If You Weren't a Bears Fan

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm much more engrossed in NCAA football, and more interested in it than any NFL team not named the Chicago Bears.
Can I be a fan of The Red Zones?

When the Bears are on, I watch the Bears. When not, I watch Red Zone.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Since I have lived out here in Washington for the last 22 years, which is more than I lived in Illinois I would probably have to say the SeaHawks. My son grew up a fan of both teams, all my friends (except for the military folks like me that stayed here after their stint) are fans of Seattle. I have a few items but I'll always bleed Navy and Orange. I would be a lukewarm fan of any team if, for some reason, the Bears went away.
Better to be a Seahawk fan than a Commando fan, which is the Washington I was thinking you were talking about.

Then again, it would be easier to support your team if you went commando on gamedays.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Probably would decide to more or less boycott the NFL. It's a fairly evil corporate entity that puts out a product that is about as healthy as tobacco and whips up jingoism.
Well, that was a good movie, though I preferred the original one.

OIP.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd probably stop paying attention to Football.

I've already moved on from the NBA when they transitioned to the pansy league it is now.

Baseball just seems odd now that most everything they do is based on analytics.

Everything revolves around money and gambling... and it's honestly just making the games less enjoyable for me personally.
Okay boomer 😂

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can I be a fan of The Red Zones?

When the Bears are on, I watch the Bears. When not, I watch Red Zone.
That would probably be better for someone like me, who is self-diagnosed with Adult ADH - oh look, a bird.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I root for the Browns because my dad is from that area. I am not a die hard fan but I will always check their score and the highlights. This kinda stuff you either are or are not. You can't just choose to root for someone.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Miami. We spend a couple of months a year in south Florida so we get a lot of their coverage. San Francisco is another as we have been there so many times. But it is deteriorating as a city so quickly. But most likely just play fantasy and watch Red Zone.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Texans- Live in Houston. Been a Bears fan because of Mom is from Chicago and #34 Payton. My Dad was a Cowboys fan. uhhhgg.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lived in KC for several years and got my wife rooting for the Chiefs as I love her too much to allow her to start rooting for the Bears. I also sometimes pretend the Chiefs are really the Bears and they changed their uniforms after drafting Mahomes.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Id love to be a 49ers fan, that team actually IS what the Bears have been trying to be for decades. But alas, no emotional connection to those fucks like I do with our idiots in navy and OJ
I hear you on that and they would be a consideration. Like the style of play and front office that is aggressive and not afraid to
fix mistakes.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Whatever team has the most games playing on my television....which probably makes me more a fan of football than a fan of the Chicago Bears.

I was born and raised in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because they were on TV the most and won a lot of games...including the Super Bowl.

Then I moved to the west coast and watched a lot of Niners and the old AFC Seahawks.

Then I moved to New Orleans and watched a lot LSU & Atlanta Falcons games because the Saints were unwatchable.

Then I ended up back in Chicago, so I watched the Bears because Lovie had them winning games again...including almost another Super Bowl.

Then Lovie Smith called the sqib kick against the Falcons in 2008 and I was so furious I joined the CBMB to call Lovie Smith a dipshit without calling him a dipshit because that was not allowed and now you all are stuck with me till I either move or die.
You have a lot of miles on you, I can relate as I have 10 corporate moves + 3.5 years in Europe.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I wasn't a Bears fan, I wouldn't be miserable and would get a lot more ass from the Cowboy chick fans out here

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was a Dolphins fan as a kid when I lived in Miami area.

That being said, if I had to absolutely retire from being a Bears fan, I would go Carolina Panthers. I am relocating to the area and would probably get on board.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So ... you are a bandwagon fan?

I mean you are a fan of whatever team your wagon ends up close to?

If that wasn't how most people were the Bears and Browns wouldn't have any fans.
What is the reason people are fans of the Bears other than location?
I really love rooting for the underdogs where the main problem is mismanagement from the top.
Maybe someday the NFL will go back to leather helmets and defense.
I love how their ticket sales are based on legal scalping so I can always go to live games.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBMB was so pussy and gay

so were their mods. except Urblock, he was fucking harsh

CBMB was not gay because gay people know how to have fun. It was more like church with a lot of unnecessary rules and any dissent led to excommunication.
So ... you are a bandwagon fan?

I mean you are a fan of whatever team your wagon ends up close to?

Most of my time away from the Bears was before things like Sunday Ticket or streaming video, so I really had no choice. I would occasionally catch them playing the Niners, but it was the 90s and the Bears got stomped a lot by the Niners back then.

Jerry Rice was amazing to watch, so it was hard not to root for SF.

You have a lot of miles on you, I can relate as I have 10 corporate moves + 3.5 years in Europe.

I put a lot of miles on between 18-34, but all domestic...wish I could have done international.

I should do a crowdfunder for it. Sell out my ban hammer here for donations!

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Raiders, watching from A Nevada Brothel, trippin on shrooms with my hot Colombian Chica…