IGT 11/10 Coyotes @ Blackhawks Official In Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
I am done saying this team needs to wake up, this is unacceptable. We are losing home games to teams that have been struggling. I think it is time some fingers point at Coach Q, he keeps mixing the lines up and we have not gotten anything going this season. I am not saying it is just coaching because outside of maybe 2-3 players this entire locker room needs to take a look at themselves and ask are the doing enough to win every shift. To me it seems like some players on this team are contempt with our record and seem to think because we won the cup last season we are being handed a playoff spot.

Aside from that Skille and Stalberg looked great tonight. Those were the only bright spots tonight. Turco played well but could have played that 2nd goal more aggressively and shown less net.

Excuses need to end now from everyone, we will not make the playoffs if we keep dropping games to teams we should be consistently beating. The talent is on this roster to compete.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got home. Holy shit did the Hawks fall apart after the first period. Sharp/Toews/Stalberg was a nice line. I didn't know Stalbeg was 6'3. He's a big guy out there.

Boynton was brutal on the first goal. Splitting up 7 & 2 and 51 & 4 is not good. Those guys need to stick together. I get that they want to spread the wealth around, but the chemistry of those two pairings cant be denied. Campbell was really joining the offense a lot this game. He spent a good amount of time deep in the offensive zone. I wish he was a better shooter.

Rough game. Those last two periods were awful to watch. I'll give Phoenix credit for really stepping up their play after the 1st, but there's no excuse for only scoring 1 against their backup goalie.

Shitty.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am done saying this team needs to wake up, this is unacceptable. We are losing home games to teams that have been struggling. I think it is time some fingers point at Coach Q, he keeps mixing the lines up and we have not gotten anything going this season. I am not saying it is just coaching because outside of maybe 2-3 players this entire locker room needs to take a look at themselves and ask are the doing enough to win every shift. To me it seems like some players on this team are contempt with our record and seem to think because we won the cup last season we are being handed a playoff spot.

Aside from that Skille and Stalberg looked great tonight. Those were the only bright spots tonight. Turco played well but could have played that 2nd goal more aggressively and shown less net.

Excuses need to end now from everyone, we will not make the playoffs if we keep dropping games to teams we should be consistently beating. The talent is on this roster to compete.

Well Said!!! 100% right.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need wins, we need 2 points. this home record is horrible. We are about to embark on a road trip and this is actually make or break. if people want to think that it is still early, that is fine, keep thinking that.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
we need wins, we need 2 points. this home record is horrible. We are about to embark on a road trip and this is actually make or break. if people want to think that it is still early, that is fine, keep thinking that.

Exactly, it is not like we can earn these points back... every loss digs us into a deeper hole. The hard truth is that a shallow hole in the Western Conference can bury you fast. This needs to get turned around right now because all these lost points will bite us in the ass eventually.

No more fucking Cubs fans bringing up that excuse used on the north side for a century. We are nearly a quarter of the way through the season it is not so "early" anymore.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
1st off -I don't see how it is relevant what a Cubs fan thinks about anything; I used to be one - but really- their business model is built on perpetual failure...

While you're right to a degree- it is important to maintain the perspective that it is 'them' - not 'us' -as we, the fans get jack all if they win -- we also get jack all if they lose -- the post Roenick years taught me that much.

So the team is not that good, and some of the core may well be complacent; - time will tell- as a point of relativity - Hull and Mikita only ever won 1 championship at the NHL level -while they were young -and then never again. The Bears won 1 in the 80's -then had great regular seasons and then -did nothing in the playoffs . . .

___

I agree 100% that the coach seems pretty lost... but then again, he did last season as well at times (it all gets glossed over with a successful playoff run -rightly so, I guess). . . apparently from what the Sun Times is saying -you'll all be seeing more of Scott at wing on the 4th line (which means that the 4th line will be getting maybe 4 - 5 minutes of ice time per game). In the 4th line's defense -they don't seem to be out there when goals against are going in -- which is only to say that- maybe the other lines aren't able to handle fuller loads.

I am not sure that messing around with the defensive pairings are the answer if jacking around with the forward lines proved to be ineffective. It sort of seems like a guy hopped up on too many energy drinks trying to figure out a combination lock's combo - by randomly spinning the knob around.

Not surprisingly, it hasn't really worked.

The home ice thing is a big deal; not the least because it indicates that when the coach can match up lines --- it works less than when he can't (I wonder if opposing coaches can pass when the face the Hawks on their home ice - it might get *really* ugly.)

So- who is available in the draft lottery this season? Any chance we can choke enough to get a chance at the number 1 overall? It worked for the Bulls ... (see Rose. :) ).

Matthew

Liked Posts:
1st off -I don't see how it is relevant what a Cubs fan thinks about anything.

The Bears won 1 in the 80's -then had great regular seasons and then -did nothing in the playoffs . . .

So- who is available in the draft lottery this season? Any chance we can choke enough to get a chance at the number 1 overall? It worked for the Bulls.

1. I was half kidding with that statement, being that I dislike the influx of north-side fans over the last year or so. You know the stereotypical Cubs excuses, "Next season" or "It is only June." Just a little poke from a Sox fan, don't read too much into it.

