If the draft falls this way... Who you taking?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It's senseless to even think about corners and safeties until we fix the defensive line. The D line is what makes or breaks any defense. You need defensive lineman capable of causing disruption at the line of scrimage, otherwise linebackers will have to compensate in the running game and secondaries will be forced to cover for long periods of time because of the lack of pass rush.

Everything else is bell and whistles until we fix the defensive line.

Nix, Jernigan, Hagerman, Truitt, Ealy or Murphy would all be acceptable picks at number 14 in my mind. Even better if we can steal Aaron Donald in the second round.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I'm aware, but in this instance, he is right. I do await for shit to hit the fan. It's Sunday, it's all good!

Most people hate on BF51 based only on the amount of red bars he has. He does say some stupid shit from time to time that gets him disliked, but a lot of his posts actually make sense.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In today's game, pass rush and D line is just way more important than secondary play IMO. Either way I'd be happy though as I'm not one those that digs in on certain players/picks.

Nick80

Most people hate on BF51 based only on the amount of red bars he has. He does say some stupid shit from time to time that gets him disliked, but a lot of his posts actually make sense.

... Yeah apart from when he is being a hateful human being who enjoys shitting on people rather than just placing his point of view across ...

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
In today's game, pass rush and D line is just way more important than secondary play IMO. Either way I'd be happy though as I'm not one those that digs in on certain players/picks.

I'll be happy as long as Emery:

A) Takes a defensive player 14th overall and

B) That player has a first round Grade.

Wasn't Shea McClellin projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder? This is not the year for Emery to swing for the fences on some obscure first round pick.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
... Yeah apart from when he is being a hateful human being who enjoys shitting on people rather than just placing his point of view across ...

Pretty much. Red bars have nothing to do with it...being an ignorant sycophant however, that generally gets on people's nerves. Oh, and the trolling.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

I'm still rather new here compared to others. I've only seen the dude say some football Special person bull crap. I've never seen him display hatred as you say.

Nick80

Pretty much. Red bars have nothing to do with it...being an ignorant sycophant however, that generally gets on people's nerves. Oh, and the trolling.

I troll too, I'm no angel, but there are levels. I try and get on with people as best I can, I even made an effort with Ommy. He is Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllright!

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I troll too, I'm no angel, but there are levels. I try and get on with people as best I can, I even made an effort with Ommy. He is Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllright!

Lol, Ommy once tried to push me in as worst poster of the year when I made a case for picking up Tebow after Cutty went down. I envisioned McCown to be another Todd Collins at the time...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be happy as long as Emery:

A) Takes a defensive player 14th overall and

B) That player has a first round Grade.

Wasn't Shea McClellin projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder? This is not the year for Emery to swing for the fences on some obscure first round pick.

Rankings and ratings are all subjective and media driven though. We never get to see how teams actually rank/rate these prospects. As long as the draft is D heavy, I'll sit back and wait for next season to evaluate the picks.

With that said, I do have a few personal favorites that I hope they pick, but only time will tell.

Nick80

I'm still rather new here compared to others. I've only seen the dude say some football Special person bull crap. I've never seen him display hatred as you say.

Yeah, anyway, BF51 is only human and just recently he has had his speight of threads that have had some interest in them. I just read the majority. The one on the multiple fronts and D was interesting him and WCL had some good view thoughts on that. Hey I'm not perfect, there is plenty of douche in me too.

Anyway, back ontopic, I agree, I would like to see a D player with the first pick in this draft, tbh dependent on your P.O.V should be anything from D line - Linebacker - Secondary. It's similar to last year and the O. I'll stick with Dennard.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I was on the Dennard band wagon early until I re watched some games I DVR'd recently. Those wide open holes right up the middle of our defense were crazy. Although, I could like the Denard pick if Aaron Donald fell to our 2nd round pick and Emery adds Michael Bennett in free agency.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're Phil, who are you picking if the draft falls this way? And for fun lets say trades are not an option.
You must make a pick. Who you taking and why? (yes, this is Kiper's 1st mock)

1. Johnny Manziel
2. Jake Matthews
3. Jadeveon Clowney
4. Blake Bortles
5. Sammy Watkins
6. Anthony Barr
7. Khalil Mack
8. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Greg Robinson
10. Justin Gilbert
11. Taylor Lewan
12. C.J. Mosley
13. Mike Evans
14. ????????

Dennard.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Defense needs play-makers, not someone who will just take up space on the dline. If Dennard or Mosley fell to me, I'd take either one of them over any dline in this draft(except clowney).

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defense needs play-makers, not someone who will just take up space on the dline. If Dennard or Mosley fell to me, I'd take either one of them over any dline in this draft(except clowney).

Hageman interests me, but I would still go with Dennard if they both were on the board.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
In that situation we should be looking at two players: Kony Ealy and Dennard. It's a tough choice. I have Dennard rated slightly higher, but imo DE is a bigger need.

I'd probably be 51:49 on Dennard. Or Ealy... I don't know! Just pick one of them!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jernigan.

I would not be terribly unhappy with Hagemann or Dennard. I would try to be OK with Nix, but ND players are always overrated, and didn't he have an injury?

Safety is a deep position this year. I thought the consensus is that DT is NOT deep? Is that wrong?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Nix
Hageman
Ealy
Dennard

In that order. Love Dennard, but I don't like taking a top 15 CB unless I'm getting a Patrick Peterson, Joe Haden type of elite talent. I think Nix + Kyle Fuller or one of the Florida CBs > Dennard + Sutton or Donald who are undersized.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Free agency will stabilize the defensive end position and either Donald ,Sutton ,or Jernigan will be there in the second round. That's why I went with Dennard.

And you guys are obsessed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Free agency will stabilize the defensive end position and either Donald ,Sutton ,or Jernigan will be there in the second round. That's why I went with Dennard.

And you guys are obsessed.

U sure about that? They aren't going to sign 2 outside FAs. McClellin is already gone from DE. Peppers is probably going to be cut. Even if u re-sign Wootton and sign a top FA, your depth is still a pair of guys picked in the last 2 rounds.

And there's no chance Jernigan is there at 51. He's a 1st round pick or worse case is gone by 45. I don't see Sutton or Donald as fits.