If Bradley Chubb has been picked...

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I forgot about Roquan Smith. Elite in pretty much every area.

He's either an OLB in a 4-3 or a ILB in a 3-4. Great sideline-to-sideline pursuit speed and at timed blitzes up the middle. Very good in coverage, also. I don't think he's known as being a thumper against the run, but I think he is very good in that area, as well. Actually, reminds me a lot of Trevathan.

If the 4 blue-chip guys are all gone, R. Smith should definitely be near the top of the list.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I know we don't need him and it won't happen blah blah. But I'd love to have Barkely. My god that guy is incredible. He's going to be deadly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Nelson is the best OL prospect in the draft and is still on the board, that is a no brainer to me. This is still all about Mich Trubisky get the best OLineman in the first round, and the best WR you can in the second round. Protect Mich, than get him the weapons he needs.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope we make a trade netting us extra picks in this years and next years draft. Fa isn’t looking good so need more picks

Hammer

Liked Posts:
About two weeks into the FA period we'll get our marquee signings and know exactly what major roster holes are still left to fix via. 1st & 2nd round pick, right now it's just too much of a guessing game.

Considering FA period, my prime targets would be 2 WRs (re-sign Meredith and sign Robinson or Richardson), RT (someone like Fleming) and 3 CBs (re-sign Fuller and Callahan, plus Amukamara or someone of similar/better quality).

Which would then enable Bears to target OLB (Chubb, Key, Ferrell) in 1st round, and WR in 2nd round (speed guys like Kirk, Campbell, Washington, etc.).

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Arden Key has no work ethic and is a complete mental case. Bust.

People keep fucking want to draft this shmuck, have they even watched a single LSU game this year? What has this kid done this year?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
There are 3 players I am taking no matter what in order. To me these are the ELITE players in the draft.

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quentin Nelson

All 3 are elite talents and I order them by positional value.

If Chubb is there at 7 I trade up for him. Combined with Floyd and our DL, we have a dominant pass rush. I really hope we look at a top flight 3-4 DL, preferably nose. We have Goldman and Hicks to push the pocket on passing downs And can sub Bullard if needed, but a true run stopper in middle would be ideal. Benny Logan or Justin Ellis would fit the bill and won't cost a ton.

Depending on Ridley's intelligence and interview, I'd throw him in too. I know we are all leary after White but if the Lions got scared they wouldn't have ended up with Megatron. If the front office feels he's a top 10 WR then go get him.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If Chubb is there at 7 I trade up for him. Combined with Floyd and our DL, we have a dominant pass rush. I really hope we look at a top flight 3-4 DL, preferably nose. We have Goldman and Hicks to push the pocket on passing downs And can sub Bullard if needed, but a true run stopper in middle would be ideal. Benny Logan or Justin Ellis would fit the bill and won't cost a ton.

Depending on Ridley's intelligence and interview, I'd throw him in too. I know we are all leary after White but if the Lions got scared they wouldn't have ended up with Megatron. If the front office feels he's a top 10 WR then go get him.

as it stands now imo fitzpatrick doesnt get past the browns at 4. Peppers was a mistake and needs to be a in the box safety, drafting fitzpatrick will allow them to do that. I dont think chubb will get past tampa, they need pass rush real bad...if the bears want chubb they will have to leapfrog tampa...

if chubb is gone my pick is jackson CB or nelson G.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Calvin Ridley is no Megatron.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge fan of the WR class this year and am not sure we will find good value at the position anywhere in the draft. If we fail to address the position seriously in FA then I would either draft Cameron Sutton or trade back and see if either he or Ridley is availble. I need to wach more video, but from what I've searched so far no one aside from those two names intrigue me.

Sutton or Ridley is based off of need though, and by now we all know Pace drafs BPA...I'm in favor of that approach, but it seems we are striking out at receiver and it really hurt us last year.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Nelson without hesitation. I want to see Mike Daniels get pancaked at Lambeau.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge fan of the WR class this year and am not sure we will find good value at the position anywhere in the draft. If we fail to address the position seriously in FA then I would either draft Cameron Sutton or trade back and see if either he or Ridley is availble. I need to wach more video, but from what I've searched so far no one aside from those two names intrigue me.

Sutton or Ridley is based off of need though, and by now we all know Pace drafs BPA...I'm in favor of that approach, but it seems we are striking out at receiver and it really hurt us last year.

There will be value in this Wr class from late first to early 4th round.
Guys I'd take over Ridely and Sutton later on. Anthony Miller and Christian Kirk.

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
There are 3 players I am taking no matter what in order. To me these are the ELITE players in the draft.

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quentin Nelson

All 3 are elite talents and I order them by positional value.

Literally any of these 3 are who I want. I think we could see 3 QBs before we select. If that’s the case gotta think Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, one of the LTs, possibly Nelson are gone.

If any of those 3 are off the board, try like hell to trade back but good luck finding a suitor with no QB needy team within a spot or 2 behind us

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
as it stands now imo fitzpatrick doesnt get past the browns at 4. Peppers was a mistake and needs to be a in the box safety, drafting fitzpatrick will allow them to do that. I dont think chubb will get past tampa, they need pass rush real bad...if the bears want chubb they will have to leapfrog tampa...

if chubb is gone my pick is jackson CB or nelson G.

TB picking right in front of us really screwed us as they have major pass rushing needs as well. If Chubb is still on the board and is selected a spot ahead of us, I’m gonna lose it.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
TB picking right in front of us really screwed us as they have major pass rushing needs as well. If Chubb is still on the board and is selected a spot ahead of us, I’m gonna lose it.

well in 2015 the bears sat back and saw leonard williams get plucked right in front of them, ending up with white...williams would have been a core building block since that was the first year in vic's 3-4...fast forward to 2016 the bears moved up from 11 to 9 skipping over the giants to ensure they got floyd leaving the giants with apple whos been a bust...

I would be fine if the bears used one of their 4th rd picks to move up to 6 to secure chubb if he falls that far

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any of these guys are available, I run to the podium. In this order

Chubb
Fitzpatrick
Jackson

ping001

Liked Posts:
Trade down for multiple picks. Some guys might slide, but if Derwin James runs a good solid 40 time then he is more than a in the box safety.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bradley Chubb went to the HS right by my house. Would be cool to see him on the Bears.