If Melo chose to come to Bulls, would Bulls fans be grateful or parochial?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, I will ask you to please name the available players he didn't recruit?

My point is he didn't recruit anyone. He said he will never recruit anyone to play in Chicago. I'm not asking the guy to wave a banner with a potential free agent's face on it and make out with the guy -- but being present at a meeting with that player and his agent could go a long way to show that player that he's wanted and that Rose would be excited to play with him. Whether Rose likes it or not, that's the way of the NBA. All of these guys grew up together playing AAU ball with or against each other. If he's not willing to adapt, then he'll retire without any rings, that's that simple. He's letting his pride get in the way.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...says-recruiting-not-a-part-of-repertoire.html

“I don’t think so,’’ Rose said when asked if he would start looking for help from another superstar to lighten his load. “I don’t think I will ever recruit.If you’re a hooper and you know as a basketball player if you can play with someone, I don’t think it’s a problem with just coming to a team. . . . I’ll play with anyone. And I think I can play with anyone. But I’ll never recruit.’’

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
My point is he didn't recruit anyone. He said he will never recruit anyone to play in Chicago. I'm not asking the guy to wave a banner with a potential free agent's face on it and make out with the guy -- but being present at a meeting with that player and his agent could go a long way to show that player that he's wanted and that Rose would be excited to play with him. Whether Rose likes it or not, that's the way of the NBA. All of these guys grew up together playing AAU ball with or against each other. If he's not willing to adapt, then he'll retire without any rings, that's that simple. He's letting his pride get in the way.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...says-recruiting-not-a-part-of-repertoire.html
I understand what his public quotes are in regards to recruiting. Houheffna educated me on his comment a couple months ago. My point is.....What particular available players did he not recruit?

You won't answer me because the answer is....NOBODY.

Matter of fact, why are you not acknowledging the recent reports about Rose's camp attempting to get LMA in a Chicago Bulls uniform?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I understand what his public quotes are in regards to recruiting. Houheffna educated me on his comment a couple months ago. My point is.....What particular available players did he not recruit?

You won't answer me because the answer is....NOBODY.

Matter of fact, why are you not acknowledging the recent reports about Rose's camp attempting to get LMA in a Chicago Bulls uniform?

Rose has been in a Bulls uniform since 2008 and he's never made an attempt to bring anyone in to play with him. That's a fact. Whether it was Amar'e, Carmelo, Joe Johnson, Boozer, whoever... my point remains the same -- ROSE ISN'T GOING TO RECRUIT ANYONE!!! What part of that are you not understanding. It doesn't fucking matter if Michael Jordan in his prime was a free agent, Derrick Rose has made it abundantly clear that he wants no part in talking with free agents. If your franchise player isn't excited about other star players potentially coming to play with him and making the team better and if he isn't willing to make a concerted effort to help that cause, that's an enormous problem.

And there has never been a rumor that Rose nor his party are trying to get Aldridge. Over the summer, Aldridge said that he wouldn't mind playing for the Bulls. Aldridge is under contract through next season, therefore having zero ability to demand anything. Besides, I highly doubt Aldridge wants to leave Portland, he's the best player on a great team loaded with young talent that's under rookie deals for several more seasons. He can still command a max deal going into next season and they'll be able to keep the core of Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Lopez, McCollum and Lillard together for at least a few more years. So, do you think he'd rather play with those guys or Rose (maybe, if he ever plays again), Noah, Butler, probably not Boozer since he'll either be amnestied or gone, and Gibson? I think I'd pass on that.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And besides, Aldridge should already be a Bull, but the FO fucked that up when they traded him for Tyrus Thomas. Whoops!

Liked Posts:
It depends on results and performance. The fans want to not just win but legitimately contend. The fans don't want Chicago to be Carmelo's next canvas to Jack up 30 shots per game en route to the team being meh. What has to happen to facilitate contending, while having Carmelo, is dumping Boozer. They can't have Boozer and Carmelo's defense on the court at the same time. And unless they amnesty Boozer, this is a big obstacle.

I'm not a big fan of Carmelo but I'd be ok with this provided that they dump Boozer. A line up of Augustin-Butler-Anthony-Gibson-Noah could make some noise if they were to trade for him. If they sign him as a FA and Rose is back a lineup of Rose-Butler-Anthony-Gibson-Noah wouldn't be bad.

I am a little concerned that Carmelo might declining quickly after we give him a lot of money, however.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Rose has been in a Bulls uniform since 2008 and he's never made an attempt to bring anyone in to play with him. That's a fact. Whether it was Amar'e, Carmelo, Joe Johnson, Boozer, whoever... my point remains the same -- ROSE ISN'T GOING TO RECRUIT ANYONE!!!
Amare was given a $100 million deal by the Knicks. Carmelo ONLY wanted to play for the Knicks. Joe Johnson was given the FULL MAX by Atlanta.

