IGT: BULLS vs Nets Monday April 13th @ 6:30pm on CSN

Who Wins?

• Nets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why couldn't we sign Joe Johnson in 2010?!?

• Players whose first and last names start with the same letter

• Total voters

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Scoot.... is it safe in here? I am afraid.... of the :troll:.... :crying:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The :troll: is in the Bears forum.

Ok good.... dis place seems safe.... I think I will go start a thread about how Derek Rose is better than Michael Jordan.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok good.... dis place seems safe.... I think I will go start a thread about how Derek Rose is better than Michael Jordan.
Okay. I think Clone may personally beat you.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
even better to see him lobby for more playing time in the fourth quarter. Or at least that's what it seemed like.
He was lobbying for the bench guys to get PT. If that's what you're referring to, then yes, that was great to see.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You not seen me and Clone in person...
brothers-gotta-hug-o.gif

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Nice game by the Bulls. I'm glad they're realize that Rose and Niko together are a weapon. Rose with the 7 assists again is a good sign. They are playing like I wanted them to for a while. It's fantastic that, even if a little late, they are getting on a roll right before the playoffs. When the Bulls play well together like this, I think they can beat anybody. :yep:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nice game by the Bulls. I'm glad they're realize that Rose and Niko together are a weapon. Rose with the 7 assists again is a good sign. They are playing like I wanted them to for a while. It's fantastic that, even if a little late, they are getting on a roll right before the playoffs. When the Bulls play well together like this, I think they can beat anybody. :yep:
Well normalyl when teams have talent and play well together they are fairly unbeatable.

The key now is looking at matchups and how this team will take away this or that from the Bulls. In other words what teams have the power to stop Rose, Butler, Niko, and Gasol?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well normalyl when teams have talent and play well together they are fairly unbeatable.

The key now is looking at matchups and how this team will take away this or that from the Bulls. In other words what teams have the power to stop Rose, Butler, Niko, and Gasol?
Assuming the Bulls move the ball well like they did last night, they have a legit chance against anyone in the East. Their shooters were getting wide open 3s so if those are going in, they're generally good enough in all other areas to come out on top. That said, I don't see them beating the Warriors or Spurs if by some miracle they got that far. Cleveland's ability to get offensive rebounds may be what puts them on top if/when we play them. I actually give us a better chance in a series against Atlanta than Cleveland because of that rebounding. Assuming Atlanta doesn't go crazy from 3, which is entirely possible.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

The key is not under performing as they have most of the season. They have enough weapons to be a matchup problem for anyone. they just have to use them right. Teams won't be able to just stop Rose anymore. They will however still try to trap Rose, but that's where he needs shooters to play with. The Bulls have a few offensive weapons other than Rose now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Assuming the Bulls move the ball well like they did last night, they have a legit chance against anyone in the East. Their shooters were getting wide open 3s so if those are going in, they're generally good enough in all other areas to come out on top. That said, I don't see them beating the Warriors or Spurs if by some miracle they got that far. Cleveland's ability to get offensive rebounds may be what puts them on top if/when we play them. I actually give us a better chance in a series against Atlanta than Cleveland because of that rebounding. Assuming Atlanta doesn't go crazy from 3, which is entirely possible.
As I said when Cleveland made that trade, but most posters shot me down, they solved a ton of their matchup problems with us.

Timofy can rebound and guard Gasol. Love can guard Noah as Love doesn't need to do anything else. LeBron can stick on Butler and wear him down the entier game... JR Smith can stick on Dunleavy/Niko and the Irving on Rose.. If the Cavs want more length they switch to Shump to guard Rose and probably let LeBron play safety while sticking Irving on Jimmy. Jimmy can destroy him of course, but my thing is Jimmy may be tired from following LeBron around for 3 quarters at that point. Thats why I think Jimmy and Snell should switch roles from time to time so Jimmy can focus more on offense at times in the game, but we'll see if Thibs even considers such a thing.

The X-factor to me is still Niko in that because his length and size changes things. Noah coming back to even 80% of his last year regular season form would be extremely helpful as well as it would push Cleveland to make an adjustment as Love simply can't guard anyone.

Either way its an interesting series and a game of matchup tinkering there. Whoever makes the best adjustments will probably win that series. And being stubborn isn't going to cut it.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
As I said when Cleveland made that trade, but most posters shot me down, they solved a ton of their matchup problems with us.

