If you were the GM. What would you offer for D Watson?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
3 1sts, a 2nd and 4th, Hicks, Foles. If they want Roquan they can have him, but need something else coming back.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Houston were to agree to listen to trade offers and you were hell bent on getting him. What would/could you as the Bears GM offer Houston that would be enough for Houston to make the trade.

I would offer our next 3 1st round picks. Our next 3 3rd round picks. And R Smith and Hicks
Half this

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Dog would be deal breaker, gotta keep the dog
I've got two dogs. I'm a crafty negotiator, so what the Texans don't know is that they are getting the lap dog, not the lab.

oober

Liked Posts:
2 1st's and 2 conditional 2nds(4yrs consecutive) or 1st and 2nd in 2 consecutive yrs, Smith or Johnson, and the Texans take Mack's, Fuller's, or Jackson's bloated contracts. Bears get a 3rd and a 4th in return in yr 1 and 4th and 5th in yr 2...

Texans get better fast and Bears get cap relief to sign a free agent O line tackle. Win Win.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would start with our next 3 1st round picks, and a defensive player of their choice. From there, I would be willing to possibly add another player or another pick, or a combination of the two.

The problem obviously becomes how important draft capital is in building success and sustaining success. We don't want to trade for a QB, and then surround him with nothing. That is not a winning formula, and it won't make a player with a history of being unhappy with his team a happy player here either.

As much as I would love to have Watson or Wilson, if the asking price is too steep, we should think about trading up in the draft. Like people saying our next 3 1st round picks, and our next 3 2nd round picks, and a player or 2. I think that's just too much. I think it's okay to sacrifice a season or two to acquire Watson, but I don't want what we give up to destroy the team for the next 4 years.

greg23

Liked Posts:
My guess is Hou is trading wasting to rebuild.....thus

they have zero interest in a 30+ something dlineman so Hicks is out (as is Quinn, Mack)

While smith is nice, he's a year away from picking up his 5th year option or letting walk and he plays one of the least valuable positions

Fuller has age and contract issues a rebuilding team doesn't want

Jackson is too high salary

The only players that MIGHT make sense are Mooney or Johnson (3 years of cheap control)

I'd offer one of them (pref Johnson)
2021 1st
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2023 2nd

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I believe the max is 4 years in advance so...

4 - 1st rd picks

It’s clean and simple.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Question - Does Watson and Wilson carry the same trade value with some of you guys?

I’m seeing some posters offering the same value for both QBs.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I would start with our next 3 1st round picks, and a defensive player of their choice. From there, I would be willing to possibly add another player or another pick, or a combination of the two.

The problem obviously becomes how important draft capital is in building success and sustaining success. We don't want to trade for a QB, and then surround him with nothing. That is not a winning formula, and it won't make a player with a history of being unhappy with his team a happy player here either.

As much as I would love to have Watson or Wilson, if the asking price is too steep, we should think about trading up in the draft. Like people saying our next 3 1st round picks, and our next 3 2nd round picks, and a player or 2. I think that's just too much. I think it's okay to sacrifice a season or two to acquire Watson, but I don't want what we give up to destroy the team for the next 4 years.
If you’re ok destroying it for 2 years, why not 4? Watson would be ok sucking for that long, but no longer?

I’m not for destroying the team at all, but just curious why you think that..,

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I believe the max is 4 years in advance so...

4 - 1st rd picks

It’s clean and simple.

3 years in advance. So, today the Bears could trade 1st round picks in 2021, 2022 and 2023. If they wait to do this trade when the Bears are on the clock on draft day, then they could trade 2024 picks, I believe.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If its just draft picks

2 1sts
2 3rds

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd trade:

2021 1st
2021 3rd
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2023 1st
Jaylon Johnson

for

Watson
2021 4th

I wouldn't turn down a deal if they want Roquan, but it would have to be in lieu of one of those 1sts or 2nds. Makes no sense to lose a big key part of the defense and go with a big "win now" move for a QB. But if they insist, I'd give up Smith but his value definitely takes out one of those future picks. Johnson is a key on the defense as well, but he missed time last year and could be replaced by a cheap veteran without a huge dropoff, I believe. There's simply not too many guys like Smith.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you’re ok destroying it for 2 years, why not 4? Watson would be ok sucking for that long, but no longer?

I’m not for destroying the team at all, but just curious why you think that..,

Yeah, I don't think Watson would be happy again if he has to wait 5 more years to contend.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd trade:

2021 1st
2021 3rd
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2023 1st
Jaylon Johnson

for

Watson
2021 4th

I wouldn't turn down a deal if they want Roquan, but it would have to be in lieu of one of those 1sts or 2nds. Makes no sense to lose a big key part of the defense and go with a big "win now" move for a QB. But if they insist, I'd give up Smith but his value definitely takes out one of those future picks. Johnson is a key on the defense as well, but he missed time last year and could be replaced by a cheap veteran without a huge dropoff, I believe. There's simply not too many guys like Smith.

I would do that top deal but that's real close to being all i would offer. If they pushed for more then i start trying to get mid round picks back for any higher round pick or any good young player. I also try to get them to take a high salary player from us and if not then they at least take Foles from us which shouldn't be a big deal for them with him at $6-$7 mil per for the next two years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we got Watson would any of you be good with letting ARob walk, if we can't work out a sign and trade with him, so we at least get the 3rd round comp pick and then bringing in W.Fuller, who should be a few mil cheaper, and go full speed at WR with Fuller and Mooney as our top two outside WR's? I think i would if we finally had a legit franchise QB like Watson, that's as long as Watson is good with that and yes i would run anything we do on offense past him first.