If I made a mock draft for what Poles got in this draft...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
CCS would be calling it crazy and unrealistic. Poles potentially fixed the WR & RT position with one first round pick and got another one next year.

WR D.J. Moore

OT Darnell Wright (Selected with Pick #10 Overall)

CAR 2nd Round Pick 2023 (Pick #61 Overall)

CAR 1st Round Pick 2024

PHI 4th Round Pick 2024

CAR 2nd Round Pick 2025

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The #1 trade was about 70 under value, but Moore was there and has shown the talent to play above his pick.
The #9 trade is 50 over value. But odds are the Eagles will finish well next year.

The one I saw from you and commented on had #9 about 150 under value for a trade we had no reason to make except what the other team offered.

Draft trade value charts are your friends.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The #1 trade was about 70 under value, but Moore was there and has shown the talent to play above his pick.
The #9 trade is 50 over value. But odds are the Eagles will finish well next year.

The one I saw from you and commented on had #9 about 150 under value for a trade we had no reason to make except what the other team offered.

Draft trade value charts are your friends.

What value chart do you use?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Huddle Report's is easy to find and remember is there. Draft Pick Value Chart

Pick 1 = 3000

Pick 9 = 1350
Pick 61 = 292
2024 1st = 420
2025 2nd = 190
DJ Moore = 1050
Total = 3302

Not sure how you are getting 70 under value. Moore mid 1st value based on AJ Brown trade and fact Packers offered a 1st for him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pick 1 = 3000

Pick 9 = 1350
Pick 61 = 292
2024 1st = 420
2025 2nd = 190
DJ Moore = 1050
Total = 3302

Not sure how you are getting 70 under value. Moore mid 1st value based on AJ Brown trade and fact Packers offered a 1st for him.

Moore was pick #24. 740 points not 1050.
You can't grade him on what you hope he will be. He shows talent but is production has lacked, hopefully because of his QBs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pick 1 = 3000

Pick 9 = 1350
Pick 61 = 292
2024 1st = 420
2025 2nd = 190
DJ Moore = 1050
Total = 3302

That and discounting a full round for future pick is a lot. I know why but it represents worst case where Carolina may pick near last and then you still need to discount a 1/2 round but that's not happening. This trade is already a win and will outperform the cover your ass formula.

I like this value chart since it plugs in the team order for the entire draft. No need to cross reference.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If bears didn’t get moore they would have got a first two years from now. Two years. By that time the way Carolina division is going they are going to own it. Moore is greater than a pick in the 20s. Of course you can roll the dice and assume they will be picking top 10 but I wouldn’t. If they didn’t get moore in the trade starting wrs would me Mooney-claypool-vjj- and some bum ass fa. Yeah I think I’m good with original trade down

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can't grade him on what you hope he will be. He shows talent but is production has lacked, hopefully because of his QBs.
What are you talking about, "Hope he will be?" The draft pick values are all based on assumption of draft value, DJ Moore is a known value greater than a mid round first, so @remydat 's value of 1050 is conservative. Worst case scenario, teams that knew college DJ Moore would be what he is as pro DJ Moore, would draft him inthe top 10 (1300) and that is even conservative.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You dont value players based on where they were drafted. You value them based on what teams are willing to give up to get them. The Pack were willing to give up the 15th pick in a trade for Moore. AJ Brown was a 2nd round pick but the Eagles were willing to give up a mid first round pick for him.

Imagine for example if you wanted to trade for Tom Brady in his prime. No one would claim his value was a 6th round pick because that is where he was drafted. So this is your mistake. There is no scenario where a player is valued by teams in a trade based on where they were drafted. That is absurd logic.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Remy stupid like that. But real problem is even if Moore could get more production with a better passer of the ball, where is he expected to find that on the Bears?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Remy stupid like that. But real problem is even if Moore could get more production with a better passer of the ball, where is he expected to find that on the Bears?
No you guys are being stupid. You dont value players based on their original draft position jackass.

Again Brady does not go for a 6th round pick. Jesus yall cant be this dumb.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No you guys are being stupid. You dont value players based on their original draft position jackass.

Again Brady does not go for a 6th round pick. Jesus yall cant be this dumb.
In the same way you over value Moore, others can under value him even more so than the poster you started your argument with.
No exact science to be had to come up with attaching a draft trade value on a vet. Common sense need be used. Are you just going to compare him to guys like AJ Brown and Brady for the fuck of it, cause that's obviously ridiculous.

You could say AJ Brown is worth a a 1st rounder now, be it middle or late. You can also say Moore's worth is exactly where he was picked and who could say that's wrong? But what you can't say is, this desperate team offered this for Brown so that's what Moore's worth is. That's absolutely idiotic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the same way you over value Moore, others can under value him even more so than the poster you started your argument with.
No exact science to be had to come up with attaching a draft trade value on a vet. Common sense need be used. Are you just going to compare him to guys like AJ Brown and Brady for the fuck of it, cause that's obviously ridiculous.