Timofy can rebound and guard Gasol. Love can guard Noah as Love doesn't need to do anything else. LeBron can stick on Butler and wear him down the entier game... JR Smith can stick on Dunleavy/Niko and the Irving on Rose.. If the Cavs want more length they switch to Shump to guard Rose and probably let LeBron play safety while sticking Irving on Jimmy. Jimmy can destroy him of course, but my thing is Jimmy may be tired from following LeBron around for 3 quarters at that point. Thats why I think Jimmy and Snell should switch roles from time to time so Jimmy can focus more on offense at times in the game, but we'll see if Thibs even considers such a thing.

The X-factor to me is still Niko in that because his length and size changes things. Noah coming back to even 80% of his last year regular season form would be extremely helpful as well as it would push Cleveland to make an adjustment as Love simply can't guard anyone.

Either way its an interesting series and a game of matchup tinkering there. Whoever makes the best adjustments will probably win that series. And being stubborn isn't going to cut it.

I agree, it'll be an interesting matchup game with the Cavs. To me, Rose is the secret weapon as he can neutralize Irving, imo. Then does LJ try and check Rose again? Enter Niko at that point. I almost like Snell's defense against them. It will be interesting, however.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thibs will make adjustments...he always does. They're just not the instantaneous adjustments that everyone wants to make.

Niko and Snell should play a big role in how well we are able to throw Cleveland off their game plan. If Snell is able to help Jimmy with Lebron, we may be able to put Cleveland's big men in foul trouble with Jimmy's ability to attack the basket (since he'll actually have the energy to do so). Niko will also force Love to have to guard someone on the perimeter which is a decided advantage in Niko's favor. It may force Blatt to use Marion more and their traditional big men less which is better for us as Marion, though a good rebounder, is not the same threat as Mozgov, Thompson or Love on the offensive glass. If JR goes nuts again though, we may just be screwed unless one of our shooters also gets hot.

It actually may come down to who is able to hit more 3s. Technically, the Cavs have more shooters than we do. More consistent ones at that. We're basically hoping that Dunleavy, Niko, or Brooks gets hot from 3. And perhaps Snell as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thibs will make adjustments...he always does. They're just not the instantaneous adjustments that everyone wants to make.

Niko and Snell should play a big role in how well we are able to throw Cleveland off their game plan. If Snell is able to help Jimmy with Lebron, we may be able to put Cleveland's big men in foul trouble with Jimmy's ability to attack the basket (since he'll actually have the energy to do so). Niko will also force Love to have to guard someone on the perimeter which is a decided advantage in Niko's favor. It may force Blatt to use Marion more and their traditional big men less which is better for us as Marion, though a good rebounder, is not the same threat as Mozgov, Thompson or Love on the offensive glass. If JR goes nuts again though, we may just be screwed unless one of our shooters also gets hot.

It actually may come down to who is able to hit more 3s. Technically, the Cavs have more shooters than we do. More consistent ones at that. We're basically hoping that Dunleavy, Niko, or Brooks gets hot from 3. And perhaps Snell as well.

JR Smith has never shown to have a stretch of having multiple games in a row such as like we saw a few Sundays ago against them. JR Smith may have two games in the series like that.. and that may be something that becomes just too tough for the Bulls to over come those games... It just means they need to be on their A game the others games in order to beat Cleveland. And you're right, it may come down to 3 pointers. We have shown zero consistency there this year, so I think it'll be hard to maintain over a series as well.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Every time they play and beat the Nets, even shorthanded, I go back to when so many people were so jealous of the Nets and their Russian owner and part owner JayZ was going to do so much for the players and they were signing all those big name players Pierce, Williams, Lopez, Garnett, Humphries with the players coach Jason Kidd, trading picks left and right and more stars would go there to be a part of it all and hearing how they had built this instant championship team. How is that working out for Brooklyn?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every time they play and beat the Nets, even shorthanded, I go back to when so many people were so jealous of the Nets and their Russian owner and part owner JayZ was going to do so much for the players and they were signing all those big name players Pierce, Williams, Lopez, Garnett, Humphries with the players coach Jason Kidd, trading picks left and right and more stars would go there to be a part of it all and hearing how they had built this instant championship team. How is that working out for Brooklyn?
I still somewhat envy that willingness to spend.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I'm not sure about envy or being jealous, but I did think they would be better. It just shows that randomly signing a bunch of FA's or trades isn't always the answer. Teams need chemistry too.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that Rose is going to change any part of his game. It is HIS GAME. It is his instinct and his game. If he feels he's got a shot, he is going to take it. He is going to take a three point shot if he feels that he can make it. There is nobody that is going to take that part of his game away from him. When you think about it, if he doesn't present the threat of a three, then the defense just sags back and cuts off his drive lane.