Boozer signed with Rose & the Bulls.

Name me an available player that is not on our team because he didn't recruit or drop it.

What part of that are you not understanding.
Until you name me available players that are not on the Bulls because he didn't recruit, it is you that is "not understanding".

It doesn't fucking matter if Michael Jordan in his prime was a free agent, Derrick Rose has made it abundantly clear that he wants no part in talking with free agents. If your franchise player isn't excited about other star players potentially coming to play with him and making the team better and if he isn't willing to make a concerted effort to help that cause, that's an enormous problem.
Dude, name the players that are not on the Bulls because he didn't recruit?

And there has never been a rumor that Rose nor his party are trying to get Aldridge. Over the summer, Aldridge said that he wouldn't mind playing for the Bulls. Aldridge is under contract through next season, therefore having zero ability to demand anything. Besides, I highly doubt Aldridge wants to leave Portland, he's the best player on a great team loaded with young talent that's under rookie deals for several more seasons. He can still command a max deal going into next season and they'll be able to keep the core of Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Lopez, McCollum and Lillard together for at least a few more years. So, do you think he'd rather play with those guys or Rose (maybe, if he ever plays again), Noah, Butler, probably not Boozer since he'll either be amnestied or gone, and Gibson? I think I'd pass on that.
Let me educate you:

http://www.blogabull.com/2013/7/9/4...rumors-agents-working-to-get-portland-star-to
KC Johnson:

sources said the Bulls continue to rebuff attempts by the shared agency of Rose and LaMarcus Aldridge to bring the Trail Blazers' All-Star forward to Chicago. Sources said the Bulls have been unwilling to discuss a deal of Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler for Aldridge
I suppose it's a factor of how reliable these reporters think the sources are with this information, because to me it's kind of burying the lead: Derrick Rose's agents are trying to get LaMarcus Aldridge to Chicago? To me that's more substantive evidence of Aldridge's exit plan than the rumors that he was merely potentially unhappy there. While such agent (Arn Tellem, the one-time summer-sleepaway-camp-canoe-partner of Jerry Reinsdorf) shenanigans are commonplace in the big power brokering of the NBA, they seems to rarely involve the Bulls. Rose, or at least his people, getting involved in the Bulls acquiring another All-Star is encouraging...in some ways. But though it could be seen as meddlesome I'm a fan of some kind of urgency being displayed somewhere.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Amare was given a $100 million deal by the Knicks. Carmelo ONLY wanted to play for the Knicks. Joe Johnson was given the FULL MAX by Atlanta.

Boozer signed with Rose & the Bulls.

Name me an available player that is not on our team because he didn't recruit or drop it.

Again... Derrick Rose isn't willing to try to help management recruit anyone -- so the point is moot. He won't be an asset in that regard. Why doesn't it matter that none of those players "didn't" come because they weren't recruited. Even if they were on the fence about coming to Chicago, which Joe Johnson was, Derrick Rose wouldn't have been an asset.

Until you name me available players that are not on the Bulls because he didn't recruit, it is you that is "not understanding".

Dude, name the players that are not on the Bulls because he didn't recruit?

I'm understanding everything just fine -- I understand that Derrick Rose won't recruit anyone.

Again, here's Rose telling the media that he doesn't want to help recruit any free agents:

“I don’t think so,’’ Rose said when asked if he would start looking for help from another superstar to lighten his load. “I don’t think I will ever recruit.If you’re a hooper and you know as a basketball player if you can play with someone, I don’t think it’s a problem with just coming to a team. . . . I’ll play with anyone. And I think I can play with anyone. But I’ll never recruit.’’

LOLOLOL -- what'd you educate me on? An article that was written last summer? Those are "recent reports"? if that's the case, BREAKING NEWS! Pearl Harbor just got bombed! We had tons of threads about this over the summer and the rumor was quickly squashed by Aldridge. And again, the Blazers are loaded with young talent, a young coach, a hungry fan base and Aldridge is the best player on the team. Why would he leave there to play second fiddle to a guy who may or may not ever be an All-Star again?

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Again... Derrick Rose isn't willing to try to help management recruit anyone -- so the point is moot. He won't be an asset in that regard. Why doesn't it matter that none of those players "didn't" come because they weren't recruited. Even if they were on the fence about coming to Chicago, which Joe Johnson was, Derrick Rose wouldn't have been an asset.

I'm understanding everything just fine -- I understand that Derrick Rose won't recruit anyone.

