If the draft falls this way... Who you taking?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I"m all together curious as to why Sutton is weighing more than his playing weight from this season. Sutton has never been a lazy kid, he's been a guy who has played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career. He was a 245-pound freshman who came into the program and worked his ass off to get to the level he's at now.

ASU has a Pat Tillman practice jersey that goes to the player on the team who practices hard plays hard and does great things in the classroom and the weight room. The head coach at ASU (Todd Graham) takes discipline and leadership very seriously and in order to earn the jersey you have to perform every day, you don't earn the jersey for the week you earn on a per practice basis. Sutton held the jersey throughout most of the season by his demonstrated leadership and desire.

So he's never had the reputation of being lazy or a kid to take his position on the team lightly. If Sutton stock is hurt then he'll be a flat out bargain later in the draft because he doesn't have even the slightest character concerns.

Could be the kind of guy who pushes himself hard during practice but doesn't do it on his own and needs some structure. Sounds like he got a little lazy in between the bowl game & senior bowl.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It makes complete sense if you think of it in the context of where his talent fits with players you're familiar with. Sutton weighed in at 315 at the Senior Bowl and just a hair under 6-1.
Yes Sutton weighs 315, but he played his best ball in 2012 at 285.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The only thing I have hageman ahead of nix in is athletic potential. He also has significantly more risks with character, maturity, discipline, effort, etc.
This..........Hegeman is a great athlete, but he is a high risk/high reward type player. Boom or Bust.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think of Kony Ealy?

Beast. Not much different athletically from last year's #5 pick, Ezekiel Ansah (little lesser athlete). Same type of upside to me.