be a 10+ year starter then the pick is well worth it.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Travis Homer makes the 53 ahead of Peterman.