Again, here's Rose telling the media that he doesn't want to help recruit any free agents:

LOLOLOL -- what'd you educate me on? An article that was written last summer? Those are "recent reports"? if that's the case, BREAKING NEWS! Pearl Harbor just got bombed! We had tons of threads about this over the summer and the rumor was quickly squashed by Aldridge. And again, the Blazers are loaded with young talent, a young coach, a hungry fan base and Aldridge is the best player on the team. Why would he leave there to play second fiddle to a guy who may or may not ever be an All-Star again?
You haven't shown me one single player that is not wearing a Bulls uniform because of Derrick Rose not recruiting. That means your position has absolutely no foundation. The public quote that he made years ago is just that....a public quote, But privately.............

His camp has indeed been recruiting, but you don't even acknowledge it because it doesn't fit your agenda/argument.

You stated that there was NEVER a rumor about Rose's camp recruiting Lamarcus Aldridge. I just showed it to you.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you're wrong on an internet message board.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You haven't shown me one single player that is not wearing a Bulls uniform because of Derrick Rose not recruiting. That means your position has absolutely no foundation. The public quote that he made years ago is just that....a public quote, But privately.............

His camp has indeed been recruiting, but you don't even acknowledge it because it doesn't fit your agenda/argument.

You stated that there was NEVER a rumor about Rose's camp recruiting Lamarcus Aldridge. I just showed it to you.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you're wrong on an internet message board.

What do you mean years ago?! That quote was from December after he hurt his knee again!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE DATE ON THE ARTICLE I POSTED.

:andruw:

I have never once made the point that no free agents aren't in a Bulls uniform because they said, "Shit, I really wish Derrick Rose recruited me, that would've made me feel better about going to Chicago." My point, for the trillionth time, is that Derrick Rose isn't willing to utilize has status as an NBA superstar to help sway players to come to Chicago. That, in my opinion, is a problem. His quotes back up my point.

And how on Earth does anyone know what Derrick Rose does or says in his private life? That instance is totally irrelevant. Clearly, he's telling the public and media that he's not willing to recruit anyone. Just like us, no other NBA players/personnel know what he says or does in his private life. And if you're using one media report to say that Derrick Rose's posse of goons is trying to recruit guys to play in Chicago, you're nuts. All his guys have done is complained about the way the Bulls handled his ACL injury. That's the only thing I've seen in the media.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ok, what's your point?

He still went to Miami because he couldn't handle the pressure of winning without a team laden with stars.

What makes you think Melo will leave NY to go to a team where he has all the pressure? He might as well stay in NY, he is looking to play with other stars...he is looking for a winning situation, just like Lebron did.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Carmelo Anthony only wanted to be traded to the Knicks when he was still in Denver. Lebron, Bosh, & Wade had already pre-planned to play together. Amare was offered a ridiculous $100 million contract from the Knicks. Joe Johnson was offered the full max from Atlanta. Dwight Howard did not want to come to Chicago under any circumstances.

Can you please name the players that were available that Derrick Rose didn't recruit to the Bulls?

I posted that I answered that but you acknowledged that already. If he said he doesn't recruit...don't you think there is a slight chance he was...ASKED? That is why the statement was made. I am sure the Bulls would have welcomed Rose taking that trip to Akron with management to talk to Lebron.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I posted that I answered that but you acknowledged that already. If he said he doesn't recruit...don't you think there is a slight chance he was...ASKED? That is why the statement was made. I am sure the Bulls would have welcomed Rose taking that trip to Akron with management to talk to Lebron.
Now that I think about it, I also asked you numerous times to name a player.

Just like the other poster in this thread, you were unable to do it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

What makes you think a player gives a damn what Rose camp wants? Rose's camp aint Rose! Michael Jordan recruited...took players out to dinner, etc. And he wasn't asked! If Jordan can do it, Lebron does it, most stars do it....hell, all of them from what I know...Rose should be more open to it.

But I think you are missing the point. Rose is delusional enough to think he can do it without another top 5, 10 player. He thought (pre-injury) he could manage on his own. I don't think so.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Now that I think about it, I also asked you numerous times to name a player.

Just like the other poster in this thread, you were unable to do it.

LOL, if anyone has an agenda here, its you. When the words are there, why is there an argument? Dude doesn't want to talk to other players.

For me to name you a player...I would have to know all of the players they tried to recruit...which means I would be working at the Berto Center. Don't think you, I or anyone knows who the Bulls have spoken to in the past. Remember, nobody would know about their talking to Kobe if he didn't mention a "mystery team" at his press conference resigning with the Lakers.

