If Bradley Chubb has been picked...

house23

Liked Posts:
Take the best OL on the board. And with a certain ND OL coach on board it's probably gonna be one of them boys on ND's right side.
Left side.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is the player you hope the Bears will draft? I know, I know, different prospects have been discussed at length, but I don't know if it has all been condensed into a single thread. If it has, then my apologies.

-Minkah Fitzpatrick-I love him. Can play all DB positions, and at an elite level. High praise from Saban saying he is one of teh best DB's he has ever coached. People say he is a S in the league, but I feel you can move him over to the boundary at CB full time.

-Saquon Barkley-dynamic, generational back. Some who think its a no-brainer pick for us, others say we should get a bounty of picks for him in the unlikely event he falls to us. Would be drafting a position we are already strong at, but...

-Quenton Nelson-my favorite player in the draft. I think a constant All-Pro at the position and has all of the skills to excel in Nagy's offense.

-Mike McGlinchey? Joshua Jackson? Calvin Ridley?

Personally, I go with Nelson. One, I think Barkley will be gone before we pick. Second, Sitton is getting older and Long may never be the same player after all of his injuries. What was once thought of as a strength is now a weakness, IMO. Whitehair and Nelson together for 8+ years would be great.

I have heard about ideas re: trading Howard, which got me thinking, what about Kyle Long? Do you think we could get a 2nd for him? Sign Andrew Norwell in FA (dominant at the G position this year), and line him up with Whitehair and Nelson. Use the 2 2nds on WR and OLB.

Don't know, just some ideas. A case can be made for a lot of players.

Thoughts?

:lmao:

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Bradley Chubb would be my first choice. I don't expect him or Barkley to be there when we pick. Fitzpatrick may well be available at 8 but he's more a safety (a good one granted) and we have our safety position sorted. Doesn't mean you don't take BPA but it's slightly harder to justify.

Nelson has to be a consideration. Personally I'd cut Sitton in the offseason if we can get Norwell in FA and you'd have to imagine the Bears don't want to move on from Long just yet. If we're not going after Norwell then I'd probably choose Nelson

My choice was going to be Clelin Ferrell but he's going back to be school which is frustrating as I think the biggest position of need for the Bears is at OLB.

For now then I'd choose Nelson though I'd be open to trading back with a team who desires a QB though I'd really want a 2nd rounder out of it as then the Bears could go something like: [1] Mike McGlinchey (OT) - to replace Massie, [2] Christian Kirk (WR) - would likely be a guy who suits Nagy's style of offense, [2] Marcus Davenport (OLB) - someone to line up opposite Floyd.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
J Jackson
R Smith
Q Nelson

Any one of the 3.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Nelson has to be in play at # 8. A solid interior OL would help every aspect of our offense. Ground attach, pass pro, allowing #2 WR talents to come out of their breaks...not a sexy pick, but a safe one and one that could pay off huge dividends for the next decade.