2. I am not expecting Stanley Cups. However when you have Keith, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, and Campbell on your team I fully expect a playoff spot. And I am not talking sneaking into the 8th seed the last game of the year. Get into the dance on hope we get hot enough to make a deep run is all anyone can ask for from any team.

3. Forget Sean Couturier and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, both are overrated. Adam Larsson is the air-apparent to Niklas Lidstrom and even though he does not get the press a Crosby, Tavares, or Lindros did he is on that level as a prospect. Also check my signature, I love my American born skaters, Brandon Saad for the win.

*I know you were kidding about the whole lottery draft pick but answered it anyway*

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
With the site problems I wasn't able to log on but once... seems fixed now, thankfully... :)

1) Sorry- I guess the Cubs thing -well, I had been booted in the nads so many times by the Cubs ... I suppose they are a little sensitive. But, well you know, I decided to move on - they can have their losing gimmick and keep it. But yes, I do remember being in Wrigley and hearing "the attitude" -even back in the 80's - you know those days when journalists that were gushing last season - had referred to the Hawks as only having 20,000 fans in the entire city (ok -so maybe it is heading back that way ... fine with me- that is my comfort zone. :D ).... I can poke myself pretty well for ever having been sucked in by those blue capped clowns ...

2) I suppose that is realistic, but -well talent level and satisfaction-levels are two mutually exclusive things I think. Not that I know, personally... every team I have ever been on ahas gone on to never win anything ... but, you know - what I think I am getting at is - there seems a level of -'don't really have to try' this season -- combine that with all of the ever-present marketing crap (camo-uniforms to honor the troops? please... ok- nice sentiment - then go out there and give a half assed effort -and fulfill the slogan "One Goal" - by scoring .. precisely .... 1 goal ... for the second game in a row.... what's next? a fashion show ... maybe some radi-o-thon spots, or how about some fan carnival... ugh - please get back to hockey -it is actually what the team has always been about ( that directed to the front office guys) - I think the coach gets it -but I am not sure that the players do ... who knows....

3) Kidding? Well - the way they are playing ... you might as well be prepared for any discussion.... after having endured the post Roenick-Chelios-Belfour years ... that was really the only thing to look forward to - as after watching those guys -and before them Savard-Larmer-Wilson .... it made it a little tough to get too excited about a team whose top scorers were getting like 50 points ... ugh again.). So this is what watching a bunch of guys try to perform with a massive hangover looks like ... and they charge money for it?

Great ... note to team... and especially the captain... please try to get your team's head out of their asses ... they seem like they aren't really up for games on a consistent basis. (Not criticizing Toews -- but - well, yeh I suppose getting in some faces is probably going to be called for at some point ... something has to work -I think that guy has some pride -- not sure about too many else... they seem to think they are entitled or something...).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
This team is getting hard to watch...and it's not like when Bolland comes back we can expect an immediate influx in scoring since he didnt show anything before his injury.

I agree with Tim Sassone, that maybe a small trade to shake up the locker room and wake them up would do some good

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q is putting Bickell in the press box, yet it's ok for Brouwer to play like shit?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we don't pull out a winning record on the circus trip.. Major changes need to be made.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we don't pull out a winning record on the circus trip.. Major changes need to be made.

Scotty Bowman behind the bench..
th_ssst.gif

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
This team is getting hard to watch...and it's not like when Bolland comes back we can expect an immediate influx in scoring since he didnt show anything before his injury.

I agree with Tim Sassone, that maybe a small trade to shake up the locker room and wake them up would do some good

Ok- Tbo -I'll bite- you're GM - who do you try to move? ( Not a challenge- meaning it as a starting point for discussion) -and why?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Ok- Tbo -I'll bite- you're GM - who do you try to move? ( Not a challenge- meaning it as a starting point for discussion) -and why?

Kopecky, Brouwer

Kopecky is in a contract year, so he should be able to be moved...He started off ok this year, but he isn't scoring, and is invisible on the ice most shifts

Brouwer is due a contract soon, and he will likely ask for alot. Again, he also has been invisible, and I think with consistent/increased playing time that Bickell can fill his role.

As for who we can get back? Veterans who can score, lower salary contracts

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I think it would act more like a wake up call hopefully. Make the guys see that their inconsistent playing isn't going unnoticed...also, I absolutely wouldn't mind if Q would bench a big name player for a game...make them see that they can't just coast along with their low playing

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Hrm - interesting stuff- I might consider moving Seabrook, mainly for the additional cap flexibility it might add after this season.

I don't necessarily know that the team would be in line to get much back in any event, in terms of roster players,- I am not sure that would really make much of an impact on this season's results.

I don't know that trading Brouwer or Kopecky wakes up the guys that need to be woken up... (in my case, my move isn't designed to do that -- I figure if they do end up doing a Carolina Hurricanes ... just that result in itself might wake up the appropriate core guys -but of course, it also punts on this season as well- and the team would be in a position to have the bonus cap space recovered plus whatever Seabrook is making in order to distribute around and maybe either get a quality FA (or have the flexibility to make a trade.. ).

I guess, though, the bottom line is the same either way one cuts it - this style of play isn't going to do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.