If I made a mock draft for what Poles got in this draft...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol so you will ignore how NFL teams value players and go with PFF. LMFAO. Yeah no.
Am I going to condone what Cleveland gave up for Watson? No, nor is any sane person. Desperation makes teams overvalue players. 1 team allegedly offers a first for Moore a half year before the draft and you act like all 31 other teams would do the same if they had a top 15 first rounder to give. LMAO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Am I going to condone what Cleveland gave up for Watson? No, nor is any sane person. Desperation makes teams overvalue players. 1 team allegedly offers a first for Moore a half year before the draft and you act like all 31 other teams would do the same if they had a top 15 first rounder to give. LMAO.

No not one team. There were multiple teams that inquired about Moore and it was clear his trade value was a 1st round pick. Further the Bears also obviously valued him as a 1 round pick as they took him in lieu of another 1st round pick.

So we have 2 teams we know valued him as a 1st round pick as well as aware of reports of other teams inquiring.

And then we have Spartan trying to ignore that to make up your own value.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No not one team. There were multiple teams that inquired about Moore and it was clear his trade value was a 1st round pick. Further the Bears also obviously valued him as a 1 round pick as they took him in lieu of another 1st round pick.

So we have 2 teams we know valued him as a 1st round pick as well as aware of reports of other teams inquiring.

And then we have Spartan trying to ignore that to make up your own value.
Please provide a link of any team knowingly offering a #15 pick for DJ Moore as that is the value you've put on him.

Also even if you are fool enough to attempt to make an argument that there's 1 or 2 teams that would, the majority of NFL teams clearly would not. Maybe a late first, early second would be more the consensus.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moore has had 3 seasons of 1100+ yards, that kind of production puts him top 10 range (9-11) so not sure how that is lacking
You seriously believe there is not 10 wide receivers better than DJ Moore? Now, that's funny.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Can somebody plz give me Alex Leatherwood's value based on his draft position considering that's a thing we're doin now apparently.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Please provide a link of any team knowingly offering a #15 pick for DJ Moore as that is the value you've put on him.

Also even if you are fool enough to attempt to make an argument that there's 1 or 2 teams that would, the majority of NFL teams clearly would not. Maybe a late first, early second would be more the consensus.

Packers wound up with the 15th pick and were right around there at the time of the trade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Please provide a like showing the majority of NFL yeams would not. You are literally making up shit you cant prove.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said, a half year before the draft. At that point the team would still be hoping it would amount to a much later pick in the first.
At the time the Pack were 3-5 tied for 7th worst record in NFL with 7 teams. So they offered a first rounder at a time when they would be drafting between 7th and 14th. So regardless of their hopes they knew there was a chance it could be a top 10 or 15 pick.

Please provide a like showing the majority of NFL yeams would not. You are literally making up shit you cant prove.

I didnt say majority of teams. I said the Packers and Bears and a few unnamed teams.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You seriously believe there is not 10 wide receivers better than DJ Moore? Now, that's funny.

I'm sorry but what? Who said that?
I see your just making things up to argue..
I can do strawman arguments as well..

You seriously believe Moore is the worst WR in the league? now, thats funny

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pointing out the idiocy you operate on. Had the Packers had a real good season and finished with the #30 pick would you then say Moore was worth only 620 points? Of course not, cause it does not support the fanboy narrative you're operating on.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but what? Who said that?
I see your just making things up to argue..
I can do strawman arguments as well..

You seriously believe Moore is the worst WR in the league? now, thats funny
Wasn't a straw man. You clearly linked him to top 10. If you're considering valuing him as a #15 draft pick, he damn well better be at least top 10. Really should be top 5 in my eyes, for a pick that high.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Pointing out the idiocy you operate on. Had the Packers had a real good season and finished with the #30 pick would you then say Moore was worth only 620 points? Of course not, cause it does not support the fanboy narrative you're operating on.
What pick do you think the Packers would have ended up with if they wound up with DJ Moore?

If he would have gotten them to the 30th overall pick from the 15th, that would have been a massive impact on winning, meaning he'd be worthy of a higher pick.

What a stupid ass argument.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What pick do you think the Packers would have ended up with if they wound up with DJ Moore?