You could say AJ Brown is worth a a 1st rounder now, be it middle or late. You can also say Moore's worth is exactly where he was picked and who could say that's wrong? But what you can't say is, this desperate team offered this for Brown so that's what Moore's worth is. That's absolutely idiotic.

You cant read jackass. I noted that the Packers offered a 1st for Moore and their first ended up being 15. I then noted that value was similar to what Brown got and Brown and Moore had similar careers up to the point they were traded.

So there is clear evidence of what he was valued at which is a mid first round pick. The idea that he would just be valued at his original pick is extremely stupid. No team does it that way. Nor was the poster claiming that his value just coincidentally happened to be his original value. The poster straight said his value was 24 because that was where he was drafted. Again that is moronic.

You swooping in trying to play captian save a ho isnt going to help. Moore's trade value was a mid first based on what teams offered for him and based on trades of similar WRs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So there is clear evidence of what he was valued at which is a mid first round pick. The idea that he would just be valued at his original pick is extremely stupid. No team does it that way. Nor was the poster claiming that his value just coincidentally happened to be his original value. The poster straight said his value was 24 because that was where he was drafted. Again that is moronic.

You swooping in trying to play captian save a ho isnt going to help. Moore's trade value was a mid first based on what teams offered for him and based on trades of similar WRs.
I admittedly only skim your posts as they're too nonsensical to read all the way through.

You're more concerned with made up numbers than reality. Moore is not as good as Brown. That's reality. Whether I turn to PFF WR rankings over the last 3 years or Pro Football Reference Approximate Player Values, that reality is fully supported.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I admittedly only skim your posts as they're too nonsensical to read all the way through.

You're more concerned with made up numbers than reality. Moore is not as good as Brown. That's reality. Whether I turn to PFF WR rankings over the last 3 years or Pro Football Reference Approximate Player Values, that reality is fully supported.

Once again the Packers offered their 1st for him so his value was that of a mid first rounder.

Moore had 3,156 yards and 10 TDs his first 3 years compared to 2,995 and 24 TDs for AJ Brown. Brown had Tanny as a QB while Moore had garbage. So they are in fact comparable. Not to mention Bears got Moore after 5 years of proven production and on a contract that averages 17.75m a year. Brown's contract is 25m a year.

So even if you want to say Brown is better he is not 7.25m a year better so Moore is still worth a similar draft pick on the basis he has a longer track record and comes much cheaper than Brown.

Please also note that Moore has 2 extra years in the NFL but is only 2.5 months older than Brown. So he was in fact a better player at a younger age that Brown as at an age where he was a 1k yard WR in the NFL, Brown was still in college.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again the Packers offered their 1st for him so his value was that of a mid first rounder.

Moore had 3,156 yards and 10 TDs his first 3 years compared to 2,995 and 24 TDs for AJ Brown. Brown had Tanny as a QB while Moore had garbage. So they are in fact comparable. Not to mention Bears got Moore after 5 years of proven production and on a contract that averages 17.75m a year. Brown's contract is 25m a year.

So even if you want to say Brown is better he is not 7.25m a year better so Moore is still worth a similar draft pick on the basis he has a longer track record and comes much cheaper than Brown.

Please also note that Moore has 2 extra years in the NFL but is only 2.5 months older than Brown. So he was in fact a better player at a younger age that Brown as at an age where he was a 1k yard WR in the NFL, Brown was still in college.
I don't care what the Packers do or how they value any player. Well, not entirely true, I'm glad they're rid of Rodgers but I digress.

You are aware of what PFF does and why they are the go to statisticians for NFL teams. Their focus is to remove intangibles and put Focus on what that player does on his own. Brown is consistently around their top 5 while Moore is consistently nowhere near that.

In the end. it's not about these invented draft trade value numbers you want to put on Moore. It's more about where would you rank him among the current WR1s? I think you overrate him as many, on CCS, predictably do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care what the Packers do or how they value any player. Well, not entirely true, I'm glad they're rid of Rodgers but I digress.

You are aware of what PFF does and why they are the go to statisticians for NFL teams. Their focus is to remove intangibles and put Focus on what that player does on his own. Brown is consistently around their top 5 while Moore is consistently nowhere near that.

In the end. it's not about these invented draft trade value numbers you want to put on Moore. It's more about where would you rank him among the current WR1s? I think you overrate him as many, on CCS, predictably do.

Lol so you will ignore how NFL teams value players and go with PFF. LMFAO. Yeah no.

And again Moore is 7.25m less than Brown so even if I think Brown is bettee they can both be valued as mid 1st round picks because Moore costs considerably less.