If I made a mock draft for what Poles got in this draft...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What are you talking about, "Hope he will be?" The draft pick values are all based on assumption of draft value, DJ Moore is a known value greater than a mid round first, so @remydat 's value of 1050 is conservative. Worst case scenario, teams that knew college DJ Moore would be what he is as pro DJ Moore, would draft him inthe top 10 (1300) and that is even conservative.

Then why on earth did we pay to get Marshall off our hands when he had a 1500yd year here?
We paid Carolina back for their pick. That is 740 value. They got a bonus of 70 points extra for him. Remember we were the ones with the #1 pick. We don't lose on that deal no matter how many defeatists on CCSs wanted that to happen.

You're going to draft a sub-1200yd WR in the top ten? Boy do you have low standards.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wasn't a straw man. You clearly linked him to top 10. If you're considering valuing him as a #15 draft pick, he damn well better be at least top 10. Really should be top 5 in my eyes, for a pick that high.
You're doing it constantly. You just can't get ahead of yourself, can you?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Wasn't a straw man. You clearly linked him to top 10. If you're considering valuing him as a #15 draft pick, he damn well better be at least top 10. Really should be top 5 in my eyes, for a pick that high.
No it was 100% a strawman..
I was replying to the comment that his production was lacking and just pointed out that he had 3 seasons with 1100+ yards which puts that around the top 10 range for yards, 9-11 range in yards, nothing more..

You created some strawman that I don't think there was 10 WRs that was better, this was stupid for several reasons, 1 I never said that, and 2 I literally said the opposite because 2 of his years he was ranked 11th in yards so that means there are 10 WR better for at least yards..

Stop making things up just to argue..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please provide a link of any team knowingly offering a #15 pick for DJ Moore as that is the value you've put on him.

Also even if you are fool enough to attempt to make an argument that there's 1 or 2 teams that would, the majority of NFL teams clearly would not. Maybe a late first, early second would be more the consensus.
Trade had good value and what was given for Moore was about right. Packers offered a 1 and were turned down unless they added a 2. Likely because they were expected to finish well. The Bear also got a future 2nd in the Moore negotiation so lower than just 15 value. It's also a 1 2 years from now so....

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, I could easily find a link for that but would first like to know if you consider Moore a top 10 WR, cause there's no way you could expect a team to give up that high a draft pick for a vet WR who isn't even considered to be top 10.

Find me evidence of NFL teams saying a WR has to be top 10 in order to be worth a mid first.

Packers attempted to trade for Darren Waller, D.J. Moore before deadline

Reporting from both outlets makes it clear: the Packers’ top option and “primary focus” at the deadline was Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Chase Claypool, who ended up going to the Chicago Bears for a second-round pick.

Schefter reports the Packers were willing to give up a second-round pick and a later-round pick for Claypool, but the Steelers eventually went with the Bears’ offer because the team believes Green Bay will get its season turned around and instead wanted Chicago’s second-rounder.

What do you think this proves? It is obvious the Pack felt they could turn their season around. It doesn't change the fact there was a possibility they could not. So what actually happened is a team that was tied for 7th worst in the NFL offered a draft pick that turned out to be the 15th pick.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gms would say you're dead fucking wrong. They determine market value with transactions, not you.

And, they didn't just offer it for brown. A transaction happened, which set the market.

According to your fkin logic, the bears should have offered the 1st pick for burrow, and the Bengals wouldn't have laughed at em. TBI at some point?
I wonder if you're just on crack or really stupid like that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Find me evidence of NFL teams saying a WR has to be top 10 in order to be worth a mid first.

What do you think this proves? It is obvious the Pack felt they could turn their season around. It doesn't change the fact there was a possibility they could not. So what actually happened is a team that was tied for 7th worst in the NFL offered a draft pick that turned out to be the 15th pick.
You based the fact you gave Pick 15 value for a lesser WR based on nothing but rumor and randomness. Had Packers ended up with a much later pick, you'd just find another way to overvalue him. That's the weasel approach you always take. Deal didn't even come close to happening. Panthers were shutting down all talks of trading their WR at that point. They just weren't going to do it, period.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You based the fact you gave Pick 15 value for a lesser WR based on nothing but rumor and randomness. Had Packers ended up with a much later pick, you'd just find another way to overvalue him. That's the weasel approach you always take. Deal didn't even come close to happening. Panthers were shutting down all talks of trading their WR at that point. They just weren't going to do it, period.

The issue is I have evidence the Packers offered a first round pick at the time they were the 7th worst team. Your issue is you are trying to claim Moore is not worth a mid round pick because you said so. You have zero actual evidence to point to beyond your own opinion. You can't win this argument. Sorry.

And going back to what started this all you and the poster are categorically stupid for claiming Moore should be valued based on his original draft position ie 24th.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The issue is I have evidence the Packers offered a first round pick at the time they were the 7th worst team. Your issue is you are trying to claim Moore is not worth a mid round pick because you said so. You have zero actual evidence to point to beyond your own opinion. You can't win this argument. Sorry.

And going back to what started this all you and the poster are categorically stupid for claiming Moore should be valued based on his original draft position ie 24th.
You have no evidence. You have only hearsay and absolutely nothing that says it would have been a #15 pick come draft time.

I never said his value should be based on where he was drafted, just insinuated that could be where his value still is, if not lower.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have no evidence. You have only hearsay and absolutely nothing that says it would have been a #15 pick come draft time.

