IGT 11/10 Coyotes @ Blackhawks Official In Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Kopecky, Brouwer

Kopecky is in a contract year, so he should be able to be moved...He started off ok this year, but he isn't scoring, and is invisible on the ice most shifts

Brouwer is due a contract soon, and he will likely ask for alot. Again, he also has been invisible, and I think with consistent/increased playing time that Bickell can fill his role.

As for who we can get back? Veterans who can score, lower salary contracts

1. Kopecky is still a very valuable 3rd line player. The reason he has looked out of place is because Coach Q keeps putting him in a top 6 role where his skills are not suited. He is great on the boards and on the forecheck and is reliable in his own end. Apart from Skille he has been the hardest working player on the ice as well. Sure he has the worst hands in the world but like he showed last year when Ladd went down in the post season he can be a good shut down player.

2. Brouwer is not going to ask for big money because no team will pay him (maybe Dale would but I think he is going to rebuild Florida through the draft). His 20 goals last season were all because of his ice time with Toews and Kane. I like Troy as a 4th line player who can occasionally play in the top 6 as a big net presence though.

3. Bryan Bickell sucks, he can replace John Scott and that is all. He is atrocious in the neutral zone and is an average back checker at best. I don't mind him as a 4th line energy guy but outside of that he might be the worst player on the team outside of John Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.