You wanting people to name you a player he DIDN'T RECRUIT, I don't have to..because he STATED THAT HE DOESN'T RECRUIT! As for your Aldridge talk, that was Arm Tellum, I have told you that before. Arm Tellum and Jerry Reinsdorf have a good relationship. That was his doing. You are seriously reaching, and preaching the same sermon all over again here.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
What makes you think a player gives a damn what Rose camp wants? Rose's camp aint Rose!.
:lmao: Yet you're pissed at Rose because of his "camp's" words and rumors of his "camp's" words.

Michael Jordan recruited...took players out to dinner, etc. And he wasn't asked! If Jordan can do it, Lebron does it, most stars do it....hell, all of them from what I know...Rose should be more open to it.
MJ did it after he was in the league for years as the best player to ever lace em up. Rose was basically a fuckin rookie in the summer of 2010.

But I think you are missing the point. Rose is delusional enough to think he can do it without another top 5, 10 player. He thought (pre-injury) he could manage on his own. I don't think so.
GarPax thought that Rose could do it without another top 5, 10 player.

Thankfully, Pax admitted during his recent press conference that he was wrong.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
:lmao: Yet you're pissed at Rose because of his "camp's" words and rumors of his "camp's" words.

MJ did it after he was in the league for years as the best player to ever lace em up. Rose was basically a fuckin rookie in the summer of 2010.

GarPax thought that Rose could do it without another top 5, 10 player.

Thankfully, Pax admitted during his recent press conference that he was wrong.

I want his camp to STFU! I want them to stop talking to the press. What that has to do with the current debate is beyond me. But fall over laughing at irrelevance, whatever works for you.

In 2010, Rose was a fuckin rookie, in 2013, Rose was a MVP, just like Jordan! That is when he stated that he wouldn't recruit. The point is, if ANYBODY shouldn't have had to recruit, it was Michael Jordan! He was the best player in the game! He was a global superstar whose fame was only surpassed by Michael Jackson.

KC Johnson stated numerous times on the score that Rose thought he could do it on his own...Paxgar thought they could build around him...after they got turned down by how many superstars??? Why get on a plane and go to Akron if you think Rose can do it alone. Why talk to Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson...inquire about Carmelo before the NY trade...if you think Rose can do it alone. But its interesting that you buy into Paxson's words but when Rose's words are posted, you disregard them.

What makes your argument a bit sad is that you persist in asking who Rose didn't recruit, the answer, according to his own words is....NOBODY! That is a horrible argument...that's like someone coming out of the closet and you don't believe them because YOU haven't seen them with a member of the same sex. Why would the person state something like that if its not true? Why would a person bring negative publicity on themselves?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
For the most part so long as he didn't say he was 'bringing is talent to West Madison' I think fans would welcome him. We didn't have a big problem with Bill Cartwright, Robert Parrish, James Edwards, John Salley or Dennis Rodman. Fans were just glad they contributed. I don't think anyone warmed up to John Starks or Greg Anthony but that's the way it goes.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I want his camp to STFU! I want them to stop talking to the press. What that has to do with the current debate is beyond me.
Rose's camp is not an extension of Rose when it fits your agenda, yet Roses camp is an extension of Rose when it fits your agenda. When you post things like...............

Rose's camp aint Rose!

.....Because you were shown that he (his camp) is recruiting, it makes me think back to your posts that showed your bitterness towards Rose because of what his camp is rumored to have said in regards to the talent around him.

That is called hypocrisy.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
What I am asking is would Melo be treated as a outsider in deference to Rose? This would go a long way in answering why free agents shun the Bulls.

I see no reason why anyone would assume that Melo would be treated badly in any way.
I also see no reason to think that Free Agents shun the Bulls.

As has been pointed out already, the few cases where top level FAs could have come to the Bulls in recent history all didn't happen for reasons outside the Bulls or their players control.

I don't recall any FA player having trouble with the Fans, Players, Coaches or Management after coming here.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Rose's camp is not an extension of Rose when it fits your agenda, yet Roses camp is an extension of Rose when it fits your agenda. When you post things like...............

.....Because you were shown that he (his camp) is recruiting, it makes me think back to your posts that showed your bitterness towards Rose because of what his camp is rumored to have said in regards to the talent around him.

That is called hypocrisy.

Yes, I do believe that his brother is talking for him to a certain extent when he talks to the media. No, I don't think Rose's camp trying to recruit a player (his camp is his agency...Arm Tellum, I have told you that too many times. David Falk never had to recruit for Jordan...that isn't the norm. Why? BECAUSE FALK AINT JORDAN!). The Aldridge situation was about Tellum, Aldridge and the front office. Rose saying "yeah, I'll play with him..." isn't recruiting. Good grief...

You are acting like a desperate troll, arguing with you is like chasing a kid around a car. No thanks.