If we lose out...

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Why exactly does Phil Emery need a fire lit under his ass? You're acting like he's been here for a decade and getting complacent.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Drafting higher Emery could trade down, guy has to sign something like 60 players.

its time

81BqLY1v75L._SL500_AA300_.png

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why exactly does Phil Emery need a fire lit under his ass? You're acting like he's been here for a decade and getting complacent.

Because so far his defensive draft players have sucked every bit as much as Angelo's offensive players.

Liked Posts:
Long was a diamond in the rough. I question this current regimes ability to scout defensive talent.

Agreed. I do believe it's a must for the F.O. to try & hire a bright defensive mind who is good at evaluating & developing young talent. IMO that exactly what bit Lovie on the ass with the offensive side of the ball, & appears to be a similar issue with this regime on the opposite side of the ball. Before adding new players, they must get a DC worth talking about on this team.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Because so far his defensive draft players have sucked every bit as much as Angelo's offensive players.

I can't argue that , but can't we give Bostic more than 6 games before deciding that he sucks and can't be fixed. It's pretty clear that Emery is going to focus on defense on this year's draft and probably FA, but losing out won't light a fire under his ass more than anything else. It's very apparent the defense sucks and needs to be fixed. He already knows that.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it has more to do with our incompetent DC.

Na, give him our Healthy starting DT's and healthy starting LB's and our Healthy starting CB and see how the DC looks. That being said, our draft picks on D have been bad.

Draft position isn't as relevant as who you pick, cases in point, Chandler Jones after Shea and the host of Wr taken before AJ.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe it has more to do with our incompetent DC.

I think it's more to do with the talent on the field. Or lack thereof. McLellin and Bostic are a nightmare. Can't blame Emery for the terrible safeties but the young defenders he's drafted so far are bad players. Tucker didn't make them bad.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Na, give him our Healthy starting DT's and healthy starting LB's and our Healthy starting CB and see how the DC looks.
He had that at the beginning of the season & our defense still sucked. The only thing that masked it was the turnovers that we produced early in the season.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I think it's more to do with the talent on the field. Or lack thereof. McLellin and Bostic are a nightmare. Can't blame Emery for the terrible safeties but the young defenders he's drafted so far are bad players. Tucker didn't make them bad.
I gotta respectfully disagree.

Considering that the entire defense has played like crap this season, I tend to believe that our young players would be a lot better under a competent DC.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Wanting them to lose the rest of the games is a bad idea. It will cast a pall over the team and create a bunch of negativity within and outside the Bears org. They need to build some momentum and confidence going into next season more than they need a better draft position.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Na, give him our Healthy starting DT's and healthy starting LB's and our Healthy starting CB and see how the DC looks. That being said, our draft picks on D have been bad.

I keep thinking that too. I dont know, they werent killing teams when they were healthy, but it was sure better than the heaping pile of shit it has become.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I did some numbers crunching and projecting, and if we go 6-10, we have a very good shot based on strength of schedule of picking 9th in the draft.

However, there are going to likely be a clusterfuck of 6-10 teams - about 7 I'd guess - by the end of the season. Which means if we go 7-9, we're looking more at picking between 15-23rd.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Draft position means NOTHING. It's up to the GM and Coaches to make a great draft pick. I don't understand why people want their teams to lose to get a better pick when it's not guaranteed the pick will be worth a damn.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I gotta respectfully disagree.

Considering that the entire defense has played like crap this season, I tend to believe that our young players would be a lot better under a competent DC.

I think the lack of pass rush has exposed how bad the back 7 are without Briggs and Peanut. I'm no Tucker fan but I can't blame him for all the injuries.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I did some numbers crunching and projecting, and if we go 6-10, we have a very good shot based on strength of schedule of picking 9th in the draft.

However, there are going to likely be a clusterfuck of 6-10 teams - about 7 I'd guess - by the end of the season. Which means if we go 7-9, we're looking more at picking between 15-23rd.

I think they'll finish better actually. They'll figure out a way to win 2 of the final games. Cleveland and maybe Green Bay with today's news about Rodgers.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I just looked over a team by team list of the top draft needs and the Cowboyz appear to be the only team that might draft before us that has dline as its number one need and they seem to need a DT more than DE. So if the Bears draft in the middle I strongly suspect they will have a shot at a very good DE or maybe even a DT. Bottom line the team needs to win to build confidence and thats much more important than draft position.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I just looked over a team by team list of the top draft needs and the Cowboyz appear to be the only team that might draft before us that has dline as its number one need and they seem to need a DT more than DE. So if the Bears draft in the middle I strongly suspect they will have a shot at a very good DE or maybe even a DT. Bottom line the team needs to win to build confidence and thats much more important than draft position.

Perhaps closing out the season with a sweep of GB will do the trick?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Seems many on here assume the Bears could win any of their remaining games if they "try" to win. I don't think it's going to make a difference whether they try or not. They can't beat any of the remaining opponents if their life depended on it. This team is a steaming pile of crap.