If we lose out...

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
DAL, CLE, PHI, GB.

That's our final four.

I think we lose to DAL, PHI, and GB for sure. If we can net a -6-10 season on the heals of a 6 game losing streak, I think it would light a fire under Phil Emery's ass. Additionally, we are currently sitting at the 17th pick in the draft with teams with only 1 less loss than us right in front of us in terms of draft status. This season is lost anyways, Detroit is essentially 2 games ahead of us and there is no way we get the wildcard. I think everyone acknowledges the season is over. I think we have the possibility of getting a top 12 draft pick, maybe even higher. Leave the offense as is and draft for the future of this defense.

Nick80

For the negatives out there, Cleveland could also be a loss, it isn't like they have not stopped trying to win, I mean if the Bears really want to fuck it all up, I mean reallllly go for the shitastic, 5-11 Gravity, Wind and you know Gammon чанта

Edit: 6-10 not 5-11 thankyou Bearmick. :beer:

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas is winning close games right now while we are losing them, and Philly is going to put up a million points against us. NFL.com now reporting Rodgers may be out for the rest of the year, though. Personally I won't be heartbroken if we lose two or three of the remaining games, but I really want the sweep of Green Bay this year and to end on a positive note.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I know, everything about me wants us to beat Green Bay. You also make a good point about ending on a positive note, as I think momentum is huge in football. But looking ahead to this draft, I really feel like if we're in a good draft position, we could really start fixing this defense.

Nick80

Just on the note about draft position, if Emery can draft a player like Long this year, and the positive affect (effect?) he has had on the O-line with the play of others, then I hope, depending on FA, that Emery can find someone of similar impact on the D side of the ball, DT/DE/CB/S.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This defense is beyond f*cked. The bright side I think is that Melton and Ratliff will be stout, assuming Melton is resigned. Add Briggs and Tillman back into the mix and I think we have a decent core of veterans. But we must start getting younger. Drafting in he 20's range, where we have been for the past few years will net us someone like Shea Mclellin.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Just on the note about draft position, if Emery can draft a player like Long this year, and the positive affect (effect?) he has had on the O-line with the play of others, then I hope, depending on FA, that Emery can find someone of similar impact on the D side of the ball, DT/DE/CB/S.

Long was a diamond in the rough. I question this current regimes ability to scout defensive talent.

Nick80

Long was a diamond in the rough. I question this current regimes ability to scout defensive talent.

I don't. It's a horses for courses argument with McClellin, his status doesn't match his play, but he is showing signs he can be a decent pass rusher, but not an everydown end. The starting nickle this year is a 6th/7th round pick and has done a fair job in his first year starting. The linebackers were thrown in at the deep end, have shown flashes, and with the 'core' of vets maybe playing upto that status and also staying fit, the D as a whole, rookies included may have offered more than any fan has seen this entire season.

I guess it's how you view it though. I'm not excusing poor play, when criticism is justified, I just don't know how much of a read you can get when a defence has declined so badly over the course of one season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the negatives out there, Cleveland could also be a loss, it isn't like they have not stopped trying to win, I mean if the Bears really want to fuck it all up, I mean reallllly go for the shitastic, 5-11 Gravity, Wind and you know Gammon чанта

We can't be 5-11 since we're 6-6 now.

But I don't think losing to Cleveland would be a negative. One of the things I always hated about Lovie was his Thibadeau-esque "you try to win every game" logic. Personally, after yesterday, I'm all for tanking for the best pick. The WC is virtually impossible now and even if Detroit loses two more, there's no way this team is winning four straight.

Four more losses please. It's for the best in the long run.

Last edited:

Nick80

But I don't think losing to Cleveland would be a negative. One of the things I always hated about Lovie was his Thibadeau-esque "you try to Erin every game" logic. Personally, after yesterday, I'm all for tanking for the best pick. The WC is virtually impossible now and even if Detroit loses two more, there's book way this team is winning four straight.

Four more losses please. It's for the best in the long run.

Fucking hell. How half arsed was that comment from me, Cheers Mick.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol @ suggesting tanking the next 4 games as if all four weren't possible loses already

Why lol? Yes it's possible they're losses anyway but normally you'd hope they're wins. I have no desire for another 9-10 win barely miss the playoffs and pick 19-20 in the draft ending to the season. It doesn't help.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This defense is beyond f*cked. The bright side I think is that Melton and Ratliff will be stout, assuming Melton is resigned. Add Briggs and Tillman back into the mix and I think we have a decent core of veterans. But we must start getting younger. Drafting in he 20's range, where we have been for the past few years will net us someone like Shea Mclellin.

Tillman will only soldily on the injury report moving forward.

Why do people think a 34 year old guy with a ton of nagging and last injuries is going to come back at anything close to 100%.

Just like Urlacher it is time to move.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After yesterday's performance I don't see us being able to win anymore games this year.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Just like Urlacher it is time to move.

Yeah, it worked out so well with Urlacher.

Not like we miss him or anything.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fans that actually want to lose to better draft position aren't actually fans.

Of course they are. They're just smarter, less meatballish fans. Unless you think 2013 is the final NFL season before Earth is taken out by a giant meteor, you should want the team to be able to get better as much as possible going forward.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

Maybe if Dallas' torches the Bears D bad enough, Goodell will take the Baltimore win away and tell the Bears they deserved to lose that game too? :shrug: