If we lose out...

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Of course they are. They're just smarter, less meatballish fans.

Getting a higher, "better", draft pick doesn't always equal getting the better player. Plenty of busts regardless of what number you pick at.

So, no, they aren't smarter at all.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getting a higher, "better", draft pick doesn't always equal getting the better player. Plenty of busts regardless of what number you pick at.

There are no guarantees but the chances of a better player increase the earlier you pick. So yes they are smarter.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Gives us a hell of a lot better chance at being better than going 10-6 will.

How so?

Better draft pick doesn't equal better player. Take a look at draft history and you will see that.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Tillman will only soldily on the injury report moving forward.

Why do people think a 34 year old guy with a ton of nagging and last injuries is going to come back at anything close to 100%.

Just like Urlacher it is time to move.
Unlike Urlacher last season, Tillman was actually playing good ball when he was somewhat healthy this season. He was not a shell of himself like Urlacher was. It was actually sad watching Lach play last season because his speed had completely left him.

I still blame Lovie for playing Urlacher in that meaningless last game against the Vikings the prior season.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
There are no guarantees but the chances of a better player increase the earlier you pick. So yes they are smarter.

There are more busts in the top ten every draft than there are Pro Bowlers.

So you're wrong. Sorry.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

They have a larger pool to pick that bust from.

/endthisfuckingdebate

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I never want my team to quit. How will you win a Superbowl when you quit? It's a loser mentality. The Patriots don't have to employ that strategy to constantly stay in contention. Here's a thought, how about just making better GM moves and coaching decisions? Strange concept, I know.......

BEARS

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
They have a larger pool to pick that bust from.

/endthisfuckingdebate

Really? So if you pick at 9 instead of 17 and have 8 other players to choose from that means the Bears should just lose the next four games to have 8 more guys on their draft board.

Great logic.

/youreanidiot

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are more busts in the top ten every draft than there are Pro Bowlers.

Doesn't matter. We're not comparing successful top ten pick to unsuccessful ones. We're comparing the likelihood of drafting a blue chip player, and that is more likely in the 6-12 area than in the 18-24 area.

So no, you're wrong, I'm right, so there. Me > you. What do you say about that?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Here's a thought, how about just making better GM moves and coaching decisions? Strange concept, I know.......

He gets it.

Look at the teams in contention annually. They have low draft picks every year and find good players.

Yet teams like Cleveland and Jacksonville have routinely had great draft picks. And routinely blow.

Draft position means jack shit.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter.

It does if you're trying to say asking for better draft position is smart.

We're comparing the likelihood of drafting a blue chip player, and that is more likely in the 6-12 area than in the 18-24 area.

No, it's not.

Look at draft history in the NFL.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Really? So if you pick at 9 instead of 17 and have 8 other players to choose from that means the Bears should just lose the next four games to have 8 more guys on their draft board.

Great logic.

/youreanidiot

I was explaining their reasoning for preferring to pick 12th as opposed to 18th at this point you fucking bonehead.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I was explaining their reasoning for preferring to pick 12th as opposed to 18th at this point you fucking bonehead.

Their reasoning is flawed you twit.

It's wrong. Not correct.

Get it?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
So you don't have more players to choose from at 12 than 18?

How stupid are you?

Did I say that? I might be stupid, but you obviously can't fucking read.

Having more players on the board in no way means you will get a better one. Read that sentence slowly and see if you get it.

Losing out doesn't make us better next year. There is no proof to suggest that so why root for them to lose out? That is my point. Put down the fucking crackpipe you might understand it.

I heard you guys were pretty dumb on this site. Just didn't know it was this bad.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm gonna leave for a few hours and give you fucktards time to actually come up with a decent response.

My expectations are low but maybe you'll surprise me.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Did I say that? I might be stupid, but you obviously can't fucking read.

Having more players on the board in no way means you will get a better one. Read that sentence slowly and see if you get it.

Losing out doesn't make us better next year. There is no proof to suggest that so why root for them to lose out? That is my point. Put down the fucking crackpipe you might understand it.

I heard you guys were pretty dumb on this site. Just didn't know it was this bad.

I'm sorry that you cant understand that come May, the team picking 12th has more players to pick from than the team picking 20th. I'd like to say that this is surprising, but then I see that you're a ND fan.

Bye.