If Poles gets an offer to trade back to 19…

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Poles should seriously consider one more move back in the first. Here’s how the Fields trade broke down which was a jump up from 20 to 11.

The Bears sent the No. 20 overall pick and a fifth-rounder that year (No. 164 overall) in addition to their 2022 first and fourth round picks.

If the Bucs want to come up from 19, I think the package the Bears gave up in ‘21 would be appealing to Poles. He might even be able to improve the the 2023 second pick to the 4th round. It might take a QB falling to 9 to entice the Bucs to call. Maybe it’s Levis.

Bottom line with the above trade, he would control the 2024 draft and have the flexibility to almost guarantee he could maneuver for Marvin Harrison Jr. Otherwise, he’d have a shot to add three blue chip talents to a young and hopefully ascending team.

It’s certainly interesting to imagine how that scenario would play out.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Thrust here.

How can anybody say trade down when nobody knows exactly how the picks ahead of us have fallen yet?

Trading the first overall to fleece a team is a hell of a lot easier then just saying "we should trade down from nine when we don't even know who's still on the board at nine, derp derp"

Do you buy hemorrhoids medicine before you get hemorrhoids? Same concept

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thrust here.

How can anybody say trade down when nobody knows exactly how the picks ahead of us have fallen yet?

Trading the first overall to fleece a team is a hell of a lot easier then just saying "we should trade down from nine when we don't even know who's still on the board at nine, derp derp"

Do you buy hemorrhoids medicine before you get hemorrhoids? Same concept
Always be prepared for any contingency Mr. Thrust…

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Buccaneers would be my favorite trade down because I think they'll finish top ten with a rookie QB without Tom Brady. That gives Bears two potential top ten picks in 2024 with Panthers pick as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles should seriously consider one more move back in the first. Here’s how the Fields trade broke down which was a jump up from 20 to 11.

The Bears sent the No. 20 overall pick and a fifth-rounder that year (No. 164 overall) in addition to their 2022 first and fourth round picks.

If the Bucs want to come up from 19, I think the package the Bears gave up in ‘21 would be appealing to Poles. He might even be able to improve the the 2023 second pick to the 4th round. It might take a QB falling to 9 to entice the Bucs to call. Maybe it’s Levis.

Bottom line with the above trade, he would control the 2024 draft and have the flexibility to almost guarantee he could maneuver for Marvin Harrison Jr. Otherwise, he’d have a shot to add three blue chip talents to a young and hopefully ascending team.

Ultimately it is dependent on who is available at 9 and if he is viewed as a game changer by the Bears org. Stockpiling picks is fine, but not at the expense of a season altering player. Bears can potentially compete for a playoff spot and could be a season removed from possibly winning the division.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'd be talking about Levis as only a QB will get that sort of overpay and he's likely the only one left if any of the top 4. Does he garner the same overpay the Bears gave for Fields? Unfortunately, I don't think so as he doesn't represent the same sort of precipitance drop but he's a QB and anything goes. Would be nice to have offers from TN, TB and WA.

To be honest, I'm hoping a DL player falls to where it makes a trade down moot.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

I don't expect any movement up or down until draft night. Even then, it is dependent on so many factors, most of which the Bears cannot control, rendering any attempt at predicting what will happen as an exercise in futility.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its pretty unlikely the Bears get an offer at #9. Maybe Richardson falls but I think there will be 4 QBs off the board by the time the Bears pick.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
The most likely position teams would move up to #9 for are CB and WR. There really is an excellent group of three CB in this draft. I also get the feeling teams are being purposely quiet on Njigba and Johnson at WR.

If those are the parameters, who are the likely trade partners?

Steelers at 17 look like a match. They lost a starting CB in free agency and replaced him with soon to be 33 year old Patrick Peterson. The other side corner is vacant. The Steelers have a full seven picks in the draft in each of the next 2 years and since they are always good, a future #1 isn't as dear as it might be with other teams.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Definitely depends on how the draft falls. I could definitely see another trade back. Like Mighty Joe said, I would definitely like to get back into the second or early third with the 24 1st also. I'd say we would have to add a late rounder or two to make it happen. late 1st, second and third round is where all the O and Dline value is. The only way I dont trade down is if Carter or Anderson is still there.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't expect any movement up or down until draft night. Even then, it is dependent on so many factors, most of which the Bears cannot control, rendering any attempt at predicting what will happen as an exercise in futility.
What I described would definitely be a draft day scenario.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Always be prepared for any contingency Mr. Thrust…
Thrust here.

It's Mr. Fontaine. And only my close friends call me Thrust. And all my close friends are men.

Men's men. Men who chew tobacco, fix on cars, and love action movies before they became more feminine then the tampon isle at a grocery store.

Real men don't eat English muffins.

Remember that

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thrust here.

It's Mr. Fontaine. And only my close friends call me Thrust. And all my close friends are men.

Men's men. Men who chew tobacco, fix on cars, and love action movies before they became more feminine then the tampon isle at a grocery store.

Real men don't eat English muffins.

Remember that
Fuck, I’m at the grocery store buying English muffins. Wheat too not white…

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

It could happen if a premium player fell a bit and someone else was in love with them, but, yes, I do think it's an unlikely scenario.

Then again, weird stuff happens on draft night.