If the Bears win out, do you keep the band together?

If the Bears win the rest of their games, do you bring back the coaching staff?

• Total voters

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's delusional to even think winning out is a possibility
well, they havent lost those games yet, so therefore it is a possibility.

Let me check the script and get back to you on that one!

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't think there's precedent for a non-interim HC taking a demotion to coordinator.
I don't think it's ever happened. not with the same team.

the best case scenario would be stringing together all the skills and powers to actually defeat the Packers to squash their playoff hopes. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened. finishing against the Lions would also be a step in the right direction.

did you ever think you'd see the Bears finish 3-3 in the division again?

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Unless you can get Jim Harbaugh, yes.

Let's not conflate that as an endorsement of Eberflus, which all signs and performance so far points to being fired, but winning out puts them at 9-8 and only the second winning season for the Bears since Lovie, and most likely a wildcard berth, and you're not going to trade that in for another unknown head coach.

That basically means he's pulled the opposite of a Trestman, and he'd get a shot to follow it up with season 3.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there's a better chance that Ginny brings back the honey bears w/o uniforms then this happening.
At that point, I would definitely pay closer attention to bears games. Or at least the sidelines

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think there's precedent for a non-interim HC taking a demotion to coordinator.
Of course not - Flus is under contract that states Flus is the HC - If the Bears break the contract by firing him as HC - The Bears are still on the hook for the salary. If they wanted to bring him back as DC it would have to be under a new HC and a different contract as a DC-
There is no demoting in contracts - Very specific in duties and responsibilities- Who in the fk would sign something that says;“Yea I’m good if you all want to demote me”?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This is how it works.

The Bears blow a few games in a row and make unforgiveable mistakes (both players & coaches), and everyone calls for mid-season firings.

The Bears win ONE game, and let's bring everyone back.

Remind me. In two seasons, has Eberflus ever had a winning streak?

Remind me. How has Getsy's offense looked?

1-9 against NFC North teams. That's taking the North and never giving it back, baby!

Seriously, if these guys had to re-interview for their jobs, who's coming out of that saying, "Yes! That's the guy who's taking us to a Super Bowl!"

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
TO me if they win out it means the coaches and Fields improved a lot. It would also be a higher win result than what was expected.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is how it works.

The Bears blow a few games in a row and make unforgiveable mistakes (both players & coaches), and everyone calls for mid-season firings.

The Bears win ONE game, and let's bring everyone back.

Remind me. In two seasons, has Eberflus ever had a winning streak?

Remind me. How has Getsy's offense looked?

1-9 against NFC North teams. That's taking the North and never giving it back, baby!

Seriously, if these guys had to re-interview for their jobs, who's coming out of that saying, "Yes! That's the guy who's taking us to a Super Bowl!"

Eberflus has never had back to back wins as a Bears coach.

Last time the Bears won 4 or more in a row was 2018. So the concept of "winning out" is hilarious at this point.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
We sure as shit aren't winning out, but I could see us beating for instance the Browns without Watson and the Vikings without Cousins (again) and the coaching staff trying to say that the needle is pointing up. I just hope Poles/Warren doesn't buy that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think there's a better chance that Ginny brings back the honey bears w/o uniforms then this happening.
Seeing that the last time that the Honey Bears were on the field was Super Bowl XX, Ginny might decide that it is a good idea, after watching The Golden Bachelor, for 60+ year old women to find love in their golden years.

What I found interesting is the The Honey Bears became the Lovabulls, making them one of very few groups of people who were involved in, as the Honey Bear director Cathy Core said,

"Not many people can say they've been involved with two franchises in different sports where both teams won a world championship," Core told the Tribune back in 1997. "That's something I'm very proud of."

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
God no. It would be so Bears to do that but you dont let a handful of wins at the end of the season against dregs and teams that have given up on the year change what was a blown season/disaster when the games mattered.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Can the Bears be innovators?

"You have a contract with us, so instead of us paying you to sit at home, we are going to demote you and force you to work as the DC."

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want the coaches gone.

I'm honestly tired of playing the "well, since the Bears are stupid, what OC could we get?" game.

I want the Bears to get the coaching and staff right for once in my lifetime.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking more and more like we should reboot from the HC down through the QB. I might change my mind about Fields by then by he's still holding too long and not seeing things he should be. People are down on Mooney but he's been open a lot in the 2nd 1/2 and just not getting thrown at. We may lose him over it. Drafting a top 2 WR won't help you if your QB won't throw the middle. Does Fields ignore #2 next year if actually becomes the #2.

Oh no! Not Mooney! Whatever shall we do?!? 🙄🙄🙄

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We sure as shit aren't winning out, but I could see us beating for instance the Browns without Watson and the Vikings without Cousins (again) and the coaching staff trying to say that the needle is pointing up. I just hope Poles/Warren doesn't buy that.

How many times do you think the Bears will get to play the Vikings again this season? They’ve already faced them twice. I doubt the nfl is going to let the Bears be an exception, shuffle the schedule, and let the vikes and bears duke it out in a field goal competition more than the divisional requisite two times a season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
That's like asking if a 300 lb chick lost 150 lbs would she be attractive. It's so unlikely that I will address that when it happens.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's like asking if a 300 lb chick lost 150 lbs would she be attractive. It's so unlikely that I will address that when it happens.
You really aren't following the semaglutide craze overtaking the nation these days.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'm out on Flus and have been for awhile now. We need an offensive minded HC to help develop either Fields or his replacement. It's time to move on.