onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Briggs isn't gonna propel this D back into a top unit.

Let's just hope Phil gets some good ribs outta the deal.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd settle for a 6th. For the Bears, it's more about evaluating a younger player for the future than a draft pick.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He isn't worth it.

He may very well be out of football next year. He's 34 and coming of two straight seasons with injuries.

He has no trade value and Dallas has Rolando McLain and Justin Durant playing very good LB right now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He isnt going to be resigned next year, his heart has not been in it since Phil waived bye bye to his boy Urlacher and his coach Lovie... Briggs has been awesome, we all love him, but time to at least get somethign for a player that is going to move on this off season anyway.

Get him back into the defensive scheme he strives in with Rod and puts him on a contender. Win Win for both.

Cowboys lose OLB Justin Durant for the season

Cowboys OLB Justin Durant tore his right bicep in Monday's Week 8 loss to the Redskins and is out for the year.

It's a major injury to a no-name defense that already lost MLB Sean Lee and just can't afford to lose any talent. Durant was the unit's captain and leading tackler (per the coaches' tape). "He's in the top three or four performers we've had this year on defense," Jerry Jones said. The Cowboys will need fourth-round rookie Anthony Hitchens to step up alongside Rolando McClain and Bruce Carter.

Source: Charean Williams on Twitter

I've posted this same thing in other threads. J.Jones is a sucker around the trade deadline and will give up a lot for a player if he thinks that player can help his team and Briggs is the perfect bait. Don't know if Emery will do it though after making the statement yesterday about us not giving up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He isn't worth it.

He may very well be out of football next year. He's 34 and coming of two straight seasons with injuries.

He has no trade value and Dallas has Rolando McLain and Justin Durant playing very good LB right now.

Durant is done for the year

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is anyone really saying that in here though? More like this is definitely Briggs last year in Chicago might as well get something, and he is not gonna propel the defense into greatness. He can however blend in well on the Cowboys with Marinelli.

Then neither is Shea nor DJ, but there aren't constant calls to bench them. Briggs is STILL the best option we have at LB, and these last couple of games have so far confirmed that....

BEARS

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then neither is Shea nor DJ, but there aren't constant calls to bench them. Briggs is STILL the best option we have at LB, and these last couple of games have so far confirmed that....

BEARS

I would be fine with benching DJ as well. I don't know who is saying to bench Briggs, but to trade him I would agree with that for sure. Shea you kinda have to let him play out the year, he is still young and they need to see 100% whether he can be a LB or not. I say no, but at least he is still young so there is a chance for improvement.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I would be fine with benching DJ as well. I don't know who is saying to bench Briggs, but to trade him I would agree with that for sure. Shea you kinda have to let him play out the year, he is still young and they need to see 100% whether he can be a LB or not. I say no, but at least he is still young so there is a chance for improvement.

Not under Tucker he won't. Didn't seem to, as an end, under Lovie either. The Shea Mac experiment is over.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not under Tucker he won't. Didn't seem to, as an end, under Lovie either. The Shea Mac experiment is over.

I agree, I always thought he should be a 3-4 OLB. Probably not a good one either, but that is where he should be playing. But I at least understand why they are playing him now. He is always around the ball, whether its the player he is covering catching it, or hustling to the play 2 seconds late. He COULD improve, I doubt it though.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
lets trade briggs for melton, he looked good last night. I know this definitely wont happen, but a man can wish

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
LMAO Briggs for a 5th rounder. Briggs isn't worth a 7th rounder at this point. Nobody wants a fat POS with diabetes to play LB.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Briggs to anyone, for anything at this point works for me.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a 5th round pick?!? Jerry Jones should punch himself in face if he gave a 5th for a old fat washed up Briggs.

Don't put it past him. If not for his kid, Manziel would either his starting QB, or at the least holding a clipboard, not to mention the Lion deal for Williams.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
lets trade briggs for melton, he looked good last night. I know this definitely wont happen, but a man can wish
If we had wanted to pay Melton what the Cowboys paid him we wouldnt have let him leave in free agency.............duh..........you win worst post of the day

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

BEARS

Peanut Tillman agrees, and said as much on comcast. Feels nobody can replace him as far as calling the right defense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I'm just not sure about our draft class this year. Any little sign we see of progress and it looks good to us because our defense is so bad. Ego and Kyle look to be good picks but I am not high on anyone else.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peanut Tillman agrees, and said as much on comcast. Feels nobody can replace him as far as calling the right defense.

I agree, and that is also the main reason I think the Cowboys may make that trade. Briggs knows that defense, and the Cowboys are contending. I thought most of you have written the Bears off this year, so why keep him and play him for nothing, when you may be able to get something out of him?