If the draft falls this way... Who you taking?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you're Phil, who are you picking if the draft falls this way? And for fun lets say trades are not an option.
You must make a pick. Who you taking and why? (yes, this is Kiper's 1st mock)

1. Johnny Manziel
2. Jake Matthews
3. Jadeveon Clowney
4. Blake Bortles
5. Sammy Watkins
6. Anthony Barr
7. Khalil Mack
8. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Greg Robinson
10. Justin Gilbert
11. Taylor Lewan
12. C.J. Mosley
13. Mike Evans
14. ????????

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would be picking Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. It would be tough to pass up some of the good DT's available but I think this draft is deep at that position. Should be able to pick up a DT in round 2 or 3. Safety looks like a wasteland after round 1. Ha Ha fits a need and the value is there. So that's my pick.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would depend on how my scouting department graded out the remaining draft picks. The nice thing about having so many holes on Defense, you can literally go with the best graded remaining Defensive player and it be a win win.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I would be picking Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. It would be tough to pass up some of the good DT's available but I think this draft is deep at that position. Should be able to pick up a DT in round 2 or 3. Safety looks like a wasteland after round 1. Ha Ha fits a need and the value is there. So that's my pick.

A wasteland? It's one of the deepest positions in the draft. Calvin Pryor, Deone Bucannon, Ahmad Dixon, Dion Bailey, Terrence Brooks...there are going to be some very good safeties available through the fourth or fifth round.

Man

Liked Posts:
I take Louis Nix. He's the top rated DT on many boards. I'm not too fond of ND players, but the pick is a combination of need and available players.

However, if we re-sign Melton and Ratliff, then I go DE. In that case I probably go with Kony Ealy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A wasteland? It's one of the deepest positions in the draft. Calvin Pryor, Deone Bucannon, Ahmad Dixon, Dion Bailey, Terrence Brooks...there are going to be some very good safeties available through the fourth or fifth round.

OK, that's lovely... Post who you would pick please! :)

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hageman. I think with a line of Peppers, Hageman, Melton and Wootton our Run D problems are solved. And draft Skov in the 2nd and whether it's him or Williams in the middle and a healthy Briggs our Run D most definitely gets better. Having Hageman and Melton inside would be great for the pass rush too.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nix, that run D last year was just terribly frustrating to watch.

Nick80

From what you read and hear, it's best to build through the trenches, but a talent like Dennard (top rated CB prospect coming out, right?) it would be hard to pass that up. I'm with BF51 and Lance.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From what you read and hear, it's best to build through the trenches, but a talent like Dennard (top rated CB prospect coming out, right?) it would be hard to pass that up. I'm with BF51 and Lance.

Do you realize what you've done?!?! But yes, Dennard is the consensus #1 CB coming out, and I'd have no problem with that pick if it were to take place.

Nick80

Do you realize what you've done?!?! But yes, Dennard is the consensus #1 CB coming out, and I'd have no problem with that pick if it were to take place.

I'm aware, but in this instance, he is right. I do await for shit to hit the fan. It's Sunday, it's all good!