If the Bears win out, do you keep the band together?

If the Bears win the rest of their games, do you bring back the coaching staff?

• Total voters

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
How many times do you think the Bears will get to play the Vikings again this season? They’ve already faced them twice. I doubt the nfl is going to let the Bears be an exception, shuffle the schedule, and let the vikes and bears duke it out in a field goal competition more than the divisional requisite two times a season.
Damn, my bad. For some reason I thought we already played the Lions twice and not the Vikings. I blame the postgame booze.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck no. 1.) they are not going to win out, they will be lucky to win one more game. 2.) The 'defense' collapsed against the Lions and looked "better" against Bryce Young and Josh Dobbs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense has shown flashes of being average.

The offensive game plan makes me want to go out and kick small dogs.

Special teams is fine.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Quarterbacks the Bears have defeated under Matt Eberflus:

-Trey Lance
-Davis Mills
-Bailey Zappe
-Sam Howell
-Brian Hoyer
-Bryce Young
-Josh Dobbs

What about that makes anyone think Eberflus and these coaches will take the Bears to the Super Bowl?

This isn't an office job. You don't keep someone employed just because they haven't assaulted the receptionist. You fire the coaches if they're not the ones to take you to the promised land.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Quarterbacks the Bears have defeated under Matt Eberflus:

-Trey Lance
-Davis Mills
-Bailey Zappe
-Sam Howell
-Brian Hoyer
-Bryce Young
-Josh Dobbs

What about that makes anyone think Eberflus and these coaches will take the Bears to the Super Bowl?

This isn't an office job. You don't keep someone employed just because they haven't assaulted the receptionist. You fire the coaches if they're not the ones to take you to the promised land.
That's why I am not even sold on how well he has handled the defense since taking over. The Bears have had an incredibly easy schedule of facing bad QBs.

chi

Liked Posts:
Getsy for sure has to go. How he refuses to not build the offense around fields strengths is insane. He can’t call a series of plays that make sense. He has some Nagy in him where a few things are working and he tries to get cute for a loss. Having said that if we don’t replace Flus who would want to come here for possibly 1 year?

As for Flus if you can find a better head coach you 100% have to replace him. If you aren’t sure then you should keep him. Keep adding talent to the team and fire him next year if he doesn’t show in game improvements. I always knew this rebuild was going to be three years and didn’t think we would win more then a handful of games this year.

Having said that the two coordinators he hand picked have been trash. Williams isn’t with the team anymore. I don’t think that can be ignored. I would probably fire him and start fresh. Don’t really care if it’s defensive or offensive minded.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh no! Not Mooney! Whatever shall we do?!? 🙄🙄🙄
Get a taller high draft or FA guy for no production and further compound the value equation.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The simple answer is yes. And I think the roster is looking good enough to compete with the rest of the opponents on the schedule. With that saud, I think there is a less than 5% chance of that happening. Flus has shown that he does not know how to manage a lead when he gets one. His game management is terrible. Once we have a lead, he hunkers down and gets ultra conservative. This stubborness will cost him again and ultimately be the nail in the coffin for him

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The defense has shown flashes of being average.

The offensive game plan makes me want to go out and kick small dogs.

Special teams is fine.
That is basically it. Average defenses can still play well against bad offenses. We used to have a terrible defense that still played bad against other bad offenses.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So many straw-man arguments and overreactions to a simple discussion point. No one is clamoring for Eberflus or anyone else back. No one is making a claim that they're going to win out either. It was a simple "what-if" discussion. People post dozens of mock drafts and they're never even close to what actually transpires. I can't stand them, I never read them, and I know they're complete BS. When those threads come along, I don't bitch about them; I just ignore them. For those getting bent out of shape, have a Coke and a Smile.