If Mahomes wins the Super Bowl tonight

Liked Posts:
Pace will be like this....

UnfitWeirdIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No matter the outcome Pace looks bad either way.

Lynch getting all those picks from Pace and winning the SB three years later...man, that looks bad.

In b4, "The picks he got from Pace didn't amount to much."

It doesn't matter. Lynch seems to realize that things don't always work out and having some playing room with additional picks is paramount. Pace seems to think "getting his guy" is always going to be a home run and he doesn't have a safety net.

Pace is one of these dudes that if you give him enough rope he'll hang himself.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace will be like this....

UnfitWeirdIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

The Say My Name Mitch Bowl between Watson and Mahomes would've done that by now. In the whole Stages Of Grief thing, I think Pace is at Anger & Bargaining which means he's signing a veteran this offseason.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I know we're Bears fans, so we have to hear about Pace taking Trubisky instead of Mahomes but why does nobody ever talk about....

The Browns passed on Mahomes in 2017, proceeded to take Deshone Kizer, and go 0-16 that season. They got Baker Mayfield the next season, but he actually was a WORSE QB than Trubisky in 2019.

The 49ers passed on Mahomes in 2017, proceeded to trade a 2nd round pick for Garoppolo, which has worked out with a Superbowl berth, but they could be getting better production on a rookie contract instead of 137Mil for Jimmy G.

The Jaguars passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to Blake Bortles who did almost take them to the Superbowl that year. But obviously, that move was a huge mistake as they still need a QB after 2 disasterous seasons since.

The Titans passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to Marcus Mariota. Now to be fair, Mariota was just drafted #2, 2 years prior and the jury was still out on him at this time. But now Mariota is a bust and they are going to have to pay huge money to Ryan Tannehill.

The Jets passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to 38-year old, Josh McCown. Ended up taking a QB the next year, and Sam Darnold has also been worse than Trubisky the last 2 years.

The Bills traded the pick that was used on Mahomes in 2017, they somehow made the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor that year, later picked Josh Allen, who led them to the playoffs this year. But if they had Mahomes with that defense? I think they'd be in Miami right now.

The Chargers, Panthers, and Bengals also passed on Mahomes in 2017. All had QBs in place, though you can argue that the Bengals could have easily drafted Mahomes to develop behind Dalton (they picked bust, John Ross) and he'd have taken over for him by now to much more success. All 3 need QBs now before Mahomes rookie deal is up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know we're Bears fans, so we have to hear about Pace taking Trubisky instead of Mahomes but why does nobody ever talk about....

The Browns passed on Mahomes in 2017, proceeded to take Deshone Kizer, and go 0-16 that season. They got Baker Mayfield the next season, but he actually was a WORSE QB than Trubisky in 2019.

The 49ers passed on Mahomes in 2017, proceeded to trade a 2nd round pick for Garoppolo, which has worked out with a Superbowl berth, but they could be getting better production on a rookie contract instead of 137Mil for Jimmy G.

The Jaguars passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to Blake Bortles who did almost take them to the Superbowl that year. But obviously, that move was a huge mistake as they still need a QB after 2 disasterous seasons since.

The Titans passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to Marcus Mariota. Now to be fair, Mariota was just drafted #2, 2 years prior and the jury was still out on him at this time. But now Mariota is a bust and they are going to have to pay huge money to Ryan Tannehill.

The Jets passed on Mahomes in 2017, leaving the job to 38-year old, Josh McCown. Ended up taking a QB the next year, and Sam Darnold has also been worse than Trubisky the last 2 years.

The Bills traded the pick that was used on Mahomes in 2017, they somehow made the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor that year, later picked Josh Allen, who led them to the playoffs this year. But if they had Mahomes with that defense? I think they'd be in Miami right now.

The Chargers, Panthers, and Bengals also passed on Mahomes in 2017. All had QBs in place, though you can argue that the Bengals could have easily drafted Mahomes to develop behind Dalton (they picked bust, John Ross) and he'd have taken over for him by now to much more success. All 3 need QBs now before Mahomes rookie deal is up.

Outside of SF, your list should be a wake up call. You listed a "who's who" of historically bad franchises and correlated them with the Bears.

I mean, being on any list with the Browns, Bills, Jets and Chargers should tell us something. We're only missing the Lions and Bengals.

coolio

Liked Posts:

Lynch getting all those picks from Pace and winning the SB three years later...man, that looks bad.

It doesn't matter. Lynch seems to realize that things don't always work out and having some playing room with additional picks is paramount. Pace seems to think "getting his guy" is always going to be a home run and he doesn't have a safety net.

He often cites that he goes in with no regrets, this is a problem with him because it looks like he doesn't weigh risks when he makes big decisions.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
SF will win this game I think but none of it makes Pace or the Bears look bad. Mahommy would suck here and SF blew them picks bad. I'm sure the fab 5 of the board will blame Pace no matter who wins anyway.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SF will win this game I think but none of it makes Pace or the Bears look bad. Mahommy would suck here and SF blew them picks bad. I'm sure the fab 5 of the board will blame Pace no matter who wins anyway.

Fab 5.

:deer:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Yep. And another thing pace lovers dont realize is how valuable those picks were. One of them turned in to kamara. Lynch won the trade hands down.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Dude... Get a grip. Just a reminder, the GOAT went in the 6th round. Imagine that and relax.
Apples to oranges. Belichick made brady. Not the case with mahomes. Guy was a stud going in and passing on him is equivalent to passing on MJ.