IGT 12/15 Avs @ Hawks Official In Game Thread

and the winner is..........

• Total voters

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, the guy is 20 years old. I'd like to give him time.

Plus, we have no depth so we have no choice.

Stalberg may have a concussion (speculating on my part)...and no i'm not glad he's hurt despite my hatred for him.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got home. Incredibly dull crowd, though the Hawks didn't really give them much to get excited about. 4 separate people left my row after the second period. Classy.

Completely outshot the Avs, but holy smokes are the Hawks awful in their own end. Anytime the Avs would get the puck in front of Crawford, there was chaos like nobody knew to get it the hell out of there. The puck was jumping and flipping on end a lot tonight, but that's no excuse to play so shitty in front of your goalie.

Yuck.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Uh, the guy is 20 years old. I'd like to give him time.

Plus, we have no depth so we have no choice.

Stalberg may have a concussion (speculating on my part)...and no i'm not glad he's hurt despite my hatred for him.

The problem is Beach's cap his is unaffordable right now. Also he has a lot to develop in his game and it is best to not waste years of his ECL for him to learn in the NHL and let him to continue to develop in Rockford. I think Beach is good enough to play on this team right now with how poor some players have performed but given the circumstances it is not the right time.

Ben Smith can play in our top six as a winger right now or be our 3rd line center. I would like to know why we waste roster spots on John Scott and Jordan Hendry but we leave young NHL caliber talent in Rockford while this team continues to lose games.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BTW, get Brian Connelly up here. I'm fucking done with Cullishit & Boynturd.

mad0177.gif

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dad sold out tix for Friday's game for $180.

My dad sick of watching us lose at home & needs all the $ he can get.

Good sell. The idea of a Chelios night with Detroit in town seems totally fucked anyways.

I still remember being at the Hawks/Wings game where Probert came out with a microphone in 331 and started a Detroit sucks chant. That just felt wrong.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
BTW, get Brian Connelly up here. I'm fucking done with Cullishit & Boynturd.

You're kidding, right? I mean now I just feel teased from all of those posts where I only apparently thought you were over them... but I guess you must not have been then.

Damn soap operas. :/ Unless... it is a Simon Says thing -and - the lack of that statement might mean that maybe you actually aren't over either yet ... and this will continue.

Damn it stop toying with the board!!! :turrible::obama:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe because they have no business being in the NHL.

A so called defending champion shouldn't be trotting out pieces of shit like them.

Until they dump both, what do you expect? I'm far from the only one that can't stand em.

I don't expect all stars as a 3rd pairing. But, i expect alot better than two slow schmucks.

Hendry can't play over either guy? Q has become an idiot.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Looks like I'll be making a big move up in the season ticket wait list at year end, very nice.

Hey TBO, you gonna keep quoting me: "How much do you think the Hawks miss the playoffs by?" LOL.

Yep, I will continue to quote you...even if i might end up wrong

I'd really like to see Leddy up here full time after the all-star break

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Yes, -well they do keep putting those guys out there, don't they? Then for added "depth" sign guys that are even worse as a "veteran presence".

At some point, it has to be that maybe it just is what it is... it does give you an idea about how fine a line there is in the NHL in terms of parity.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan Bowman did a piss poor job replacing our depth.

Last edited:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Yeah well wait until the offseason when the Hjallmarsson overpayment continues to bite the team in the ass. . . That was a big chunk of money to give up for what looks to be someone who might look pretty average on a good night.

If you want to talk about depth... about the only good thing with that is that it isn't as long term of a contract as others have been.

You know I think Stan ought to consider bringing back Huet after this season and keep as much of this current depth around -that should probably come out to close to the same cap his as now - :sarcasm: I mean why now ... the team is paying the guy -- maybe the team needs to go back to the W W W method of making sure you are getting something if you are paying a guy -even if that something is -well, soft goaltending that isn't worth the money, at the NHL level. . .

But, yes, Stan -well ... like with Dale -- it is, still *their* problem. Maybe you'll all be lucky enough to see another Stanley Cup win within 49 years ...

and, by the way, welcome to Chicago. All the sports teams generally do that here. :)

In case you forgot.

Last edited:

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah well wait until the offseason when the Hjallmarsson overpayment continues to bite the team in the ass. . . That was a big chunk of money to give up for what looks to be someone who might look pretty average on a good night.

If you want to talk about depth... about the only good thing with that is that it isn't as long term of a contract as others have been.

You know I think Stan ought to consider bringing back Huet after this season and keep as much of this current depth around -that should probably come out to close to the same cap his as now - :sarcasm: I mean why now ... the team is paying the guy -- maybe the team needs to go back to the W W W method of making sure you are getting something if you are paying a guy -even if that something is -well, soft goaltending that isn't worth the money, at the NHL level. . .

But, yes, Stan -well ... like with Dale -- it is, still *their* problem. Maybe you'll all be lucky enough to see another Stanley Cup win within 49 years ...

and, by the way, welcome to Chicago. All the sports teams generally do that here. :)

In case you forgot.

How about the Campbell contract? That's the worst contract in the league right now. I like Campbell but for around 4 instead of 7+ mill

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it is, but since it predated Bowman's tenure as GM - I was counting that as a pre-existing condition I guess you could say.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
You really don't understand the salary cap do you?
just dont....lol
How about the Campbell contract? That's the worst contract in the league right now. I like Campbell but for around 4 instead of 7+ mill

The cap hit itself blows, but the playoffs last year shows how important he is....I also believe he has one of the best plus-minuses on the team

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
just dont....lol

The cap hit itself blows, but the playoffs last year shows how important he is....I also believe he has one of the best plus-minuses on the team

Ive said this many times, Campbell may be one of the best players in the league at breaking the puck out of the zone. He's a great skater, passer, and has the vision to make plays.... I just don't like the contract.... I'd rather have a $4 mill forward and a $3 mill blue liner for the same money.