If we land Jimmy G, who would you pick in the 1st round?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Garrett
Thomas (if you haven't watched his tape, do yourself and watch it. He's got a freakish combo of size, speed, quickness and intelligence)
Allen
Adams
Hooker
Foster

Whaaaaaaatttt?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Seems that if there are several players considered equal at #3, that is where trading down makes sense.

Any "clown" can see that.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas and believe both to be worth a top 5 pick. I prefer Allen though due to Thomas being a bit undersized. Regardless, both would be an immediate and drastic upgrade over our current DE. Not that our DE's are terrible, but C.Washington and Unrein are depth guys. Allen would help tremendously in the run game as he is a tackle machine. A lot of people want to upgrade our dbs and rightfully so, its' a carousel back there! Yet, still it was our run defense that hurt us more last year. Bottom line is that we need more tackles from our DEs.

As far as safeties, I personally think Jamal Adams is overrated and that #3 is a bit too rich for Hooker who I think fits a need but is the next talent tier down. I'm still hoping for Eric Berry to hit FA, but don't see how the Chiefs could just let him walk. I wish we would have seen what we have in Houston-Carson at FS. Also, could see us trading HJQ away for a pick. Ultimately, the draft is fairly deep with safety talent and I could see a guy projected in the second (a couple guys I like are Obi Melinfonwu, Buddha Baker, or Fish Smithson) fall to us in the third round. Interesting to see how we tackle this position this offseason.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
id trade down in the first 3-4 times getting tons of extra picks..... n take Tanoh Kpassagnon late one..

Why take the risk when Pace can just draft Tanoh at #3?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas and believe both to be worth a top 5 pick. I prefer Allen though due to Thomas being a bit undersized. Regardless, both would be an immediate and drastic upgrade over our current DE. Not that our DE's are terrible, but C.Washington and Unrein are depth guys. Allen would help tremendously in the run game as he is a tackle machine. A lot of people want to upgrade our dbs and rightfully so, its' a carousel back there! Yet, still it was our run defense that hurt us more last year. Bottom line is that we need more tackles from our DEs.

As far as safeties, I personally think Jamal Adams is overrated and that #3 is a bit too rich for Hooker who I think fits a need but is the next talent tier down. I'm still hoping for Eric Berry to hit FA, but don't see how the Chiefs could just let him walk. I wish we would have seen what we have in Houston-Carson at FS. Also, could see us trading HJQ away for a pick. Ultimately, the draft is fairly deep with safety talent and I could see a guy projected in the second (a couple guys I like are Obi Melinfonwu, Buddha Baker, or Fish Smithson) fall to us in the third round. Interesting to see how we tackle this position this offseason.

Thomas would be an OLB in a 3-4 defense so his size is not that worrisome. There are rumors circulating that he will run a sub 4.6 40 at the combine.