I never said his value should be based on where he was drafted, just insinuated that could be where his value still is, if not lower.

There is a difference between evidence and proof jackass. The fact there are reports that the Packers offered a first at a time they were the 7th worst team in the NFL is evidence that the 15th pick is a fair value for Moore. It is not proof.

And no Dummy you did in fact insinuate that his value should be based on where he was drafted because when Myk said so, you responded not by correcting him but cosigning his stupidity.

Moore was pick #24. 740 points not 1050.
You can't grade him on what you hope he will be. He shows talent but is production has lacked, hopefully because of his QBs.

He is clearly claiming his value should be based on his original draft position to which you responded.

Yeah, Remy stupid like that. But real problem is even if Moore could get more production with a better passer of the ball, where is he expected to find that on the Bears?

This is you cosigning his post and thus suggesting you agree with his stupid ass valuation methodology of valuing Moore based on him being the 24th pick. So either you were too stupid to read and understand the debate or you stupidly did agree with Myk and now realizing how stupid that sounds are trying to wiggle your way out of it. I don't know which it is, I just know that either way you were being stupid.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a difference between evidence and proof jackass. The fact there are reports that the Packers offered a first at a time they were the 7th worst team in the NFL is evidence that the 15th pick is a fair value for Moore. It is not proof.

And no Dummy you did in fact insinuate that his value should be based on where he was drafted because when Myk said so, you responded not by correcting him but cosigning his stupidity.

He is clearly claiming his value should be based on his original draft position to which you responded.

This is you cosigning his post and thus suggesting you agree with his stupid ass valuation methodology of valuing Moore based on him being the 24th pick. So either you were too stupid to read and understand the debate or you stupidly did agree with Myk and now realizing how stupid that sounds are trying wiggle your way out of it. I don't know which it is, I just know that either way you were being stupid.
Cosigned nothing other than to say you're stupid like that. I would have actually put his worth a bit lower, late 1st, early 2nd.

It is stupid to point to a random thing as a WR's worth in draft points. Of that there is no doubt. And the fact Carolina was fielding no offers at that point, just makes it that much dumber.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cosigned nothing other than to say you're stupid like that. I would have actually put his worth a bit lower, late 1st, early 2nd.

It is stupid to point to a random thing as a WR's worth in draft points. Of that there is no doubt. And the fact Carolina was fielding no offers at that point, just makes it that much dumber.

Except you did. Trying reading comprehension next time.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except you did. Trying reading comprehension next time.
Good idea for yourself as my reply to him was in reference to you just making up Moore's value and not his actual value. That's why I said you be stupid like that........cause you just make shit up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good idea for yourself as my reply to him was in reference to you just making up Moore's value and not his actual value. That's why I said you be stupid like that........cause you just make shit up.

No he claimed his value was his original draft position. That is more made up than me using the fact the Pack offered a 1st round pick for him.

Facd it your argument is stupid.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he claimed his value was his original draft position. That is more made up than me using the fact the Pack offered a 1st round pick for him.

Facd it your argument is stupid.
I don't care what he claimed. My only claim was that you're stupid and all your arguments are stupid. You want to put a #15 pick value on him based on something that never happened. Have to realize 2 things. If the rumor was true, Packers were not envisioning having that high a pick. Where that pick landed was anybody's guess and a completely random thing that you can't put a player's value on. Then there's the simple fact many teams inquired about a trade but Carolina had no interest in a trade at that time so it wouldn't matter what anyone offered.

As usual you would not be able to find a single legit source that put the same 1050 points on Moore. Do you know why that is? Cause you're stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care what he claimed. My only claim was that you're stupid and all your arguments are stupid. You want to put a #15 pick value on him based on something that never happened. Have to realize 2 things. If the rumor was true, Packers were not envisioning having that high a pick. Where that pick landed was anybody's guess and a completely random thing that you can't put a player's value on. Then there's the simple fact many teams inquired about a trade but Carolina had no interest in a trade at that time so it wouldn't matter what anyone offered.

As usual you would not be able to find a single legit source that put the same 1050 points on Moore. Do you know why that is? Cause you're stupid.

What is stupid is backing up someone who said a players value is based on where they were drafted years ago.

What is also stupid is crying about me using the fact the Packers offered a 1st while claiming his value is lower based on absolutely nothing.

You are literally making up shit to support your argument pretending you know how the majority of teams value him.

Let's revisit when you have support for your claims.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is stupid is backing up someone who said a players value is based on where they were drafted years ago.

What is also stupid is crying about me using the fact the Packers offered a 1st while claiming his value is lower based on absolutely nothing.

You are literally making up shit to support your argument pretending you know how the majority of teams value him.

Let's revisit when you have support for your claims.
Projection and plenty of it. Nobody crying but you.

All you need do is point to a single source that actually put the same 1050 value on Moore. Why's that so hard for you? Either do that or go on your merry day dreaming way and just keep crying about it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Projection and plenty of it. Nobody crying but you.

All you need do is point to a single source that actually put the same 1050 value on Moore. Why's that so hard for you? Either do that or go on your merry day dreaming way and just keep crying about it.

All you need to point to is a single source that confirms that the majority of teams don't have him as a mid round pick.

Again I have provided more support than you. Period.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
All you need to point to is a single source that confirms that the majority of teams don't have him as a mid round pick.

Again I have provided more support than you. Period.
I never put an exact value on him. You did. When asked to prove it, you cannot point to a single source that gave him the same 1050 value. So now you just backtrack and cry.