If we land Jimmy G, who would you pick in the 1st round?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think M. Garrett is the obvious choice if he is there, which he probably will not be. J. Allen hasn't been getting too much love around here lately. Jamal Adams? Solomon Thomas? If CLE wants to trade up and we move back to pick 12 so they can land Trubisky if he's there (and we recoup some of the picks in the trade for Jimmy G), I'd love Derek Barnett if he is there.

I'd say Jamal Adams, but damn, 3 just seems like a very high pick for a Safety, but he (along with a FA like say Duron Harmon) would solidify that position for us for a long time.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Myles Garrett would be my first choice followed by Malik Hooker (FS).

After that one of Solomon Thomas (OLB), Derek Barnett (OLB) or Jamal Adams (SS) would be great as well. I'd hope the Bears would be able to trade back a little and still get one of the above and receive at least a 2nd rounder in the trade. Probably won't happen but it's what I hope to happen.

I am sure our current 2nd rounder is the minimum the Bears will need to give up in any trade for JG so getting another 2nd rounder in trading back would really complete an awesome first two rounds.

Jimmy Garoppolo + Solomon Thomas (OLB) and Obi Melifonwu (SS) or Budda Baker (FS).

B O O M!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we land JG, we won't have a first round pick.

AussieBear

id trade down in the first 3-4 times getting tons of extra picks..... n take Tanoh Kpassagnon late one..

Chinese

Liked Posts:
JAMAL ADAMS

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In order

Garrett
Allen
Adams

Allen and Adams could flip base on free agency or Allen's shoulder medicals.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Adams or Allen. Probably lean toward Adams because of no 2nd round pick. He's a stud at S and DL isn't as dire of a need. And with not having another pick until the 3rd, I wouldn't want to gamble on not filling a huge hole in the 1st.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think M. Garrett is the obvious choice if he is there, which he probably will not be. J. Allen hasn't been getting too much love around here lately. Jamal Adams? Solomon Thomas? If CLE wants to trade up and we move back to pick 12 so they can land Trubisky if he's there (and we recoup some of the picks in the trade for Jimmy G), I'd love Derek Barnett if he is there.

I'd say Jamal Adams, but damn, 3 just seems like a very high pick for a Safety, but he (along with a FA like say Duron Harmon) would solidify that position for us for a long time.

If we stay at 3 then i still want M.Hooker which of course whoever we pick at 3 still depends on what we do in free agency and it's only Hooker if M.Garrett isn't sitting there at 3.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Garrett
Thomas (if you haven't watched his tape, do yourself and watch it. He's got a freakish combo of size, speed, quickness and intelligence)
Allen
Adams
Hooker
Foster

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Solomon Thomas/Malik Hooker/Jamal Adams or a trade down. I'd probably prefer trading down a few spots. Perfect time to do it, IMO.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson in the third round myles Garrett best CB or Solomon Thomas in a trade down.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just get a defensive difference maker.

Use the middle rounds to fill out critical depth spots.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We may still have a 1 but it won't be at 3 if we do this.

If we trade from #3 to #31 or #32 and get JG it's still stupid.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You would HAVE to trade down for as many draft picks as you could get because you wasted a ton of money on Garapolo:(