If he would have gotten them to the 30th overall pick from the 15th, that would have been a massive impact on winning, meaning he'd be worthy of a higher pick.

What a stupid ass argument.
Focus, jackass. It's about assessing a point value on Moore, not what the Packers may or may not have done with him. Talk about ADD!!

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the time the Pack were 3-5 tied for 7th worst record in NFL with 7 teams. So they offered a first rounder at a time when they would be drafting between 7th and 14th. So regardless of their hopes they knew there was a chance it could be a top 10 or 15 pick.

Think the rumor happened much earlier but regardless, it matters not. You assess a value on Moore based on where they coincidentally landed several months later. It's pure idiocy. Even if you wanted to place such a pretend value on a vet player, you'd need know the consensus of all teams not just 1.

Common sense should tell you if a team is going to give up a #15 draft pick for a vet WR. they'd want it to be a top 5 WR. Maybe a more desperate team would do it for any top 10 WR. No matter, cause Moore is not a top 10 WR.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

But that didnt happen. What actually happened is they offered their 1st round pick when they were tied for 7th worst and they finished with the 15th pick. So at no point were they ever in 30th pick range.

They were always in top 10, top 15 range. Just because that blowd up your narrative doesnt mean you can just make up shit that never happened.

Think the rumor happened much earlier but regardless, it matters not. You assess a value on Moore based on where they coincidentally landed several months later. It's pure idiocy. Even if you wanted to place such a pretend value on a vet player, you'd need know the consensus of all teams not just 1.

Common sense should tell you if a team is going to give up a #15 draft pick for a vet WR. they'd want it to be a top 5 WR. Maybe a more desperate team would do it for any top 10 WR. No matter, cause Moore is not a top 10 WR.

No jackass. Again they were 3-5 at the trade deadline which was tied for 7th worse. So at the time it was clearly realistic that they could end up with a top 10 or 15 pick and the Pack were fine accepting that risk.

You are the one making up a value out of thin air as you are claiming common sense precisely because you have no actual evidence of your position.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that didnt happen. What actually happened is they offered their 1st round pick when they were tied for 7th worst and they finished with the 15th pick. So at no point were they ever in 30th pick range.

They were always in top 10, top 15 range. Just because that blowd up your narrative doesnt mean you can just make up shit that never happened.
As I recall, Packers were going hard for Waller and Claypool. Moore's name got thrown in but seemed more like rumor than real strong push. It's the Claypool thing that makes your incredibly weak argument fall apart though. Both Packers and Bears offered a 2nd round pick for him. Packers were even willing to throw in an additional late round pick. Steelers accepted Bears' trade cause they felt, as many did, Packers would make a second half push and end up in the playoffs. Thus the Bears pick would be much higher cause you aren't getting a top 15 pick from a playoff team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I recall, Packers were going hard for Waller and Claypool. Moore's name got thrown in but seemed more like rumor than real strong push. It's the Claypool thing that makes your incredibly weak argument fall apart though. Both Packers and Bears offered a 2nd round pick for him. Packers were even willing to throw in an additional late round pick. Steelers accepted Bears' trade cause they felt, as many did, Packers would make a second half push and end up in the playoffs. Thus the Bears pick would be much higher cause you aren't getting a top 15 pick from a playoff team.

No they felt the Pack would finish ahead of the Bears which they did. No playoff push required. You are just making that up.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they felt the Pack would finish ahead of the Bears which they did. No playoff push required. You are just making that up.
No, I could easily find a link for that but would first like to know if you consider Moore a top 10 WR, cause there's no way you could expect a team to give up that high a draft pick for a vet WR who isn't even considered to be top 10.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers attempted to trade for Darren Waller, D.J. Moore before deadline

Reporting from both outlets makes it clear: the Packers’ top option and “primary focus” at the deadline was Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Chase Claypool, who ended up going to the Chicago Bears for a second-round pick.

Schefter reports the Packers were willing to give up a second-round pick and a later-round pick for Claypool, but the Steelers eventually went with the Bears’ offer because the team believes Green Bay will get its season turned around and instead wanted Chicago’s second-rounder.