If Bradley Chubb has been picked...

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Who is the player you hope the Bears will draft? I know, I know, different prospects have been discussed at length, but I don't know if it has all been condensed into a single thread. If it has, then my apologies.

-Minkah Fitzpatrick-I love him. Can play all DB positions, and at an elite level. High praise from Saban saying he is one of teh best DB's he has ever coached. People say he is a S in the league, but I feel you can move him over to the boundary at CB full time.

-Saquon Barkley-dynamic, generational back. Some who think its a no-brainer pick for us, others say we should get a bounty of picks for him in the unlikely event he falls to us. Would be drafting a position we are already strong at, but...

-Quenton Nelson-my favorite player in the draft. I think a constant All-Pro at the position and has all of the skills to excel in Nagy's offense.

-Mike McGlinchey? Joshua Jackson? Calvin Ridley?

Personally, I go with Nelson. One, I think Barkley will be gone before we pick. Second, Sitton is getting older and Long may never be the same player after all of his injuries. What was once thought of as a strength is now a weakness, IMO. Whitehair and Nelson together for 8+ years would be great.

I have heard about ideas re: trading Howard, which got me thinking, what about Kyle Long? Do you think we could get a 2nd for him? Sign Andrew Norwell in FA (dominant at the G position this year), and line him up with Whitehair and Nelson. Use the 2 2nds on WR and OLB.

Don't know, just some ideas. A case can be made for a lot of players.

Thoughts?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
At this point Fitzpatrick or A.Key are my early top choices.

msadows

Liked Posts:
dont think fitz last till 8 but it has to be him if he does.

Otherwise I think the picks between key or ridley just based upon need. I dont think ridley is worth it but we are in desperate need of a playmaker at WR, and i fully expect him to destroy the combine so that will raise his stock. Hes already running a 4.35 at bama and thats before training specifically for the combine. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets down to 4.3 and we all know stupid combine numbers drastically raise stock. Dudes already projected as a top 10 pick by nearly every draft guru.

Nelson is good but I cant see them using the #8 pick on a guard even if long/sitton are shadows of their former selves.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I rarely agree with taking a guard high in the draft, but Nelson is the best guard prospect I've seen since Steve Hutchinson.

He'd be a great pick but none of us besides the front office know what the plan/health is with long/sitton. They might feel good about the guard situation for all we know. Then again we tried to trade sitton previously, so who knows what will happen in the offseason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fitzpatrick. CB is a premium position. Even if he fails at CB, you can make him a S.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Take the best OL on the board. And with a certain ND OL coach on board it's probably gonna be one of them boys on ND's left side.

bearfan06

Liked Posts:
At this moment i can not see a scenario that has Fitzpatrick or Chubb or Barkley still on the board when we pick at 8. I also think that Nelson will be gone by then.

if any of these guys is on the board you run to the podium, or trade back if it is Barkley

either one of these guys is a difference maker and the best prospect at their position, ergo a no brainer

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are 3 players I am taking no matter what in order. To me these are the ELITE players in the draft.

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quentin Nelson

All 3 are elite talents and I order them by positional value.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to lie... I'm coming around on Courtland Sutton. His redirection while catching contested passes reminds me a LOT like AJ Green. He doesn't have the speed Green does, but the more I watch his highlights, the more I see those last second adjustments to the ball that look effortless. I'm not ready to say he's my guy yet, but he's in my short list. I wouldn't be upset if we traded back a few and still got him.

Also, I am not a fan of Calvin Ridley in the first.