If we lose out...

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Just on the note about draft position, if Emery can draft a player like Long this year, and the positive affect (effect?) he has had on the O-line with the play of others, then I hope, depending on FA, that Emery can find someone of similar impact on the D side of the ball, DT/DE/CB/S.

Long has been an average guard this season.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears will go 4-0 or 3-1. If the Bears lose one of those games, I think it will be to Dallas.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Which is a massive improvement on the players playing at guard the last few seasons. Of course, let's view it more as a negative than a positive.

Louis was average at RG last season.

Nick80

Louis was average at RG last season.

According to PFF? Or football outsiders? Or any other website on the net? I'd take the play of Long and the O-line this season over last seasons Louis and heap of shit O-line.

Quality comparison./

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry that you cant understand that come May, the team picking 12th has more players to pick from than the team picking 20th. I'd like to say that this is surprising, but then I see that you're a ND fan.

Bye.

I'm sorry that you think having more players to choose from somehow translates to getting the better player.

I'm also sorry that you find it acceptable to want your team to lose to better your draft position.

I'm sorry you lacked oxygen at birth.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont care if we lose out or win out..The season is done except for evaluating talent IMO..I for one will be watching the coaches more than the players. We basically know what the players can/cant do..

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way the team has been playing we arent beating Philly and GreenBay with a healthy Aaron Rodgers and maybe not Dallas. So at best it looks like a 8-8 team. Imo thats the worst a team can do. Either make the play-offs and take a shot for the super bowl or tank it and try for a high draft pick.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We can't be 5-11 since we're 6-6 now.

But I don't think losing to Cleveland would be a negative. One of the things I always hated about Lovie was his Thibadeau-esque "you try to win every game" logic. Personally, after yesterday, I'm all for tanking for the best pick. The WC is virtually impossible now and even if Detroit loses two more, there's no way this team is winning four straight.

Four more losses please. It's for the best in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Then I agree you start McCown the rest of the season!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it worked out so well with Urlacher.

Not like we miss him or anything.
That's funny, I thought it was DJ Williams I was missing. Glad you sorted that out for me!

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
That's funny, I thought it was DJ Williams I was missing. Glad you sorted that out for me!

I didn't realize the unit was performing great with Williams in the lineup.

Oh wait, they weren't because they haven't at all one time this year.

This defense looks confused and they don't seem to read the offense very well presnap. Urlacher may have lost a few steps but he was still the smartest player on the field every Sunday and was awesome at presnap reads, making sure everyone lined up properly.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Four more losses please. It's for the best in the long run.

There is zero proof this is a true statement.

Losing now doesn't automatically equal future success. If that were true Jacksonville would be an NFL powerhouse.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Bears are going 8-8 and you can't stop it.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Bears are going 8-8 and you can't stop it.

Great. Now that you figured that out maybe you could let us know the winning lotto numbers.

Anyone on this board not completely Special person?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry that you think having more players to choose from somehow translates to getting the better player.

I'm also sorry that you find it acceptable to want your team to lose to better your draft position.

I'm sorry you lacked oxygen at birth.

Are you fucking serious? Every GM in every sport looks to move up in the draft to target players that may not be available in the team's current slot.

Better and more options does not guarantee getting a better player, but it clearly increases the likelihood of bringing in a better fit and better prospect.

Stop your broken and faulty logic, please.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Are you fucking serious? Every GM in every sport looks to move up in the draft to target players that may not be available in the team's current slot.

Great. Please show proof that the higher the pick, the better the player is.

Because obviously by your logic guys like Jerry Rice, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and so on must have been #1 picks.

Better and more options does not guarantee getting a better player, but it clearly increases the likelihood of bringing in a better fit and better prospect.

Take a look at draft history, pro bowl players per draft slot and you will see you're wrong.

Stop your broken and faulty logic, please.

Please explain how saying that getting a higher pick doesn't equal making the team better next year is faulty logic.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears end up drafting around 15th. As much work as the defense needs, I wouldn't be against going offense again in the 1st round. Emery seems to be a better judge of offensive talent up to this point. If the Bears can get another stud guard or even another pass catching TE, I would go for it. The defense can be addressed via FA and later in the draft. You simply can't miss on 1st round picks.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Jace Amaro declares and is available when the Bears pick, would you take him? I sure would.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
As much work as the defense needs, I wouldn't be against going offense again in the 1st round. Emery seems to be a better judge of offensive talent up to this point. If the Bears can get another stud guard or even another pass catching TE, I would go for it. The defense can be addressed via FA and later in the draft. You simply can't miss on 1st round picks.

The biggest problem on this team right now is the defensive line.

If the first pick in the draft isn't a defensive end or tackle, I'd prefer tackle, then something went wrong.