CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At the risk of making such a major life decision so flippantly, the Bears are really the only thing that keeps me watching NFL games. I had one of the noon games on this past Sunday, but I wasn't watching it. Not even sure who played. I didn't watch any of the 3:00 pm games, and definitely didn't watch SNF or MNF.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At the risk of making such a major life decision so flippantly, the Bears are really the only thing that keeps me watching NFL games. I had one of the noon games on this past Sunday, but I wasn't watching it. Not even sure who played. I didn't watch any of the 3:00 pm games, and definitely didn't watch SNF or MNF.
I find myself in the same boat. For college and NFL. If I do find myself in a rare situation that I have no obligations (Kids), typically SNF or MNF I will have the game on a barely pay attention.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point I've lived in FL longer than I lived in IL. I wouldn't want to root for an NFC team, so the Bucs are out. That leaves the Jaguars and Dolphins. So Dolphins I guess.

That said, I'd never do that. I'll sadly keep rooting for this pathetic franchise for the rest of my life out of some twisted, misplaced loyalty.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I find myself in the same boat. For college and NFL. If I do find myself in a rare situation that I have no obligations (Kids), typically SNF or MNF I will have the game on a barely pay attention.
I'm much more engrossed in NCAA football, and more interested in it than any NFL team not named the Chicago Bears.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm also a Raiders fan.... so fuck me twice, I guess.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
If you move on from the Bears as your favorite team, would you go on to root
for another team or just fade away?
If you move on to a new team, who would it be and why?
Steelers. They are already my second team. I even have some merch

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I've always had the Ravens as my second team but I don't think I could follow any team as closely as I do the Bears.

If they ever royally fucked up I'd just enjoy the best games each week instead of forcing myself to watch the Bears

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Probably any team besides the lions as all the posters who switched to that team have serious brane rot issues or intense mental health problems.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've already moved on from the NBA when they transitioned to the pansy league it is now.
It's basically a game of shooting step-back 3 pointers.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Whatever loser team there is left.
I like the bitching and moaning.
Winning teams fans are boring af.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Be a part, be a part of it, a part of the Chicago Blitz!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It would have to be someone always shown local so Packers (no way) or Colts. I'm not overly thrilled about the Colts so I keep giving Bears another chance until I end up giving up and fading away like I did in the 90s, which I'm guessing a decade is as good as a lifetime for me.

I could freelance it and watch whoever's on Thursday nights on my second monitor.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since I have lived out here in Washington for the last 22 years, which is more than I lived in Illinois I would probably have to say the SeaHawks. My son grew up a fan of both teams, all my friends (except for the military folks like me that stayed here after their stint) are fans of Seattle. I have a few items but I'll always bleed Navy and Orange. I would be a lukewarm fan of any team if, for some reason, the Bears went away.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Whatever team has the most games playing on my television....which probably makes me more a fan of football than a fan of the Chicago Bears.

I was born and raised in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because they were on TV the most and won a lot of games...including the Super Bowl.

Then I moved to the west coast and watched a lot of Niners and the old AFC Seahawks.

Then I moved to New Orleans and watched a lot LSU & Atlanta Falcons games because the Saints were unwatchable.

Then I ended up back in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because Lovie had them winning games again...including almost another Super Bowl.

Then Lovie Smith called the sqib kick against the Falcons in 2008 and I was so furious I joined the CBMB to call Lovie Smith a dipshit without calling him a dipshit because that was not allowed and now you all are stuck with me till I either move or die.
CBMB was so pussy and gay

so were their mods. except Urblock, he was fucking harsh

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably would decide to more or less boycott the NFL. It's a fairly evil corporate entity that puts out a product that is about as healthy as tobacco and whips up jingoism.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Whatever team has the most games playing on my television....which probably makes me more a fan of football than a fan of the Chicago Bears.

I was born and raised in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because they were on TV the most and won a lot of games...including the Super Bowl.

Then I moved to the west coast and watched a lot of Niners and the old AFC Seahawks.

Then I moved to New Orleans and watched a lot LSU & Atlanta Falcons games because the Saints were unwatchable.

Then I ended up back in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because Lovie had them winning games again...including almost another Super Bowl.

Then Lovie Smith called the sqib kick against the Falcons in 2008 and I was so furious I joined the CBMB to call Lovie Smith a dipshit without calling him a dipshit because that was not allowed and now you all are stuck with me till I either move or die.
So ... you are a bandwagon fan?

I mean you are a fan of whatever team your wagon ends up close to?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
At this point I've lived in FL longer than I lived in IL. I wouldn't want to root for an NFC team, so the Bucs are out. That leaves the Jaguars and Dolphins. So Dolphins I guess.

That said, I'd never do that. I'll sadly keep rooting for this pathetic franchise for the rest of my life out of some twisted, misplaced loyalty.
There are some of us who are just diehard fans. If there could be Cub fans for over 100 years of failure, there should be more Bear fans who follow the traditions of their grandfathers and great grandfathers past 2085 and their next Super Bowl win.